New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

Sorenia

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you people get off?

What do you mean "Normal Content"?

I define normal content as roughly what I would get in other MMOs. It's a new content patch after a very long wait and that means new gear appearances to me. I don't care what tier they want to call it or what reasons they give. It's been several months and that means give me my freaking new armor sets.

I've ALREADY PAID them for this next content patch. They took my money for months on end and now the armor sets that provide the interesting reward from raiding have been stolen to put in some F2P cash grab gambling boxes.

The gear you will find will be interesting to everyone because it is not going to be restricted by class or by faction and all moddable.

No light/medium/heavy? All the same? Even in GW2 cash-shop there are some light/medium/heavy gear sets... :eek::(

So now we know why the new raid tier is getting jipped on new armor sets.

Essentially art time got put into these gambling boxes and thus we have no new armor tier. .

If you're going to post whiny threads, at least be informed as to what you're actually whining about.

This next gear set is still part of Tier 2, it is supposed to have the same art style, but different coloration. If you didn't realize, this is how Tionese, Columi, Rakata work. This is how Black Hole, Campaign, Dread Guard will work also.

When we see a new gear tier, (Probably NM TFB) we'll see a new art style.

The GW2 boxes are completely different than what these are. Those always give something useful and never have anything amazing in them.

No it's rubbish for the rest of us. EA will see this as easy money and give up on meaningful content. The whole MMO industry is going to devolve into this crap.

Why make good games when you can get away with unregulated gambling?

There's one other very important note about GW2... it's FREE. No not this supposed f2p bioware is offering but actually free to play. I don't mind paying for a sub and I don't mind having a cash shop but the two should never go together. That's just them trying to milk more money without adding more real content. If this really lets them add content every 6 weeks like they say I might give them a break but I have to see it to believe it as EA has played this song and dance with Warhammer once already.

I define normal content as roughly what I would get in other MMOs. It's a new content patch after a very long wait and that means new gear appearances to me. I don't care what tier they want to call it or what reasons they give. It's been several months and that means give me my freaking new armor sets.

I've ALREADY PAID them for this next content patch. They took my money for months on end and now the armor sets that provide the interesting reward from raiding have been stolen to put in some F2P cash grab gambling boxes.

if normal content is what you want, and you're not getting that content here, but it is in other MMOs... why are you here?

You pay for access to the game, you don't pay them for content patches. "Game experience MAY change" doesn't mean it will, and sure as hell not likely when you want it to.

You are making baseless accusations. For all you know, they were NEVER going to add that armor because the RvR of introducing new armor was very low... but Microtransactions.. bam, instant cash cow for every suit.

You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?

Given that the previous tier (Tionese, Columi, Rakata) are 3 armors that are pallete swaps, I find the whole premise of this thread, silly, reactionary, foolish, ridiculous, and not well-thought out.

So now we know why the new raid tier is getting jipped on new armor sets.

Q: What kind of things can we expect to see in the Cartel Coin shop.

Really cool mounts, cool pets, some gearsets (not impactful to endgame) that help players as they level up. The gear you will find will be interesting to everyone because it is not going to be restricted by class or by faction and all moddable. The gear you purchase in the CC shop is hopefully something you will be able to use for a class you got.

We also have a really cool thing called Cartel packs. Cartel packs you buy give you a random assortment of really cool items and a chance to get some of the cooler items that maybe in the game (not powerful, but very cool – they going to make you look AMAZING!)

Essentially art time got put into these gambling boxes and thus we have no new armor tier. For those unfamiliar with F2P these will be gambling boxes where the items you want are extremely rare. It's essentially unregulated gambling (much worse odds than Vegas for instance).

Sooooo Lock Boxes? Yeah ... not a good idea. :mad:

Edited by Urael

If you're going to post whiny threads, at least be informed as to what you're actually whining about. This next gear set is still part of Tier 2, it is supposed to have the same art style, but different coloration.

I don't care what tier they think they are on. The only thing that matters is months in between content updates. I've paid for new armor sets with my monthly fee.

You pay for access to the game, you don't pay them for content patches.

Wrong. I pay them for content patches. If it was just "access" the fee would be about $3 per month.

Edited by Sorenia

point out where in the TOS it says 12 of every 15 dollars you give to EAware must/will go towards content patches for TOR. I dare you.

What does the TOS have to do with this? We're only talking about what people personally believe they will get out of their subscription fees. EA's INTENT doesn't matter.

If there is a gap between customer expectation and what EA is offering then that is EA's fault. Their inability to understand this sort of thing is why people stopped paying.

I used to play an MMO called IMAGINE Online. They had these things called Fortune Cards.

Bascially, You spent real money on points to play these Fortune Cards which have really awesome gear but the odds of getting anything that good was very low.

It's how I was grabbed by the balls for 4 months wasting my money on pixels. I used to spend $80 every two weeks on these fortune cards to get the gear I wanted but hardly ever did. I won from time to time but thats it. They would constantly keep changing the Fortune Cards with new items to make you keep spending money.

I learned my lesson, and didn't realize I was basically throwing my money out the window so easily. Gambling is very bad folks, don't become a victim like me and it sucks knowing your the only person that was at fault and the developers are walking away with lots of your cash laughing.

I WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN THESE GAMBLING BOXES! I don't care how enticing they are.

Edited by DuckKing

If these boxes are indeed the gambling variety, it shows that the people behind this game are ethically unsound: they are putting their players in a position to become addicted to gambling and to spend a lot of money the way addicts do...Speaking of social impact investment, I know why the docs left now....

If these boxes are indeed the gambling variety, it shows that the people behind this game are ethically unsound: they are putting their players in a position to become addicted to gambling and to spend a lot of money the way addicts do...Speaking of social impact investment, I know why the docs left now....

Its EA... We already know they are ethically unsound.

I don't care what tier they think they are on. The only thing that matters is months in between content updates. I've paid for new armor sets with my monthly fee.

Wrong. I pay them for content patches. If it was just "access" the fee would be about $3 per month.

No, you haven't paid for new armor sets. You've paid for server upkeep and access to the game, silly.

No, you haven't paid for new armor sets. You've paid for server upkeep and access to the game, silly.

You're misunderstanding the entire discussion. We're not talking about their contractual obligations here. We're talking about what 99% of the customers expect when they fork over the money.

That isn't any more true this time, then it was the first 500 times it has been said in many other game forums.

We pay for them to continue the developement of the game. Every player of every MMO in the past knew this...sad that developers have recently (over the past few years) have decided to claim ignorance.:rak_03:

point out where in the TOS it says 12 of every 15 dollars you give to EAware must/will go towards content patches for TOR. I dare you.

Point out in the TOS where it explains how the game is going to survive when everyone with a brain leaves after months of zero content updates and now everything going in the cash shop and gambling boxes.

I love how people keep chanting this "TOS, TOS" thing. "You only pay for access". Sorry, but if MMO A offers me access plus regular updates and new content for $15 and SWTOR offers "access" for $15, anyone who continues to subscribe at that point is wasting their money.

The answer to "I'm not getting enough for my money's worth" is not to tell the customer "You only get a tiny bit even if we advertise that we are giving you lots." Try that in any other business and you'll either be laughed out of business and bankrupt or sued for false advertising.

What does the TOS have to do with this? We're only talking about what people personally believe they will get out of their subscription fees. EA's INTENT doesn't matter.

If there is a gap between customer expectation and what EA is offering then that is EA's fault. Their inability to understand this sort of thing is why people stopped paying.

Then those people who's expectations are not being met should do just that, stop paying. Simple as that, just cancel your sub.

EA's intent DOES matter and it matters more than your personal belief. How so ? Your personal belief only affects YOU, EA's intent affects EVERYONE who buys their product.

If people believe they should recieve something more than "access to the game" for thier sub fee, then their either morons or delusional or a bit of both. How so ? Go argue your PERSONAL BELIEF against THEIR legal document in a court of law. Even the bum in the back of the court is gonna laugh at you.

EA's failure is on them. I will take no personal responsibility for their mistakes. I will neither buy Boxes or the keys to open them, MY CHOICE ( as it should be, as it always will be ). I know, taking into consideration, their track record so far, as well as their current plans, it is no longer a matter of IF but WHEN i cancel my sub. I take responsibility for ME and myself alone. EA's choices are EA's choices and only effect me if i allow it.