Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process."

I like the qoute above from Mr. Stephen R.

I want to know what games he is referring to.

Of course he is referring to Star Trek Online and Allods Online. Because WoW had at least 200k during day 1 of early access, as did Aion, Rift, hell, I think even DCUO had close to that.

So many pages so many nerd rages, this is fun haha! I like the poeple who worry about names being taking. Like really is your name you want so normal that it will be taken within the first day of a pre launch? How I pity you worriers.

Something that starts bad ends up even worse ... Murphy

Next LotRO i predict :)

In 6 months this game will be free to play with this many pissed off customers , 16 year olds or 40 year olds , still customers.

The fact that those who ordered on 21-22 of july didnt got in is annoying plus the fact that they couldnt release a graph , or to announce everyone when they will get in ... at least by dates of preordering if not personally ...

So many MMOs have lunched till now , but it seems big companies still have things to learn.

No matter what you say/do this will get you more unsatisfied customers than long queue or stability issues.

Dont do a pre-lunch if you cant handle it ....

This formality with "UP TO ..." is something that crooks do in my country at street corner to fool ppl with money ... and rob them.

Well you achived it , you made many pay 5 euro/usd more for 1-2 days extra , and you say you are cheaper than WoW , well you aint sadly , good trick i'd say ...

Many will be left with a bitter taste after this ..

My 2 cents ...

Edit: PS: waves is good if spread over 24 hours , spread over 7 days is crap :)

but you didn't pay 5 extra dollars......

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Don't ya just love how people rant and emoRAGE/quit because they weren't included in the first day of Early Access? I am lolling at all of them because:

1). BioWare didn't have to let ANYONE in 7 days prior to launch.

2). As much as they complain, it's not going to get them in any faster.

3). Yes, it's an excellent game and the best Beta I've ever played, BUT it's not the end all and be all of MMORPGs.... yet. :D

4). Do the words "MAY" and "UP TO" mean anything to anyone? Those are clearly stated on the preorder part where people go to reserve the game.

5). Only things that are completely 100% guaranteed in this life are death and taxes, and I'm not so sure about taxes. :p

Anyhow, this is my point of view, and by all means keep posting. I'm loving the tears. :)

lol, agree'd.. I am loving this thread

I think I'll copy and paste this post instead.

Don't ya just love how people rant and emoRAGE/quit because they weren't included in the first day of Early Access? I am lolling at all of them because:

3). Yes, it's an excellent game and the best Beta I've ever played, BUT it's not the end all and be all of MMORPGs.... yet. :D

4). Do the words "MAY" and "UP TO" mean anything to anyone? Those are clearly stated on the preorder part where people go to reserve the game.

5). Only things that are completely 100% guaranteed in this life are death and taxes, and I'm not so sure about taxes. :p

Anyhow, this is my point of view, and by all means keep posting. I'm loving the tears. :)

In 1989, Bruce McIntosh coined the term the "spoiled child syndrome".[1] The syndrome is characterized by "excessive, self-centered, and immature behavior". It includes lack of consideration for other people, recurrent temper tantrums, an inability to handle the delay of gratification, demands for having one's own way, obstructiveness, and manipulation.[5] McIntosh attributed the syndrome to "the failure of parents to enforce consistent, age-appropriate limits", but others, such as Aylward, note that temperament is probably a contributory factor.[6]

These wave roll outs should be 24/7 every few hours not just in a 8 hour period. No excuses. They have people working 24/7 how else do you keep the servers up and running. Besides how much money has been put in to making this game millions? Its launch week for crying out loud. Every few hours launch another wave don't wait 16+ hours before the next wave. That is just plain stupid.

you made my day lol

You guys realize this is early access right? Today isn't launch day. I haven't seen this level of an entitlement complex in a really long time. The game launches on the 20th, if you get in before that consider it an early christmas gift from BioWare. Stop feeling so entitled, and quite honestly, this isn't a very good representation of what gamers as like. So you can't get into a video game the day you want... and there's NOTHING better you can do with your time than sit here and ***** about it? Really? *shakes head* Edited by HyeJinx

this says it all!! Copy and paste so they get the message!

Originally posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why i play a game that prefer player more than other and give them an advantge when me and them pay same price all player must be on same state

now some player have an advantge over the other

shame ...