Legacy Storage?

idnewton

• Dev Post

Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

Can I place BoP items in my Legacy storage?

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Can I access my crafting materials from Legacy storage?

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright folks, round 2! From what I can tell there were two big questions still on the table and here they are:

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Yes you can! The way it will work is that when you go to craft something, your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

FRAKKING WIN.

Thank you very, very much. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Sweet another debate put to rest! :D I can live with no BoP legacy transfers since I know it hasn't been ruled out completely.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

If I may Eric, can you check this thread of mine and tell us there or here if the Legacy Storage will be more akin to a Cargo Hold or Guild Bank?

As I mention there...

Cargo Holds come with a bay that includes 80(!) slots, apparently the same kind of deal we'll be getting with the Legacy bank. Dunno if it will be possible to both deposit and withdraw credits, name different bays, select an image thumbnail for each one, etc etc.

Guild Banks comes with a bay that includes 90(!!!) slots, the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits, name bays, select an image thumbnail for each one, etc etc.

Which will be more similar to the Legacy Storage? Can you guys clarify at this point?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If I may Eric, can you check this thread of mine and tell us there or here if the Legacy Storage will be more akin to a Cargo Hold or Guild Bank?

As I mention there...

Which will be more similar to the Legacy Storage? Can you guys clarify at this point?

I'm just guessing, but since you can craft from a cargohold, but cannot craft from guild bank... probably more like cargohold. but official answer would be nice.

I'm just guessing, but since you can craft from a cargohold, but cannot craft from guild bank... probably more like cargohold. but official answer would be nice.

That's what I'm fearing, plus the fact it has the exact same number of slots that a cargo hold has. At the very least, the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits would be extremely advantageous.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Guess I'll keep my Longshots for now, then. I bought a few of them on my Imperial characters when it was announced that the Tionese/Columi/Rakata vendors were going away once 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel dropped.

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea for those old vendors to make an appearance again...maybe for Classic commendations...maybe put them in the Cartel Bazaar...just something to think about.

In this case I do not see any use for the bank at all.

Totally useless feature like the rest of the Patch.

I wouldn't say the entire patch is totally useless, but the lack of Fleet chat in houses coupled with this news is making housing less useful than I'd like it to be.

So here are my main points on this problem ;

- I only craft Stims/Grenades for myself. Nothing else.

- I already use legacy gear to transfer mods. So the excuse of being able to bypass endgame on alts is pointless.

So it's pretty obvious that legacy storage is made for crafters/traders.

Edited by micnevv

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Woop! Now I get to save extra space in my Stronghold by not placing a Legacy Bank!

Officially useless for anyone who doesn't craft, barely useful for those who do craft.

Wonderful.

*Slowclap*

Woop! Now I get to save extra space in my Stronghold by not placing a Legacy Bank!

Officially useless for anyone who doesn't craft, barely useful for those who do craft.

Wonderful.

*Slowclap*

barely? BARELY?

speak for yourself. ability to craft from legacy storage was the one feature I really wanted. I would have been ok with just consolidating mats in it, but the fact that I can craft directly from it? is fantastic.

and personally I'm also going to use it to consolidate odds and ends from cartel packs, as well as companion gifts. at the minimum. to me, legacy bank even as it stands right now is pretty much the only real reason to bother with a stronghold. decorating might hold me for a few hours, but legacy bank isd why I'd keep coming back

Edited by Jeweledleah

... you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage.... could [] change in the future.

Yes you can! ... your materials will be pulled in this priority order: Inventory, Cargo, Legacy storage.

Absolutely freaking PERFECT. Legacy Storage is turning out exactly as I wanted, just lucky I guess.

Thanks, BioWare.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I know there's major concerns with BoP items being allowed in Legacy Storage (Lost monetization, drastically reduced gear grind time, etc). But you do realize that Legacy Storage won't solve the MAJOR storage problem that many of us are facing.

The problem is that I have nearly 5 Cargo bays full of bound items, most of which can't be reacquired or have a very steep repurchase cost or a require a large amount of effort/time to reacquire. Also your Collections/Cartel Market system essentially forces you to hold on to any gear you've equipped, but not unlocked the whole set for in Collections.

So, two questions/Suggestions:

1. If you're not going to allow BoP items in Legacy Storage could you please increase the number of regular Cargo Bays then?

2. If I have more than 50% of a Collection, could you add moderately expensive option to just unlock the rest of the set? I.E. If I have the Revan's Mask, Chest Plate , and Robes I could pay something like 1,000cc to unlock the other two items in the set.

The only upside to Legacy Storage right now is that it reduces the need for alt storage of crafting materials, boosts, companion gifts, etc. Which is a very welcome addition, but not everything I hoped for.

Wonderful.

*Slowclap*

Not useless at all you would be saving space by getting a Legacy Storage...

I wouldn't say the entire patch is totally useless, but the lack of Fleet chat in houses coupled with this news is making housing less useful than I'd like it to be.

So here are my main points on this problem ;

- I only craft Stims/Grenades for myself. Nothing else.

- I already use legacy gear to transfer mods. So the excuse of being able to bypass endgame on alts is pointless.

So it's pretty obvious that legacy storage is made for crafters/traders.

They've already said in the latest stream that they are STILL considering it.

Not useless at all you would be saving space by getting a Legacy Storage...

What space??? For anyone thats not a crafter/trader the legacy storage is practically useless.

Edited by micnevv

barely? BARELY?

speak for yourself. ability to craft from legacy storage was the one feature I really wanted. I would have been ok with just consolidating mats in it, but the fact that I can craft directly from it? is fantastic.

Yes, Barely.

I have an armstech, Cybertech, and Artifice.

I don't see the point in putting them in the same hold at all, now I have to go to and out of my stronghold instead Of sitting on fleet.

If you're worried about BoP transfers in the Legacy bank messing up the Cartel Market issue, just tag cartel stuff as only transferable through Legacy Bank if its been Legacy unlocked. Edited by Elfa

Yes, Barely.

I have an armstech, Cybertech, and Artifice.

I don't see the point in putting them in the same hold at all, now I have to go to and out of my stronghold instead Of sitting on fleet.

They've already stated they're considering having the Fleet Chat available in Strongholds.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thank you with all my crafting this will make it much easier.

They've already stated they're considering having the Fleet Chat available in Strongholds.

Yes, same way they are considering the legacy storage issue. That's why we are trying to convince them that certain decisions must be taken to improve this expansion.

I don't care about fleet chat.

Listen, I don't spend stupid amounts of money on cartel Packs, so my normal banks aren't full.

Why would I load stronghold and reload fleet, to put them in a currently no-Different bank, every time I get mats off a mission? Instead of staying on fleet to pvp and do ops like I currently am.

I'm still looking forward to strongholds, going to love if, but currently the Legacy Bank is useless to anyone but crafters, and barely useful for crafters.

In this case I do not see any use for the bank at all.

Totally useless feature like the rest of the Patch.

It is useful for this:

Welcome to MMO's, a type of game that is often updated, but not every update may be exactly suited to any one player's particular play style.