Another lost subscription

theLast

I can agree with a lot of what the OP is saying, with the exception of all F2P games failing. Turbine has done pretty well with their F2P model, although they have quite a bit of P2W.

I haven't played this game in about a month and a half because nothing is drawing me to log in like it use to. Sure, I could just un-sub and move along like all the knee jerk reactions to these kind of threads suggest. But you see, I want the game to succeed. I had been anticipating this games release years before it came out. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I really did enjoy the game quite a bit at one time.

What a lot of you "this game is perfect because my head is firmly placed up BW's ***" people fail to realize is that negative criticism isn't always a bad thing. It's like art or music, if you suck at it, you will never strive to be better if you aren't aren't aware of how horrible you are. You guys are more detrimental to the games future than the complainers. I mean, do you really think it will be good for the game if everyone that disagreed with you ****ed off and un-subbed?

I can't help it if I am not easily amused and believe that products that I spend money on should meet certain standards and if they don't the company cares enough about it's product and it's customers to take it's profits and improve said product. Again, I know I can just take my money else where, but I believe this game has massive potential, so I stick around. However, IMO, I don't like the direction the game is heading, and being a paying customer I have the right to voice this opinion and so does the OP. If the devs aren't reading these kind of posts and noting why people are quitting, well, they aren't very good at their job or they just don't care (yes, I know about t he exit survey when you un-sub. Not enough room and it's requires you to un-sub to voice your dislikes).

In the end, I can agree with the OP to a point and it kind of sucks that more people are leaving. How many people have to leave before it's to late to keep the game running anymore and EA pulls the plug? So yeah, you guys just keep encouraging people to un-sub when they don't like something in the game and voice their thoughts, because that's good for the games future. smh.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People want more stuff to do which is normal but maybe just maybe it is not in adding more raids, operations, etc maybe it is adding other things to do just as maybe pod racing, possible housing (which could be your ships) things to get people interested in doing.

Operations and flashpoints are fun but maybe sometimes people want something else to do. Maybe even redo the crafting where it becomes more personal.

Just ideas.

I still love the game and these are just ideas that might help some people.

Bioware seeks feedback. They have indicated so multiple times.

I understand the frustration some members may have at having to see "I quit" threads. I would expect, however, that Bioware finds every subscription important and would choose to have this kind of information reported in some fashion.

Well presented or not, regardless of why someone is leaving, I think it's important information. I also think it might be important to Bioware. If common themes emerge that deserves their attention.

Bioware seeks feedback. They have indicated so multiple times.

General forum "I'm quitting" threads are not the best channel for feedback to Bioware. Do they read them? I'm sure they do. Do they extract take aways to consider? Hard to tell really.

The better approach is to use the established channels for feedback: suggestion forum, bug forum, in game feedback, etc.

Personally, I use in game reporting most often because I know it will get electronically logged and reviewed by someone. If other people submit the same/similar feedback/reports in game.. it adds weight to the review process.

Having been on the other side of an operation like this (not games, other products) I know for a fact that customer forums are the worst channel for organized feedback to get back to designers unless you use the actual reporting subforums. Unless you have a dedicated "harvester" combing the forum constantly, it's completely hit or miss if any thread, much less any constructive post in a thread, ever makes it's way back to the design team.

Report in game, report often, be objective, factual, and clear, forget about ever getting a direct response back to you specifically (it does not matter, except to your ego). You will benefit the game more then spending a hundred hours populating every thread in general forum with your personal pet peeves or desires about the game.

Edited by Andryah

Seems to me OP and his gang have simply run out of game. he already said some of his guildees are leaving MMOs altogether because this was their last best hope. One thing BW has admitted is that they underestimated how fast people would level. They were surprised that the AVERAGE game play was 40 hours per week, and people were playing 80 or even 120 hours per week.

I can hardly blame them for being surprised as even the lower end there speaks to addiction. 40 hours per WEEK? My God, do they do anything else? That's a whole nuther subject, so let's let it go for now, but the basic issue is that after a year and a half OP and his buds are moving on.

That's as it should be. This game can't supply their needs for the next 40 years. It should not be expected to and those who think it should have a false sense of expectations. That's not a criticism of the game, but a reflection on your own addictions. "This game sucks because I'm bored and there's no new content." Umm, yeah, and you don't have a life either.

General forum "I'm quitting" threads are not the best channel for feedback to Bioware. Do they read them? I'm sure they do. Do they extract take aways to consider? Hard to tell really.

The better approach is to use the established channels for feedback: suggestion forum, bug forum, in game feedback, etc.

Personally, I use in game reporting most often because I know it will get electronically logged and reviewed by someone. If other people submit the same/similar feedback/reports in game.. it adds weight to the review process.

Having been on the other side of an operation like this (not games, other products) I know for a fact that customer forums are the worst channel for organized feedback to get back to designers unless you use the actual reporting subforums. Unless you have a dedicated "harvester" combing the forum constantly, it's completely hit or miss if any thread, much less any constructive post in a thread, ever makes it's way back to the design team.

Report in game, report often, be objective, factual, and clear, forget about ever getting a direct response back to you specifically (it does not matter, except to your ego). You will benefit the game more then spending a hundred hours populating every thread in general forum with your personal pet peeves or desires about the game.

I can agree with this sentiment. Though I still support the idea of people calmly posting their reasons for leaving, the best route (to avoid negative feedback) would probably be some kind of in game mechanism.

I don't get any of this at all. Maybe it's because I don't come from other MMOs. I have been playing since pre-launch and there are classes I haven't finished leveling, things I haven't seen, and frankly, I wish I had even more time to play. And I already arguably play too much on my 11 characters... Maybe it's because I spend time talking to people and care about things like cool clothes, and lore, and storylines. Not just leveling to the end of something and being 'done' to get bored. And that has been a danger with me with other games. I'm just not feeling the boredom, and I while I have some other complaints about the game, lack of things to do just isn't one of them.

First, let me say this post is going to be very long. If you are just here to post a response like "who cares" or "don't let the door hit you" or "can I have your stuff" the only thing I can say is it sucks to be you. I won't be checking in on this thread so your time is wasted. I am posting this not for you, but for Bioware. They need feedback to know what they are doing wrong and this post is going to be that feedback.

<............>

Very well-written post. I to agree that BW should spend less time on shiny BS and produce content instead. F2Ps will pay more for weekly passes, Subs will be happier to resume their subscription.

Edited by Helig

Don't forget the dreaded TESO. Personally I don't have sky-high hopes for it, but hey, miracles happen once in a long while.

I have spent quite a few hours with it recently. I can tell you it is fun as MMO's go, but it isn't the answer. It is/will be another average MMO.

That said, I am not knocking the game by any means. It does what it does pretty good. It brings Elder Scrolls to the MMOverse. However, it is not on the quality of it being Skyrim online. It is simply an Elder Scrolls flavored MMO. It is good, just nothing awe-inspiring.

Edited by TheBBP

Of all the upcoming MMOs, Wildstar is the only one that is catching my attention. I'll probably give TESO a spin if I can test it for free, I don't think I'd buy it though.

Wildstar is also catching my attention. EQNext is one that I really want some info on. Im a huge EQ fan.

Don't forget the dreaded TESO. Personally I don't have sky-high hopes for it, but hey, miracles happen once in a long while.

Me neither.

Im not hyped easily anymore, hate being disapointed.

Last time i was hyped, it was Swtor, and i got really disapointed.

I wasent hyped with Guild Wars 2, and that turned out to be great for me.

So am i hyped for TESO, nope, not at all.

+1 more lost subscription. I agree with the Op for the most part, but want to add my person reasons

1) - story. It was the only draw to the game. After it was gone there was no more point to play, After that point it is just another WoW clone.

2) - Ugly, Boring Armour and absolutely no variety. Where is the choice in armour sets we were promised during CLOSED BETA? Where are half of the armour sets from Beta? All removed so that all characters will look the same. Sad, pathetic, EA killed another game.

3) - No reward for quest completion, constant mods and yellow pieces that don't match to anything else, might as well given me credits and nothing else

4) - hide helmet option, get rid of it, as well as items that piss all over lore, like Black Lightsabers.

5) - nickle and dime. I pay a subscription, why do i have to pay for CONTENT PATCHES? not even expansion packs, but content patches.

Edited by Feeblezak

+1 more lost subscription. I agree with the Op for the most part, but want to add my person reasons

1) - story. It was the only draw to the game. After it was gone there was no more point to play, After that point it is just another WoW clone.

2) - Ugly, Boring Armour and absolutely no variety. Where is the choice in armour sets we were promised during CLOSED BETA? Where are half of the armour sets from Beta? All removed so that all characters will look the same. Sad, pathetic, EA killed another game.

3) - No reward for quest completion, constant mods and yellow pieces that don't match to anything else, might as well given me credits and nothing else

4) - hide helmet option, get rid of it, as well as items that piss all over lore, like Black Lightsabers.

5) - nickle and dime. I pay a subscription, why do i have to pay for CONTENT PATCHES? not even expansion packs, but content patches.

1. Story ended, yeah, every story eventually ends. There is simply a limit to how fast can story be created, no matter of medium (books , movies, games)
  2. There is ton of good looking armor for ingame credits, you are just not looking
  3. Quests reward appropriately to their level. You get mods to improve your gear, comms to buy new gear, or random piece of gear. Plus, you get credits and XP. Every quest in every game is like that
  4. Why would you want to run around with helmets, which usually look ugly (the only pieces of armor that I actually agree look ugly). If it breaks your sense of realism, well, cannot help you there
  5. What was the last CONTENT patch you paid for? You paid for Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, Patch 2.0 was free. That the new content is usually gated by the expansion, well, again, happens in most games.

Perhaps BW could create 8 man mini-operations (3 bosses or so?) and release those every quarter alongside with major operation every 6 months? That would give guilds some incentive to do things.

Sadly, it does not really change the development time if you create 3 or 10 bosses. You still have to draw the environment, program the tactics, set up the basic elements, etc. The development time curve starts to flatten after some number of bosses