Changing font size in game

KarrisThanor

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm young (well on the younger side at least) and I too have trouble reading the text in game, this needs to be fixed ASAP as well in general the entire UI (including frames) needs a work over.

As everyone else has said, add me to the list.

I have problems with eye strain occasionally but I have good eye sight. However, I can't read the majority of text in the game without squinting or leaning in to my monitor. My eyes hurt after playing for just a short amount of time. This doesn't happen with other video games. I definitely agree that this should be at the top of the list of fixes.

Same here. I have gotten the chat window font large enough to read, but the quest text, tooltips, egc. Are all way too small to read and both my wife and I need to squint and get way too close to the screen to read any of it.

Please give us a text scaling option for the UI!

The fuzzy blue on blue of the codex i find almost impossible to read.

Scalable text options and more a more customable ui are a must imo.

At the minute im straining to read some of the text and it hurts.

Apart form that im enjoying it cheers!

I know there are plenty of identical replies like mine but I also am adding my name to 'the list'. I am playing on a 40" screen and am completely baffled as to why this has not been picked up on before the launch.

My eyesight is not brilliant but when the game plays like a dream apart from this it is really annoying. Another silly feature of the small text is when it back drops against the alien who doesn't speak galactic standard - it is quite literally invisible and you can't follow the conversation at all :confused:

The game is designed to give us total control but some of us will be randomly choosing responses we normally wouldn't due to this.

FIX PLEASE - I am otherwise enjoying the game btw!

Minor point, and do agree being able to scale up the text would be most useful however, all of the text from the conversations also appears in the chat frame (at least for me), where it can be scaled larger and thus made more readable. Could even create another chat window just for this purpose.

Minor point, and do agree being able to scale up the text would be most useful however, all of the text from the conversations also appears in the chat frame (at least for me), where it can be scaled larger and thus made more readable. Could even create another chat window just for this purpose.

It isnt just most usefull , my friend , who plays the game with myself , is partially sighted and well basically there are rules on this type of thing , so please sort it out a.s.a.p Bioware thank you.

Even I can't read any of the skill tree descriptions so i dont actually know what to chose on my characters. Also the point about the alien speak , tiny white text which flashes on the screen at light speed , you try reading it out to a partially sighted person , its impossible it doesnt even stay on screen long enough , was this tested at all ? Did your testers even read it out loud ? Fix both issues please , its ruining the fun of the game.

My friend to be added to the list is Darth-Geggz and myself.

Badorb.

Also the point about the alien speak , tiny white text which flashes on the screen at light speed , you try reading it out to a partially sighted person , its impossible it doesnt even stay on screen long enough , was this tested at all ? Did your testers even read it out loud ? Fix both issues please , its ruining the fun of the game.

Badorb.

FYI If you click on Other tab at the top of the chat box, you'll see all the dialog from the cut scenes as well as from your companion. You can scroll that and re read any of it.

Edited by Owsley

FYI If you click on Other tab at the top of the chat box, you'll see all the dialog from the cut scenes as well as from your companion. You can scroll that and re read any of it.

Thank you that will help me catch my breath whilst reading alien speak to my friend.

Still need the font size to be sorted though , my eyes dem do hurt , owwww.

Badorb.

I found how to change chat size, but everytime i close the game it lose the setting and i need to chagne it everyload.

But the ui char are really too little!

Stupid error by a stupid supervisor didnt realize the problem.

Hope they'll fix this.

P.S. me too i play on a LED TV 46" but no way to read it.