Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

Collec

You're right, it is still important. I don't mean that Vader's sacrifice is completely pointless if Palpatine comes back, but what makes it especially meaningful in the original trilogy is that he finally ends the Sith threat to the galaxy like everybody in the Jedi Council assumed he would back in the prequel trilogy. If Palpatine can just pop back up a few years down the road, then Vader never really ended that Sith era. Still saved Luke, still saved the New Republic, but didn't do what he was "destined" to do. There's not as much closure to his story if his biggest (positive) accomplishment can be easily undone for the sake of a sequel.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a whole page of comments between FlameYOL's post and mine; added quote to clarify what I'm responding to. Whoops.

They've already been messing with the whole idea with the Chosen One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE

Filoni did later give us a "certain point of view" explanation of that scene, however it may not be over yet.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've already been messing with the whole idea with the Chosen One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE

Filoni did later give us a "certain point of view" explanation of that scene, however it may not be over yet.

I thought this scene was very clear in what it was trying to convey; Obi-Wan's point of view in the matter of Chosen One. He sees Luke, the son of man he had trained, as one who would restore the balance to Force as he felt that Anakin would be unredeemable after he had turned to dark side, and how he had "failed Anakin" (in his own words).

The whole problem of Maul being alive is in that scene. Getting cut in half no biggie...die from a slash wound = dead. Even though we don't see wound on Maul and **** me,if he would still somehow bring him back after that. And I don't hate actor Sam. He did great job as Maul and lightsaber battles of course are cool...And I don't want to hear that excuse,that Maul hated Obi-Wan so much that he just wouldn't die thing. Those that died,should stay dead. I would have no problem, if they showed that someone survived and XYZ person had no idea they survived.

As some people said, I will watch it (once) cause its Star Wars. I still have the old movies on VHS and those are the true masterpieces, I also have episodes 1-3 on DVD cause I did like them to a certain extent as they explained the story (but Episode 3 could have been better). Those movies are worth to keep cause they are material that you could watch over and over.

What we have now are onetime flicks. Its just like content in swtor that you play through once and move on. Episode 7 was a copy of episode 4, thats when we realized that these movies are made just to make money, not to really continue the legacy. Episode 8 messed things up completely and I wonder what Episode 9 will bring. Thats the only reason I will actually watch it, to see the plot, but that is it.

OH! and the solo movies like Rogue One and Solo are really really good! They are much better than the main new trilogy!

We are all Star Wars fans here. And this is why this game is still up and running and this is what they are counting on. Because it's Star Wars people will see it no matter what. And we'll say it's the last last last movie of Skywalker saga/ era until we need them again for next movies we gonna do and these Star Wars fans will go see those movies as well,because it's Star Wars. And we'll bring back Panaka if needed.

Watch it at home. As Mark Hamill said...in Hollywood it doesn't matter, if it's of high quality...only if it MAKES MONEY !!! Trailer is bait, Palpatine is bait, Luke's narration is bait. If everyone loves Rey and gang so much, why is there more reaction towards Lando, Palpatne's laugh, CGI Leia (even though they say, how they used unused footage from episode VII and VIII) and Skywalker title. And then it'll bee 2h of turd Rey and her gang vs Kylo, where he'll get rekt 3rd time by Rey.

Oh and this..I'll post this as seperate one:

some people are excited and theorize, that if Palpatine would be force ghost, that then we would watch force ghost battles between Luke and Palpy....like if that happens I walk away from anything Star Wars.

I've read what will actually happen in that link I posted in my first post and expect that movie will follow pretty much what was in that video and it's gonna suck.

We are all Star Wars fans here. And this is why this game is still up and running and this is what they are counting on. Because it's Star Wars

I just wanted to point out that the old films had a huge "replay value" which the new movies do not have. The only one I watched again was Rouge One. As we keep saying its SW and people will go watch it, but I would be more satisfied if they made movies like back then again.

The first half of Rogue One was pretty good, but the best part of that movie was Saw Guerrera (Forest Whitaker). He made every other actor in that movie look like a hack.

Hahahahahhahaha...that is a good one. Forest is a great actor yes, but Saw Guerrera is a trash character. Was in Clone Wars and in Rogue One. And until they fired first shot with Death Star, movie was boring. After that it all clicked for me and I enjoyed it till end.

Saw, Holdo, Rose,Phasma are the most pointless and trash characters in SW. I'd even put Hux in there and Kylo.

Saw, Holdo, Rose,Phasma are the most pointless and trash characters in SW. I'd even put Hux in there and Kylo.

I agree with you on Hux, Phasma, and Holdo. In the case of Holdo, I think she was there to fill in so that they wouldn't have to kill off Leia -- because their story was dead set on the kamikaze attack with the capital starship.

Hux is awful because he's nothing but a nazi-clone with no personality except "ME ANGRY GERMAN!"

Phasma is basically the stormtrooper version of Boba Fett: entirely pointless "extra" /side character with fancy armor and a few gimmicks.

Hahahahahhahaha...that is a good one. Forest is a great actor yes, but Saw Guerrera is a trash character. Was in Clone Wars and in Rogue One.

Whether Saw Guerrera is a great character doesn't matter because Forest Whitaker was able to sell his character (for me anyway).

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I think just about everyone is with Collec I know I'm boycotting ep 9.

Really at this point Disney needs to sell Star Wars to a company that cares about it as its 100% clear they don't.

As a Star Wars fan I have say I understand your concerns my dear thread starter...

I saw the trailer and first of all I don't like the title at all and I feel like this new trilogy continues to make the same mistake and that is relying too damn much on nostalgia and copying the original trilogy we all loved.

I am not say that we shouldn't have Skywalker's or Palpatine, Yoda reference's in these new films, BUT they should have made something new and I'm sure there would have been a way to fit Skywalker and his legacy in it...

What we got instead ? We had an Ep 7 that while trying to bring in something new copied A New Hope way too much and it became almost a modern day remake.

We have Episode 8 that totally ignored everything Ep 7 set up story wise and took a totally new direction....

And now we have Ep 9 that god knows what they come up with now. :eek: I really REALLY hope they don't bring back Palpatine for a last minute come back because they failed to make a proper villain in the past two movies, oh wait.. We had a something of a villain but he died cut in half by Kylo and was lying on the floor with his tongue sticking out... ;)

Bottom line. While I understand your frustration with the direction Star Wars took under Disney, you have to understand that these movies are representative of our modern day society and culture. It's a shallow quick cash grab because it's Star Wars, it lacks attention to detail on cohesive story telling, but ask yourself this: Isn't this what our consumerist society is about ? These new SW movies are like fast food.. they taste good but lack in substance....

As for myself.... I will go see the movie because It's Star Wars and I wanna see the finale and also want hear John Williams' last work for the saga.

As a Star Wars fan I have say I understand your concerns my dear thread starter...

I saw the trailer and first of all I don't like the title at all and I feel like this new trilogy continues to make the same mistake and that is relying too damn much on nostalgia and copying the original trilogy we all loved.

I am not say that we shouldn't have Skywalker's or Palpatine, Yoda reference's in these new films, BUT they should have made something new and I'm sure there would have been a way to fit Skywalker and his legacy in it...

What we got instead ? We had an Ep 7 that while trying to bring in something new copied A New Hope way too much and it became almost a modern day remake.

We have Episode 8 that totally ignored everything Ep 7 set up story wise and took a totally new direction....

And now we have Ep 9 that god knows what they come up with now. :eek: I really REALLY hope they don't bring back Palpatine for a last minute come back because they failed to make a proper villain in the past two movies, oh wait.. We had a something of a villain but he died cut in half by Kylo and was lying on the floor with his tongue sticking out... ;)

Bottom line. While I understand your frustration with the direction Star Wars took under Disney, you have to understand that these movies are representative of our modern day society and culture. It's a shallow quick cash grab because it's Star Wars, it lacks attention to detail on cohesive story telling, but ask yourself this: Isn't this what our consumerist society is about ? These new SW movies are like fast food.. they taste good but lack in substance....

As for myself.... I will go see the movie because It's Star Wars and I wanna see the finale and also want hear John Williams' last work for the saga.

I've said it before..probably not here,but I don't blame everything on Disney. I blame mostly JJ,Kathy and RJ:

Yes episode VIII ignored VII and now episode IX is gonna be like **** VIII...and they can do this and get away with it,because it's Star Wars. You are just proving my point to the letter.

No offense, but you're the type that is probably like "my boyfriend/ girlfriend cheats on me all the time,but I am still gonna stay with him/ her" and then you'll ***** about him/her to your other friends, who are telling you to dump thim/her. To each their own, but how can you really complain about SW, if you just gonna see it anyway no matter how bad it's gonna be ?

And no,there can be quality in movies and tv shows based on nostalgia. Best example is Cobra Kai. It is hands down the best show and mixes perfectly with nostalgia and new characters, while buliding on Karate Kid movie and not ******** all over them and what they did..

It really bothers me that a lot of us -- that are politely and legitimately critical of the quality of the new movies -- are lumped into the sexist/racist rage-nerd category (i.e. the Rose-rage and Rey hate.... as if they are the worst things about the new movies :rolleyes: ).

Do other fans not pay attention? I've watched better movies on Netflix and Prime.

At least with the upcoming KOTOR movie we (presumably) won't have to watch another original trilogy recycle. I wonder if Disney will change the bombardment of Taris to yet another Death Star-esque world destroying device. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

It really bothers me that a lot of us -- that are politely and legitimately critical of the quality of the new movies -- are lumped into the sexist/racist rage-nerd category (i.e. the Rose-rage and Rey hate.... as if they are the worst things about the new movies :rolleyes: ).

Do other fans not pay attention? I've watched better movies on Netflix and Prime.

At least with the upcoming KOTOR movie we (presumably) won't have to watch another original trilogy recycle. I wonder if Disney will change the bombardment of Taris to yet another Death Star-esque world destroying device. Wouldn't that be lovely?

It's so much easier to smear than to have a real dialogue I'm afraid.

It's worse when you voice concerns specifically about those characters (and the other "sensitive" ones) so that you are immediately labelled a bigot or troll.

It's so much easier to smear than to have a real dialogue I'm afraid.

It's worse when you voice concerns specifically about those characters (and the other "sensitive" ones) so that you are immediately labelled a bigot or troll.

This also applies to those who like the new things though. I've seen called as madman and not a Star Wars-fan since they like new films and things. Which is ridiculous, we all love Star Wars, just have differing opinions in what we like.

It's sad that those with reasonable criticism get labeled immediately as haters and sexists, but after reading so many discussions where the tone is bad (not in these forums, mind you), I can see that it has gotten to people´s nerves to try to have a conversation with people who keep saying that "this character is ****" etc (which is hardly criticism, bashing more like).

Edited by Rebamcfan

This also applies to those who like the new things though. I've seen called as madman and not a Star Wars-fan since they like new films and things. Which is ridiculous, we all love Star Wars, just have differing opinions in what we like.

It's sad that those with reasonable criticism get labeled immediately as haters and sexists, but after reading so many discussions where the tone is bad (not in these forums, mind you), I can see that it has gotten to people´s nerves to try to have a conversation with people who keep saying that "this character is ****" etc (which is hardly criticism, bashing more like).

yep, there really just isn't any room left it seems for calm reason or any real interest in simple conversation.

People are so concerned about convincing everyone else of the One True Understanding of the Universe, they totally miss out on the simple enjoyment of sharing opinions.

People can say what they want and sure there are some that might even like TFA and TLJ. But you can't deny how many plot holes both movies have and how they are trash, episode VIII not only ruins franchise,but doesn't even bother to follow episode VII.

But Disney already has planned movies for 2022, 2024 and 2026 for Star Wars. So whole 3 years of "big break" from Star Wars movies. If people were actually smart and not just go "I'm a SW fan will see every movie no matter what,because I'm SW fan" and send them message with episode IX....then they'll stop and think about quality. Now for them is just rolling out new movies. Do you want a-la Transformers 4,5 and 6 movies just in Star Wars. by that I mean trash movies. And why do they keep making Transformers? because they bring in money and money is all they care about.

Edited by Collec

You hear Luke talking about, how they passed on all knowledge (lol lol lol) to Rey and she still can't make her own lightsaber. She just uses some saber-clip to have Anakin's lightsaber whole again.

They show off Kylo killing some random dude in most idiotic way with lightsaber, trying to make him look cool..but he got rekt vs Rey 2x with no training in span of less than 10h. And then people freak out about helmet, like that helmet is something we should care about.

Lastly it's like "let the past die" thing , but let's bring everyone back because their movies suck and let's profit on nostalgie and **** all over SW. Why are people excited about Palpatine. First it'll ruin his character like it did every other old one. 2nd it's ruins Anakin's redemption. 3rd NO ONE WILL EVER FKING DIE. Get thrown down into reactor and be blown apart with whole fking Death Star...no just walk away from it. Trash Phasma never dies...so why would Palpatine,right?

Title is crap and just bait to get people into cinemas. And here's the kicker...watch this video on YouTube :

(all the way back in 2012 !!!!)

Send them a message and boycott this turd. And let them buy tickets,like they did for Captain Marvel. Watch Clone Wars when they come out and give Mandalorian a chance, but wait till episode IX is on net do dl or till it hits tv. You won't miss much and since money is all they care about, MAKE episode IX WORST box office bomb in history of SW !!!

Good luck with your boycott, you utter moron. Honestly, get a *********** life, getting THIS bent out of shape over a *********** star wars movie? an adventure movie made for KIDS? Count yourself lucky that you don't have any REAL problems.

Edited by AarenJ

You hear Luke talking about, how they passed on all knowledge (lol lol lol) to Rey and she still can't make her own lightsaber. She just uses some saber-clip to have Anakin's lightsaber whole again.

They show off Kylo killing some random dude in most idiotic way with lightsaber, trying to make him look cool..but he got rekt vs Rey 2x with no training in span of less than 10h. And then people freak out about helmet, like that helmet is something we should care about.

Lastly it's like "let the past die" thing , but let's bring everyone back because their movies suck and let's profit on nostalgie and **** all over SW. Why are people excited about Palpatine. First it'll ruin his character like it did every other old one. 2nd it's ruins Anakin's redemption. 3rd NO ONE WILL EVER FKING DIE. Get thrown down into reactor and be blown apart with whole fking Death Star...no just walk away from it. Trash Phasma never dies...so why would Palpatine,right?

Title is crap and just bait to get people into cinemas. And here's the kicker...watch this video on YouTube :

(all the way back in 2012 !!!!)

Send them a message and boycott this turd. And let them buy tickets,like they did for Captain Marvel. Watch Clone Wars when they come out and give Mandalorian a chance, but wait till episode IX is on net do dl or till it hits tv. You won't miss much and since money is all they care about, MAKE episode IX WORST box office bomb in history of SW !!!

So that is a huge crock. I know a few things I can't say, but what I can say - is that video, including the reddit post, is fake as all hell.:rak_03:

Good luck with your boycott, you utter moron. Honestly, get a *********** life, getting THIS bent out of shape over a *********** star wars movie? an adventure movie made for KIDS? Count yourself lucky that you don't have any REAL problems.

It seems that it gets under your skin. No one asked you to read my thread. Go ahead and go see it in cinemas. And when it's gonna be trash, CONVINCE yourself that it wasn't. And then go see it for 2nd time, because 2nd must be better than 1st time viewing it.

And if can't think with your head, go to Rotten Tomatoes and see it's "90%+ " crit rating and then tell yourself "yeah this sequel trilogy as whole was great and episode IX was the best" . Good luck.

So that is a huge crock. I know a few things I can't say, but what I can say - is that video, including the reddit post, is fake as all hell.:rak_03:

I also know few things I won't say here, but I never said that from that YouTub video everything will come true.I just added that, where it shows general premise of what will possibly happen. No one is forced to click that link or take it as 100% fact. But title was spot on and the Emperor thing also. Main thing I wanted people to see with that video is start of it, where it shows title of it and emperor thing...

Saying anything sensible in a normal voice is hard when there's a group screaming about "a global SJW anti-male anti-white anti-hetero conspiracy" and other assorted nonsense. How anyone could think TLJ was about "oppressing men" when Holdo and Leia both fail as commanders is beyond me, but I guess some people will always see the agenda they want to see in a movie.

And as mentioned, they scream so loud that sensible criticism is ignored at best or lumped in with them at worst.

I'm not one for boycotts but Solo was the first ever SW movie I missed in cinemas. TLJ left such a bad taste I just wasn't feeling it. However I'll go watch E9 for sure, once.

But Disney has to get their head out of their posteriors in regards to what they do with the franchise next.

I cant facepalm enough that some people are still on about "brand fatigue"... Endgame is the 5th MCU movie in less than 18 months since Black Panther in January 2018 and it's smashing box office records. SW done goofed bad with the sequel trilogy, that's pretty much obvious now.