Episode IX trailer is trash and here's you should get off hype train and boycott it

Collec

You hear Luke talking about, how they passed on all knowledge (lol lol lol) to Rey and she still can't make her own lightsaber. She just uses some saber-clip to have Anakin's lightsaber whole again.

They show off Kylo killing some random dude in most idiotic way with lightsaber, trying to make him look cool..but he got rekt vs Rey 2x with no training in span of less than 10h. And then people freak out about helmet, like that helmet is something we should care about.

Lastly it's like "let the past die" thing , but let's bring everyone back because their movies suck and let's profit on nostalgie and **** all over SW. Why are people excited about Palpatine. First it'll ruin his character like it did every other old one. 2nd it's ruins Anakin's redemption. 3rd NO ONE WILL EVER FKING DIE. Get thrown down into reactor and be blown apart with whole fking Death Star...no just walk away from it. Trash Phasma never dies...so why would Palpatine,right?

Title is crap and just bait to get people into cinemas. And here's the kicker...watch this video on YouTube :

(all the way back in 2012 !!!!)

Send them a message and boycott this turd. And let them buy tickets,like they did for Captain Marvel. Watch Clone Wars when they come out and give Mandalorian a chance, but wait till episode IX is on net do dl or till it hits tv. You won't miss much and since money is all they care about, MAKE episode IX WORST box office bomb in history of SW !!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the "Palpatine can't be alive!" cries from people that support Darth Maul being cut in half and dropped down a tube and somehow still surviving.

I hated Maul being alive. Same with bringing back Malgus and Revan (skipped whole expansion Shadow of Revan when it came out).

I absolutely love the "Palpatine can't be alive!" cries from people that support Darth Maul being cut in half and dropped down a tube and somehow still surviving.

What I don't get about this is, why do people assume he even is alive? Especially considering most of the trailer was narrated by a disembodied spirit...

It's not like it unprecedented in Star Wars lore.

lol fair point...although I think people really wanted Maul to be alive because he was, for most fans (esp. those trying like hell to find value in Episode I :rak_tongue: ) a really intriguing and visually striking character that was more or less wasted in the movie (he killed Qui-Gon and...that's it). Meanwhile, Palpatine had a good arc through both the OT and PT, being the driving force behind major plot points and probably the best-written character in the PT, and we got to see plenty of him, so bringing him back doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than as nostalgia bait.

Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, respawning Palps undermines the significance of Vader's redemption in RotJ. IMHO it was a terrible idea in Dark Empire (among several others...god I hated Dark Empire) and hasn't gotten better with age, except as a ploy to lure back middle-aged dudes who saw the OT in theaters and want to feel like teens again.

Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, respawning Palps undermines the significance of Vader's redemption in RotJ. IMHO it was a terrible idea in Dark Empire (among several others...god I hated Dark Empire) and hasn't gotten better with age, except as a ploy to lure back middle-aged dudes who saw the OT in theaters and want to feel like teens again.

How so? Vader sacrificed himself for his son to be alive, without that sacrifice Luke would've been killed. The rebelllion would've lost due to Sidious' sith battle meditation and unless somehow Leia managed to become a Jedi and defeat the Emperor, and kill or redeem her father the galaxy would've been thrown in darkness as opposed to slowly turn to the light. Vader's sacrifice was what allowed the New Republic to even exist, and the New Jedi Order to rise thanks to Luke. I'd say his sacrifice is still very important.

You hear Luke talking about, how they passed on all knowledge (lol lol lol) to Rey and she still can't make her own lightsaber. She just uses some saber-clip to have Anakin's lightsaber whole again.

They show off Kylo killing some random dude in most idiotic way with lightsaber, trying to make him look cool..but he got rekt vs Rey 2x with no training in span of less than 10h. And then people freak out about helmet, like that helmet is something we should care about.

Lastly it's like "let the past die" thing , but let's bring everyone back because their movies suck and let's profit on nostalgie and **** all over SW. Why are people excited about Palpatine. First it'll ruin his character like it did every other old one. 2nd it's ruins Anakin's redemption. 3rd NO ONE WILL EVER FKING DIE. Get thrown down into reactor and be blown apart with whole fking Death Star...no just walk away from it. Trash Phasma never dies...so why would Palpatine,right?

Title is crap and just bait to get people into cinemas. And here's the kicker...watch this video on YouTube :

(all the way back in 2012 !!!!)

Send them a message and boycott this turd. And let them buy tickets,like they did for Captain Marvel. Watch Clone Wars when they come out and give Mandalorian a chance, but wait till episode IX is on net do dl or till it hits tv. You won't miss much and since money is all they care about, MAKE episode IX WORST box office bomb in history of SW !!!

I have no intention of watching this crap. I tried TFA and only got a half hour into it before I shut it off. Tried TLJ and it was awful, too. I won't try 9. disneywars is garbage.

Dude... I think it's time to cut dowm on the amount of medicine....

It's not that bad. I do question the logic of the Tie pilot using his figher to ram Rey though.

The scene is actually reversed... It's Rey that is trying to lure Kylo (It's his personal TIE) to follow, and then attacks the ship

I’m fully on the hype train and spreading the word of this movie, actually. It looks amazing.

Good for you...people are already calling out JJ on that first teaser trailer scene...it is shot for shot same as man vs aeroplane from 1940's or 1950's. I don't know the name of movie,but I saw clip on Youtube and it's the same.

Same as episode VII was turd remake of New Hope and here's proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oeaixkj0ec

Not a huge fan of the new movies, but I'll watch it because it's Star Wars.

PS - In all honesty, has there even been a good SW movie since Empire Strikes Back? The teddy bears kill RotJ for me.

This what they are banking on...because it's STAR WARS, we'll give it a pass,watch it,etc etc.

And yes there have been great Star Wars movies. Episode I, II and III...hell I even enjoyed Rogue One and Solo. Sure RotJ is silly with ewoks, but ti's still great Star Wars movie.

Edited by Collec

How so? Vader sacrificed himself for his son to be alive, without that sacrifice Luke would've been killed. The rebelllion would've lost due to Sidious' sith battle meditation and unless somehow Leia managed to become a Jedi and defeat the Emperor, and kill or redeem her father the galaxy would've been thrown in darkness as opposed to slowly turn to the light. Vader's sacrifice was what allowed the New Republic to even exist, and the New Jedi Order to rise thanks to Luke. I'd say his sacrifice is still very important.

Luke only threw lightsaber away because of his father to save him...to redeem him. And George said,that Anakin was Chosen One. And that he fullfilled that prophecy when he threw Palpy down the reactor. And that he was dead.

If you go down with this "what if"..then even if Leia would've killed Palpy at some point, they could bring him back again in next trilogy or whereever they wanted.

WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE TO KILL SOMEONE AND FOR THEM TO STAY DEAD?? Maul cut in half and thrown down..survives...Malgus also beaten and thrown down..survives. Revan survived, turd Phasma,etc etc etc.

There are no real stakes here,if everyone just gonna survive. Doesn't matter if they "walk away from it" or badly injured.

WHAT IS IT GONNA TAKE TO KILL SOMEONE AND FOR THEM TO STAY DEAD?? Maul cut in half and thrown down..survives...Malgus also beaten and thrown down..survives. Revan survived, turd Phasma,etc etc etc.

There are no real stakes here,if everyone just gonna survive. Doesn't matter if they "walk away from it" or badly injured.

Regarding these: Maul survived due his immense hatred for Obi-Wan, something that gave him will to live and go beyond for years to come while plotting vengeance. Tells a lot about his character if hating someone keeps you alive.

Malgus, we do not yet know how he survived from the explosion (the deleted segment from the trailer for Fallen Empire showed him being presented carbon-frozen to Valkorion by Arcann and Thexan.) His new Codex entry hints that Acina might have had something to do with it, given her being the head of Sphere of Technology in Dark Council.

And with Revan, his personality split in two which resulted his darker self manifestating itself in flesh before the dark and light parts joined on Yavin 4 again.

Phasma is dead, at least looking at Wookieepedia page which states that she died aboard Supremacy after the duel against Finn when she fell down.

Oh I know how they "survived" and I call ******** on all of them. As much as I love Dave Filloni and Clone Wars, I always hated Maul being alive. And I don't care,if they brought him back in comis first. No matter the medium, getting cut in half and bounce from wall to wall I don't know, how far down,but pretty deep should = dead. Because then you just say...Qui-gon died from a simple stab wound., what a noob.

Maglus cool in trailers, completly ignored in game till end..waste of character..no redemption possible whatever he does next. Not sure,but I think at the end of False Emperor that station blows up. Even if it didn't, Malgus should just be dead.

Revan = cash cow and that is the only reason he's alive (or was,but is he really gone now??? )

Phasma I don't care,it was trash character, who did nothing in both movies.

It's either recycle old ****,because no new fresh ideas or cash cow $$ eyes. And they can't even edit movie properly with her..one moment she gets knocked back,next she has blaster in her hand will full group behind her..even though she was not even close to those doors.

I'll watch episode IX,just not in cinemas. The Last Jedi was the last Star Wars movie I saw in cinemas. Solo i just watched at home. And look what happened after Solo bombed. They hit breaks on Star Wars movies and they might actually put out something with quality later down the line. This is what we must also do with episode IX, so they get the fking message.

Edited by Collec

The Palpatine laugh and Lando Calrissian got me a little excited... then I heard some of the repulsively awful possible spoilers, remembered that the only heroes we had were Rey, Finn, and Poe (the three blank slates), and that our main "villains" consisted of Bill Weasley (of whom is far more likable, but sadly relegated to ineffectual comedy relief) and a snotty little brat with no real threat or presence.

Yeah, that's a *********** streamer. Not worth the ticket price.

Edited by Driasol

You're right, it is still important. I don't mean that Vader's sacrifice is completely pointless if Palpatine comes back, but what makes it especially meaningful in the original trilogy is that he finally ends the Sith threat to the galaxy like everybody in the Jedi Council assumed he would back in the prequel trilogy. If Palpatine can just pop back up a few years down the road, then Vader never really ended that Sith era. Still saved Luke, still saved the New Republic, but didn't do what he was "destined" to do. There's not as much closure to his story if his biggest (positive) accomplishment can be easily undone for the sake of a sequel.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a whole page of comments between FlameYOL's post and mine; added quote to clarify what I'm responding to. Whoops.

Edited by OBBSWG
Clarity

As much as it intrigued me to see Palpatine return, this will definitely destroy Anakin Skywalker's whole redemption arc if Palpatine is fully resurrected. To me, this was a desperate attempt to bring back fans that they lost with The Last Jedi.

And honestly, I did not like The Last Jedi, but they should've just continued with the direction of that story with Kylo Ren as the main villain as the new Supreme Leader. But, if Palpatine is back, it seems like they're rewriting the events that Rian Johnson set forth in Episode 8.

Really, this sequel trilogy seems like there was no planning put forth into it. There's no clear beginning, middle, and end. Each episode feels like it's been rewritten by different authors. It boggles me how the biggest IP in movie history was handled in this way. And now it's no longer the biggest IP I would say. That title belongs to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and rightly so.

I am lightyears more excited for Endgame than anything related to Star Wars sequel trilogy. Because Kevin Feige and everyone at Marvel actually took the time to PLAN for ten years up until Infinity War. And now everything feels like a massive payoff. Disney Star Wars should take some notes.

Really, this sequel trilogy seems like there was no planning put forth into it. There's no clear beginning, middle, and end. Each episode feels like it's been rewritten by different authors. .

That's because it was. Episode VIII not only ruined franchise, but it didn't even bother to follow episode VII: Next trailer they put out,it'll probably just show more of Luke,Leia,Lando, because no one cares about their "heroes".

As some people said, I will watch it (once) cause its Star Wars. I still have the old movies on VHS and those are the true masterpieces, I also have episodes 1-3 on DVD cause I did like them to a certain extent as they explained the story (but Episode 3 could have been better). Those movies are worth to keep cause they are material that you could watch over and over.

What we have now are onetime flicks. Its just like content in swtor that you play through once and move on. Episode 7 was a copy of episode 4, thats when we realized that these movies are made just to make money, not to really continue the legacy. Episode 8 messed things up completely and I wonder what Episode 9 will bring. Thats the only reason I will actually watch it, to see the plot, but that is it.

OH! and the solo movies like Rogue One and Solo are really really good! They are much better than the main new trilogy!

Edited by merovejec