So I take it cybertech is the way to go?

halueryphi

So I'm pretty poor right now (100k on my main char) And I'm trying to do slicing and synth, but it seems like neither of them make any money unless you're lucky. So I guess what I'm asking is, should I get cybertech over synthweaving, or are there better crew skills for money?

It really depends on how you play and how you want to make money. I perfer to run Qt-9 parts (55 green droid parts) on my cybertech, RE for aug components, stack and sell. While doing that run weeklys, buy Vial's of isotope 5 and sell that. Combine those two with credits from raids/fps and selling some items from CM packs I make ok money. Its more of a slow and steady method, but I would geuss AROUND 1 million a week.

Other methods make more money faster, but come from the endgame mods, armorings barrels and hilts. You make more money, but you have to start off with more to buy mats for those. My advice, farm up a couple million while collecting the schematic for the endgame modifications and then start buying up mats and selling.

Honestly, any craft can make money. You just need to get the right schematics. Most of them the gear they make is a hard sell, but the augments tend to go really nice. Depends mainly on your server's market. Sometimes low level stuff sells better then high level stuff, less competition / undercutting. Some augments I am able to unload green versions of for 15k a pop. To lazy to reverse engineer at this point, could make a lot more money if I sold blue / purple versions I am sure. Some orange gear / weapons sell pretty nice as well, again depends on your market.

Cybertech and Biochem seems like everyone's to go method of credit making, but they are also the most flooded and pain in the butt market to compete in! If you like playing the hourly undercut game, by all means, go for it...

I have 450 in every single craft, the market might bomb 1 day on that crafts items, I then swap to the next or I just harvest instead and sell the raw materials, which sometimes sell for more then the crafted items!!! Good way to keep from working to hard for credits :D

Honestly, any craft can make money. You just need to get the right schematics. Most of them the gear they make is a hard sell, but the augments tend to go really nice. Depends mainly on your server's market. Sometimes low level stuff sells better then high level stuff, less competition / undercutting. Some augments I am able to unload green versions of for 15k a pop. To lazy to reverse engineer at this point, could make a lot more money if I sold blue / purple versions I am sure. Some orange gear / weapons sell pretty nice as well, again depends on your market.

Cybertech and Biochem seems like everyone's to go method of credit making, but they are also the most flooded and pain in the butt market to compete in! If you like playing the hourly undercut game, by all means, go for it...

I have 450 in every single craft, the market might bomb 1 day on that crafts items, I then swap to the next or I just harvest instead and sell the raw materials, which sometimes sell for more then the crafted items!!! Good way to keep from working to hard for credits :D

This. If you are looking to improve your GTN money making ability, check out my guide at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=731849

So I'm pretty poor right now (100k on my main char) And I'm trying to do slicing and synth, but it seems like neither of them make any money unless you're lucky. So I guess what I'm asking is, should I get cybertech over synthweaving, or are there better crew skills for money?

Making augment kits with synthweaveing is pretty steady income. You can buy the parts on the gtn craft the kit and still make a little money. Although it's way better if you have alts gathering all the in materials involved and doing it all internally.

Out of all my crafters (450 in all crafts) my synthweaver is my second biggest moneymaker (behind the cybertech). And probably my biggest money saver not having to buy mk-9 augment kits.