If you could put a new dark council in place....

errant_knight

Who would they be? SWTOR characters only, and you have the ability to bring the recent dead back to life. Consider the Sphere of ancient knowledge unavailable since

it's filled by Darth Nox/Imperius.

All npcs that appear or are mentioned in game are available. Avoid the temptation to fill the council with your characters. ;) The choices must be logical. ie. While you could forgive percieved crimes against the empire and put Lord Scourge on your council, you can't put Revan, given his state of mind. The remaining spheres are:

Sphere of Biotic Science

Sphere of Defense of the Empire

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence

Sphere of Laws and Justice

Sphere of Military Offense

Sphere of Military Strategy

Sphere of Mysteries

Sphere of Production and Logistics

Sphere of Sith Philosophy

Sphere of Technology

About the spheres:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spheres_of_Influence

Edited by errant_knight

Defence of the Empire/Leader: Darth Marr

Military Offense: Darth Baras

Military Strategy: Darth Malgus

Imperial Intelligence: Darth Jadus

Production and Logistics: Darth Vowrawn

Laws and Justice: Darth Mortis

Ancient Knowledge: Darth Nox

Science & Technology: Darth Mekhis

Expansion and Diplomacy: Darth Serevin

That would be my list. The rest of the seats are superfluous and can be rid off.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm going to do something different. I know that the whole point of the dark council was to create a system which meant that no one sith could be too powerful, because their powers overlapped and they were constantly fighting amongst each other, and so by the bureaucracy the emperor could sleep easy safe in the knowledge that nobody was ever going to threaten him. However, I'm going to work under the assumption that the Dark Council is simply designed to be an efficient government body. Therefore, I'm going to merge several spheres to decrease overlap and trim down bureaucracy, leaving only a small "dream team" of the very best Sith to govern what's left. Of course, to make it efficient it has to be sustainable, meaning I still won't give one seat way too much power, but it will not be designed to safeguard the interests of a third party.

Sphere of Defence of the Empire

Has the final say on any matter than involves protecting the integrity of the empire; in this manner its power extends somewhat into Intelligence and Justice, as it must work with both of these to fulfill its mandate. It's basically there to check the authority of Intelligence, Offense and Justice, making sure that the protection of the Empire itself comes before everything else.

Head: Decimus; he’s got a good military mind. He would have got expansion and diplomacy, but he’s not as good as the other candidate.

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy [includes former Sphere of Military Strategy]

Responsible for the external affairs of the Empire and setting foreign policy. Advises the spheres of Defence and Offense and the Sphere of Production and Logisitcs.

Head: Marr gets this one; I like him in defence, but this is in my mind the biggest and most important sphere and it needs the best man on the council. This sphere needs to glue the entire military together and Marr’s the only man for the job. (Kallig would probably be equally as good, especially if he becomes Imperius rather than Nox, but he is also by far the best pick for ancient knowledge.)

Does what is says on the tin.

Head: Jadus; I haven't played the agent, but everybody seems to like him.

Sphere of Laws and Justice [includes former Sphere of Sith Philosophy]

Responsible for setting and enforcing laws, distributing propaganda and ensuring loyalty, as well as safeguarding the integrity of the order and the dark side. Commands the Sith Inquisitors, whose duty it is to ensure loyalty within the Sith Order.

Head: Mortis; Again, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Mortis seems to be the right man for the job.

Head: Malgus; While he would likely provide a slightly unbalanced strategy with his headstrong behavior, his commitment to offensive tactics in general would make him a good pick here. Also--crucially--he has experience with offensive campaigns, such as the Sacking of Coruscant and the Battle of Alderaan.

Sphere of Ancient Knowledge [includes former Sphere of Mysteries]

Responsible for keeping and studying the knowledge of the Sith.

Head: Nox, duh.

Sphere of Production and Logistics [includes former Sphere of Technology, Sphere of Biotic Science]

Responsible for the production of goods and technology.

Head: Vowrawn, maybe? I kind of like him... I can't think of anyone particularly suited to this role.

Edited by Nerdymidgetkid

I can see most of that, but why Baras? Just curious :)
His former master Darth Vengean once held that position, and he himself masterminded Plan Zero. Baras sees the bigger picture, and unlike other candidates is not a mindless brute. In this respect I though military strategy, which is the micro to Military Offense's macro, was more suited to the tactical mind of Malgus, who is more of a front-line strategist.

I feel Marr is bested suited to Defense of the Empire, because its very much a leadership role. The term itself is pretty vague and therefore flexible the concept of the Empire's defense effectively overlaps onto all other spheres which are somehow involved, and altogether as being the sphere that controls the very integrity of the Empire is most important.

Decimus didn't strike me as "dream team" material, he did after all lose the Battle of Corellia

Interesting responses!

Here's mine:

Sphere of Biotic Science--Darth Scotia

Sphere of Defense of the Empire--Darth Marr

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy--Darth Serevin

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence--Darth Jadus

Sphere of Laws and Justice---Darth Mortis

Sphere of Military Offense--Darth Malgus

Sphere of Military Strategy--Darth Decimus

Sphere of Mysteries--Darth Rictus (since I'm not clear what this is, it's hard to pick another or know how suitable he is for 'my' council)

Sphere of Production and Logistics--Darth Vowron

Sphere of Sith Philosophy--Lord Scourge (he'd get a promotion, of course ;) )

Sphere of Technology--Darth Karrid

I tend not to judge Decimus on Corellia since it was player characters who defeated him. No one can win against our uber selves, lol.

This was an attempt to create a forward-thinking council who would be at least somewhat open to implementing a certain amount of reform.

Edited by errant_knight

I feel Marr is bested suited to Defense of the Empire, because its very much a leadership role. The term itself is pretty vague and therefore flexible the concept of the Empire's defense effectively overlaps onto all other spheres which are somehow involved, and altogether as being the sphere that controls the very integrity of the Empire is most important.

Decimus didn't strike me as "dream team" material, he did after all lose the Battle of Corellia

Yes, I agree that Defense is more a leadership role than the other spheres, but since I created another sphere which basically has to tie together all the rest of the military, I put him there instead. Somebody like Marr--who is along with Imperius (maybe not Nox) is clearly the best Sith around for leadership needs to be able to oversee the others as much as possible.

His former master Darth Vengean once held that position, and he himself masterminded Plan Zero. Baras sees the bigger picture, and unlike other candidates is not a mindless brute. In this respect I though military strategy, which is the micro to Military Offense's macro, was more suited to the tactical mind of Malgus, who is more of a front-line strategist.

I didn't include Baras because like Thanaton he's entirely self-interested. Everything Baras ever does will be for Baras. Yes he masterminded plan zero....so that he could take over the Galaxy....

He is the polar opposite of Marr, who seems to be about as light sided as a sith can get (something similar to Imperius, I think) as he seems to be primarily interested in the well-being of the Empire.

I don't think Marr is so much lightsided as rational. I'm pretty sure he'd wipe out a planet if it would win the war. He just wouldn't do it without having an reason other than revenge, etc. But then, that could be said about many republic generals, too, I suspect.

• 2 weeks later...
Who would they be? SWTOR characters only, and you have the ability to bring the recent dead back to life. Consider the Sphere of ancient knowledge unavailable since

it's filled by Darth Nox/Imperius.

All npcs that appear or are mentioned in game are available. Avoid the temptation to fill the council with your characters. ;) The choices must be logical. ie. While you could forgive percieved crimes against the empire and put Lord Scourge on your council, you can't put Revan, given his state of mind. The remaining spheres are:

Sphere of Biotic Science

Sphere of Defense of the Empire

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy

Sphere of Laws and Justice

Sphere of Military Strategy

Sphere of Mysteries

Sphere of Production and Logistics

Sphere of Sith Philosophy

Sphere of Technology

About the spheres:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spheres_of_Influence

you forgot /oculus

I mixed any spheres that I thought would be well-held by the same person or probably fall under the same category.

Sphere of Biotic Science/Sphere of Technology: Hmmm.... Skotia or Zash. (both have a very healthy respect and pretty good amount of knowledge of technology)

Sphere of Defense of the Empire/Sphere of Military Offense: Marr or Decimus (not totally sure.... the two most sane Sith in the game....

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy: Baras or Malgus

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence/Sphere of Military Strategy: Jadus

Sphere of Laws and Justice: LS Wrath

Sphere of Production and Logistics: Malgus

Sphere of Sith Philosophy/Sphere of Mysteries/Ancient Knowledge: Nox/Occulus

Lets see...

Sphere of Biotic Science - Dr. Eckard Lokin found just the sphere to put his humble skills to use.

Sphere of Defense of the Empire - lets put current Minister of Intelligence here.

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy - Vector Hyllus.

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence - the current Keeper, former Watcher Two.

Sphere of Military Offense - Kaliyo D'jannis is our woman. Provided nobody allows her near the strategy thing.

Sphere of Mysteries - Talos Drellik at your service.

Sphere of Production and Logistics, Sphere of Military Strategy, Sphere of Laws and Justice combined should be assigned to SCORPIO, because those were seriously neglected spheres (esp. Military Strategy) and absolutely requires a supercomputer to sort through the mess.

Sphere of Sith Philosophy - I was thinking Lord Silthar fom Tattooine who was the proof that you don't need to be a raging arsehole with IQ in negative numbers to be a Sith, but alas, he is dead. So Khem Val. He is big on the subject.

Sphere of Technology - Blizz, absolutely.

Oh, and no Sith allowed. Otherwise Empire is doomed.

Lets see...

Sphere of Biotic Science - Dr. Eckard Lokin found just the sphere to put his humble skills to use.

Sphere of Defense of the Empire - lets put current Minister of Intelligence here.

Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy - Vector Hyllus.

Sphere of Imperial Intelligence - the current Keeper, former Watcher Two.

Sphere of Military Offense - Kaliyo D'jannis is our woman. Provided nobody allows her near the strategy thing.

Sphere of Mysteries - Talos Drellik at your service.

Sphere of Production and Logistics, Sphere of Military Strategy, Sphere of Laws and Justice combined should be assigned to SCORPIO, because those were seriously neglected spheres (esp. Military Strategy) and absolutely requires a supercomputer to sort through the mess.

Sphere of Sith Philosophy - I was thinking Lord Silthar fom Tattooine who was the proof that you don't need to be a raging arsehole with IQ in negative numbers to be a Sith, but alas, he is dead. So Khem Val. He is big on the subject.

Sphere of Technology - Blizz, absolutely.

Oh, and no Sith allowed. Otherwise Empire is doomed.

LOL! This man has sense. :D