Hottest Star Wars character of all time!

bahugboto

Priest, have you READ the Legacy comics? If you have, you'd know that Darth Talon is actually a pretty interesting, fleshed-out character, and not just a busty red Twi'lek in skimpy black leather.

Don't get me wrong, Mara Jade is a fantastic character, but writing Darth Talon off as "just" fanservice just because of her costume is poor judgement.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priest, have you READ the Legacy comics? If you have, you'd know that Darth Talon is actually a pretty interesting, fleshed-out character, and not just a busty red Twi'lek in skimpy black leather.

Don't get me wrong, Mara Jade is a fantastic character, but writing Darth Talon off as "just" fanservice just because of her costume is poor judgement.

Yeah, but she still doesn't stand out to me. Here's my proof of concept.

Put Mara Jade in a black leather loin-cloth; side by side with Darth Talon.

Who wins?

They are BOTH awesome characters in their own way.

Mara is (in a way) an abused young woman who comes to terms with her past and moves on to build a real future for herself and those around her.

Darth Talon is a consummate Sith, loyal to her Master, ready to do anything to benefit the One Sith, extremely powerful, a skilled combatant, capable of great violence, but not the rampaging sociopath lunatic some Sith turn out to be.

For research purposes, and to refresh my memory, I have reviewed all the female candidates mentioned.

Academically it is a close contest. For example, Talon has those great handlebars/reins, and Leia's gold bikini is the original (and some would say best) look for a slavegirl, and even the redhead BH from the TOR trailers gets a mention.

So... I have spent at least ten minutes concluding...

In my professional opinion, with all the weight that it carries, is that if any of them asked nicely, of course it would be terribly rude not to.

But if I was *forced* to endure any amount of time stuck with them naked in a zero gravity confined space then I would go for Mara.

P.S. there is even some feisty Imperial bird on the Black Talon that I swear gives me the eye every time I see her... you know, the one with the huge smile... she would make the list.

Edited by Loyal_Viggo

They are BOTH awesome characters in their own way.

Mara is (in a way) an abused young woman who comes to terms with her past and moves on to build a real future for herself and those around her.

Darth Talon is a consummate Sith, loyal to her Master, ready to do anything to benefit the One Sith, extremely powerful, a skilled combatant, capable of great violence, but not the rampaging sociopath lunatic some Sith turn out to be.

hmmm....

So she's a confident, yet submissive busty twi'lek in black leather who enjoys causing pain? If THAT'S not Fanservice, then I don't know what is.

hmmm....

So she's a confident, yet submissive busty twi'lek in black leather who enjoys causing pain? If THAT'S not Fanservice, then I don't know what is.

I never said "submissive," I said "loyal." Big difference.

And in any event, if all you can do is twist everyone's opinions inside out until they say what you want them say instead of what they actually mean, there's no point in attempting to discuss anything further with you.

Edited by ErikModi

I never said "submissive," I said "loyal." Big difference.

And in any event, if all you can do is twist everyone's opinions inside out until they say what you want them say instead of what they actually mean, there's no point in attempting to discuss anything further with you.

You deserve an explaination of what I mean.

I would not describe her has being loyal, because loyalty implies the ability to be able to choose anything but. Her unfailing, unquestioning devotion to the One Sith and Darth Krayt; her disreguard for her own life in service to that of her master are not positive traits. She is a pawn. a tool. Her will is that of her master, and her presentation in the mythos of the story shows her to be thus. She isn't loyal. She is submissive. She's a tool and a weapon. Nothing more.

Furthermore she is a static character. She doesn't grow or learn independently. She doesn't master her own destiny. She is subservent to Krayt, and will always be so. Plus, she is drawn specifically to accentuate her sexuality. So everything I have said is true.

She is a submissive, static, busty, characature of an S&M fantasy, and is specifically designed to be so.

This is why she can't even hold a candle to Mara Jade.

You are so wrong.

Talon is not "submissive." She is loyal to the One Sith, which a trait Krayt cultivated in his Sith to improve upon the failings of previous Sith Orders. Within what the One Sith were meant to be, Darth Talon is the paragon. Yes, she is Krayt's "Hand," but all that makes her is his most trusted operative. Look at what happens after Krayt is "killed." Watch how Talon reacts to the new and carries out what she believes would have been Krayt's will, irrespective of what others would have her do. She exhibits a strength of will and character that more Sith *cough*Wyyrlock*cough* could learn from. She is the best of Krayt's Sith Order.

That you refuse to admit the character has merit tells me that all you care about is lobbying Mara Jade and tearing down any character who threatens here. But this isn't a competition, Mara Jade doesn't have to die for Darth Talon to live (except, you know, literally, what with Legacy taking place 150 years after ANH.) One can enjoy both characters for what they are, and the unique traits they bring to their respective stories, and the unique journey each character goes on.

Don't turn this into a "Team Mara/Team Talon" debate. It quite simply does not need to devolve to that level.

You are so wrong.

Talon is not "submissive." She is loyal to the One Sith, which a trait Krayt cultivated in his Sith to improve upon the failings of previous Sith Orders. Within what the One Sith were meant to be, Darth Talon is the paragon. Yes, she is Krayt's "Hand," but all that makes her is his most trusted operative. Look at what happens after Krayt is "killed." Watch how Talon reacts to the new and carries out what she believes would have been Krayt's will, irrespective of what others would have her do. She exhibits a strength of will and character that more Sith *cough*Wyyrlock*cough* could learn from. She is the best of Krayt's Sith Order.

That you refuse to admit the character has merit tells me that all you care about is lobbying Mara Jade and tearing down any character who threatens here. But this isn't a competition, Mara Jade doesn't have to die for Darth Talon to live (except, you know, literally, what with Legacy taking place 150 years after ANH.) One can enjoy both characters for what they are, and the unique traits they bring to their respective stories, and the unique journey each character goes on.

Don't turn this into a "Team Mara/Team Talon" debate. It quite simply does not need to devolve to that level.

I had an ultra long response, but it's not worth it; so I'll just bow out...but forgive a parthian shot.

Being good at what you do does not equal a dynamic character. Her sole purpose is to carry out the will of her master...and she is good at that. Ask yourself- does that really equal loyalty? Loyalty isn't blind devotion; it is knowing all the facts and choosing to follow another. Does Talon really have a choice? Does she ever question the One Sith, or Krayt's will? His wish is litterally his command. She would cut her own heart out if he commanded it.

These are not positive traits. Talon is a tragic and static character. She lacks the ability of judgement, reason, or informed action. Krayt orders, she moves. And she is good at it. She is the archeotype of submissive, because she never, ever questions her orders. She lives soley to please her master's will. That's not loyalty...that's slavery.

Edited by priest