Something needs to be done ALREADY

So run the flashpoint again until you get what you want. If you happen to out-level the usefulness of the items while doing so, entirely possible this early, then you didn't really need the item in the first place...

This pattern describes your entire play experience until you start raiding with a guild or permanent group.

Get used to it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it would be helpful.

I once got a loot in a group where there was an earpiece, i forgot i had some earpiece so i figured - i don't have anything on that slot, i need it. After that one guy got pissed since it was +aim earpiece (didn't notice during rush in a group) and he was bh (i was assassin).

To be honest it sucked both for him and me since I didn't really need it once i took a look at it.

Unnecessary conflict, that could be avoided.

Then again people have and will have alts that could use those items.

Still I guess classess that can use item in group should have a priority when they select need.

OP are you saying you had 5 people in a flashpoint?

I think this thread is a fabrication.

"me, an assassin(describing me as with the rest of the statement about losing a sabre staff to said sorc), and three sorcerers" how is that 5?

Also, he needed everything, he didn't win. Also, the first blue drop was heavy armor boots... we told him he cannot use them, and to be more mindful (in a very respective way), but he never once spoke the entire FP. I guess i will replace what i have eventually, i just think this is something that needs to be looked at. I knew i'd get some troll posts, nice to see it's not as bad as some other mmo board i can name.

Edited by Melanie

Ok so let me get this striaght they started rolling need on everything correct and eventually won somethin you could of used? Right off the bad you could of said hey buddy why you rolling need on everything even stuff you cant use? Give him a chance to explain it and if he cant then drop group add another to replace him and start over. I am sure the other ppl in your group wernt to keen on him possibly looting stuff they can use.

Glad to hear you got rid of him. Sorry i didnt meen to sound rude i was just trying ot get the facts straight was all.

no problem, i am usually very easy going, and would run with my guild but none of them are in yet /sadsith :(

for some reason i was really fired up after that incident.

so you're saying EACH TIME he won?

i say lies. that's statistically impossible although plausible. however i've NEVER seen anybody win 3 rolls in a row.

Not lies if everyone else was being courteous and rolling greed.

I agree with the OP. I've always thought it would be a nice change in MMOs, if rolls prevented players from Needing on items not suited for their class, or otherwise unusable by them. They should be able to roll, just not Need. Having the Need option greyed out, or not present for some classes, during some rolls, would make things alot easier.

as i said, me ok i should have said ... me (an assassin) and three sorcerers.

I guess i thought in my mind it was obvious what i was saying.

Your sentence is pretty clear, not your problem people can't read :)

My advise would be to group only with BHs and IAs, you'll get absolutely no gear collisions with them and there is very little chance they will ninja lightsabers :)

how dare you complain about the game

this forum is for people complaining they cant get in game yet

:D

on topic but, is there a ML option? might be an idea to have some1 just quickly ML in more important flash points to save this issue till its adressed.

I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.

There was a great system in Warhammer Online for this sort of things. In WAR you can click "need" on drop only if you can use it.

it shold be implemented in SWTOR.

You say he couldn't use the stuff, and maybe that was or was not the case, but I'll tell you something you might want to think about. Unless you specify as group leader a specific loot policy beforehand, I reserve the right to need on anything my companions can use, which by later in the game when we all have multiple companions might be a lot of stuff, even stuff I can't personally use. This is especially true if I don't know you, and it's a pug. What do I care if you feel you have some "right" to something my companion can use? You < my companion, if I don't know you.

Bottom line: set your loot policy beforehand and communicate it clearly to the group, then if anyone runs afoul of it, boot them. If you do, they have no leg to stand on, you were clear upfront. If you DON'T, and they roll need on everything, YOU'VE got no leg to stand on. This will become more and more of an issue as people who have different ideas of what is fair and acceptable need rolling accumulate multiple companions in an MMO where equipable pets are a bigger part of gameplay than previous MMO's

Edited by HumanPirhana

I never played the beta, so let me ask:

Is there anthing in this game like "Bind on Pick up" or "Bind on Equip", so people coulnd need just for selling?

Yes, both are present, though BOP seems to be rare enough based upon beta that it's unlikely to help much with this sort of issue

I just came out of a Black Talon run, and it was me, an assassin, and three sorcerers. We had one guy who needed everything, granted i did eventually boot him, but it was til after he needed and won a sabra staff that would have been a nice big upgrade for me. I think the loot system needs to be smarter. I shouldn't be able to roll need on something i can never use.

I wonder if it's possible to fine tune that at all. It's a little ridiculous that anyone can need anything that the OTHER AC can need. At least until we can respec our ACS this needs to be changed.

I agree. This should be fixed and I'm sure it will. Other current MMOs have this sort of loot protection built in.

I do agree, it happened on Beta, I pee'd myself laughing!! I mean, it was beta!! :cool:

But you will get the typical 'WoW' kiddy attitude for a few weeks yet... when they realise, they don't get a Kung fu Ewok, they'll run back to WoW... *fingers crossed*

Seriously thought, it happens in jsut about any MMO I've played... If I spot a player needing on everything.. so do I... then if another player requires it, I trade it to them.. job done

You say he couldn't use the stuff, and maybe that was or was not the case, but I'll tell you something you might want to think about. Unless you specify as group leader a specific loot policy beforehand, I reserve the right to need on anything my companions can use

First of all there is no way a level 10-15 SS is ever going to be able to make any use of a 10-15 saberstaff it's not going to happen sorry, The only SS compainion that can even use a staff is the voss level one. This guy is either so stupid he doesn't know what he can and can't use or a straight up cross realm lfg ninja.

Secondly your companion is not you, I don't care how important you think your equipable pet is they can't be used in operations, they can't be used in pvp and hopefully they can't effectively be used in the 'proper' flashpoints.

I don't care what sort of silly metric people like you use to justify abusing BW's obviously lacking NbG system but frankly what you are doing is exactly the same as needing on an obvious upgrade for a character in the group because you can shard it and 'I can totally use enchants'.