PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

Someone mention they would never roll the servers back because it would be "unfair"?

I think a lot of people are complaining because most of us are still locked out while others can play.. sounds right and fair to me. O.o

Not that I care that much, didn't have much time to play today anyways even if I was chosen. Just sayin...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Thanks SR! We know you guys will handle this as delicately and as professionally as you guys always do. Keep up the great work!

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Thanks for the response. I'll edit an offending post I made :(

But really, it's good to see that Bioware is working on this. I have every confidence that you guys can suitably resolve what's going on.

Edited by mountains

Don't take this the wrong way, but you stated earlier that this was a known issue. If you are taking it seriously, wouldn't this have been #1 on the priority list to resolve?...i.e., "fixing" this ASAP?

Just a thought.

The best solution I can think of is to change the XP award from being a trigger at exit to being a calculation scaled to the time played in the warzone.

10 minutes played = 1000xp

1 minute played = 100xp

then regardless of how long theyre in there the xp awarded should be acceptable.

(I really shouldnt have to say this but from what ive seen on these forums...I should state those numbers are not actual numbers for xp just an example)

we been in beta and we know as well. it is not possible to hit level 25 in a 12 hours.

we as a playerbase don't care that people aren't 40 yet. we've seen people stream warzones where they play for 2 minutes then get 4k experience cause the warzone was underpopped. this has happened repeatedly. this is because you have artificially kept server pops below levels that allow for warzones to correctly balance themselves between the 2 factions. this is your fault for allowing easy xp to to players to do nothing but stay in warzone queues.

You seem to have misread Stephen's post entirely, my friend.

Yea. I totally misread the fact that the highest level character is *considerably* lower than level 30.

The highest I know of is about 20, and he's been playing the game normally. No warzones at all.

So shut up, thanks.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

There you have it besides EARLY access they get doubled XP also... and some more :)

we as a playerbase don't care that people aren't 40 yet. we've seen people stream warzones where they play for 2 minutes then get 4k experience cause the warzone was underpopped. this has happened repeatedly. this is because you have artificially kept server pops below levels that allow for warzones to correctly balance themselves between the 2 factions. this is your fault for allowing easy xp to to players to do nothing but stay in warzone queues.

Since when do you speak for the entire playerbase?

Speak for yourself. Anyone caught exploiting will certainly be dealt with accordinly in due time.

Funny how a DEV mess up is a player exploit.

Funny how people are being called exploiters because they want to queue up for PVP while questing. Then because we have too many servers the teams wind up unbalanced and then the match ends. Giving both sides EXP. So because BW messed up, we who love to PVP should not queue because this BUG made it through BETA?

How nice.

Also I've had 2/10 matches end early the rest actually played out with people joining mid-match.

So there like ya... its considerably lower then 30-40... anyone actually playing confirm real levels over 30+?

Edited by FMLDestroyer

A player sitting physically next to me is level 32 as of 2 minutes ago. He did most of it in a levelling group with people, and doing normal pvp, though he did notice weird mass dropping out of BGs.

While I cannot speak for the rest, there must be something wrong with the metrics of BW, because that should not have been possible. So either Mr. Reid has a problem with the data, or was mistaken.

Perhaps there is a problem with the tracking of levels/xp?

There are people over 30. I can SEE them.

Edited by Khaunshar

Don't take this the wrong way, but you stated earlier that this was a known issue. If you are taking it seriously, wouldn't this have been #1 on the priority list to resolve?...i.e., "fixing" this ASAP?

Just a thought.

this is the standard pr back pedaling and damage control spin job when they know there is a serious issue and no idea how to fix it atm. so the standard canned response is "it's not as serious as we initially thought, but we are closely monitoring the situation and will act appropriately."

this guy is nothing more than pr messenger boy. he has no power, remember the whole grace period fiasco ?

Just a thought.

I realize most of the comments I see like this are just people that have never dealt with computers and programming, but this isn't just some switch that you go in, find, and flip to fix all the problems. Sometimes you have to look through hundreds of lines of code to find 3 individual errors, sometimes you have to write new code or scripts to account for the dozens of possible scenarios that go into something as simple as just queuing for a warzone with 15 other people.

That's how a simple texture change on a glove sprouts 2 foot wings from your wrist.