Search Box that lets us SEARCH all of our toons...

TheHERC

Ok, we all know that Legacy Storage is upcoming.

However...

What I have wanted to see since Beta is a way to search across all my toons for a Particular Piece of Gear, or a crafting component with a result that says:

Rubat Crystal

• Toon 1; 10-Bay 2-row 5
  • Toon 2: 4- Bay 1-row 1
  • Toon 3 25-Inventory

Or even a wildcard search, such as:

Dynamic Slueth*

• Toon 1; Dynamic Slueth Mask x2 -Bay 3-row 1
  • Toon 2: Dynamic Slueth Pants x1- Bay 1-row 2
  • Toon 3 Dynamic Sleuth Boots x1 -Inventory

You get the picture. Since we have no addons, and no apparent feed that I am aware of to search all of your characters, I really think many Many people would appreciate this. Particularly with everyone buying 64-packs and getting multiple items.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!

Also, readers of this, please post a reply of some sort - I think this should really be given some consideration.

Thank You,

TheHerc

*Suggestion Box Post*

C'mon people, lets at least TRY to get some visibility going here!

Everyone wants it, why don't we make a statement Now and see if we can at least get a response?

I know that the new "Storage" is upcoming, but personally, I'd mush rather see a:

Enter Item

[ Laminoid ] Press Search

Laminoid:

Toon 1; 10-Bay 2-row 5

Toon 2: 4- Bay 1-row 1

Toon 3 25-Inventory

I really see no downside to asking for this. Do You?

Done: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7517866#post7517866

Would be nice instead of logging in an out across multiple toons trying to figure out where I had an item I'm looking for.

Makes me miss my old WoW mod Bagnon.

Exactly - Or at least have a data dump somewhere that we could use to Parse out what we want using LUA code.

Of course that would be considered an external add-on, but would still serve the purpose.

There HAS to be a way to implement this.

Come on Bioware!

At least explain your position on this!

It Has been a while since you addressed this.

Exactly - Or at least have a data dump somewhere that we could use to Parse out what we want using LUA code.

Of course that would be considered an external add-on, but would still serve the purpose.

There HAS to be a way to implement this.

Come on Bioware!

At least explain your position on this!

It Has been a while since you addressed this.

well 2.9 makes this suggestion moot. Buy a stronghold with legacy storage, and anything that isn't bound put in there no need to search. Log in and poof it will be there.

well 2.9 makes this suggestion moot. Buy a stronghold with legacy storage, and anything that isn't bound put in there no need to search. Log in and poof it will be there.

Not really at all.

I know I'm not alone when it comes to crafting alts. At any given time, any of my toons could have any piece of crafting material, or a piec of gear I got from a Cartel Pack etc... on them or in their inventory actually.

So If I am looking for something specific, I doubt that I am going to <poof> find it in legacy storage.

Would be much easier to type into a search box and have a list of all the places I have whatever I am looking for show up.

Legacy storage is not going to solve this problem.

Not really at all.

I know I'm not alone when it comes to crafting alts. At any given time, any of my toons could have any piece of crafting material, or a piec of gear I got from a Cartel Pack etc... on them or in their inventory actually.

So If I am looking for something specific, I doubt that I am going to <poof> find it in legacy storage.

Would be much easier to type into a search box and have a list of all the places I have whatever I am looking for show up.

Legacy storage is not going to solve this problem.

Not only that, but unless I'm mistaken, we've got very few specifics about how Legacy storage will truly work. Though I would really like to think that I can craft to my heart's content out of Legacy storage... I'll believe it when I see it.

I would like to see search functions regardless. I'd even take it as a database you can only access from your house or ship if for some reason it causes problems on, say, the Fleet. That would still save me the trouble of logging in and out of all my alts until I hit the right one (assuming I don't overlook what I'm searching for and have to go back) and all it would cost is a little bit of quick traveling.

Ok, we all know that Legacy Storage is upcoming.

However...

What I have wanted to see since Beta is a way to search across all my toons for a Particular Piece of Gear, or a crafting component with a result that says:

Rubat Crystal

• Toon 1; 10-Bay 2-row 5
  • Toon 2: 4- Bay 1-row 1
  • Toon 3 25-Inventory

Or even a wildcard search, such as:

Dynamic Slueth*

• Toon 1; Dynamic Slueth Mask x2 -Bay 3-row 1
  • Toon 2: Dynamic Slueth Pants x1- Bay 1-row 2
  • Toon 3 Dynamic Sleuth Boots x1 -Inventory

You get the picture. Since we have no addons, and no apparent feed that I am aware of to search all of your characters, I really think many Many people would appreciate this. Particularly with everyone buying 64-packs and getting multiple items.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!

Also, readers of this, please post a reply of some sort - I think this should really be given some consideration.

Thank You,

TheHerc

Or just have it work like a personal GTN. It could list the items and you just click it to retrieve it from wherever it is.

Or just have it work like a personal GTN. It could list the items and you just click it to retrieve it from wherever it is.

This!

The code is already there for GTN Searches and I would assume that most of the code written for it (and many of the game's functions) is OOP, so why NOT a quick call to the function that does the searches on the GTN but for your own database that's already there.

Obviously, the search would need to point to your own account's storage options which would take some tweaking but is 100% do-able.

Also, an xml data dump of all your items, locations and which toon would probably be even easier to let us write our own small program to parse it.

PS: AllenEyeTX - If you are where I think you are... Man are we close by!

This!

The code is already there for GTN Searches and I would assume that most of the code written for it (and many of the game's functions) is OOP, so why NOT a quick call to the function that does the searches on the GTN but for your own database that's already there.

Obviously, the search would need to point to your own account's storage options which would take some tweaking but is 100% do-able.

Also, an xml data dump of all your items, locations and which toon would probably be even easier to let us write our own small program to parse it.

PS: AllenEyeTX - If you are where I think you are... Man are we close by!

Austin, TX. Let's picket outside the BW offices until they give us what we want. :p

Austin, TX. Let's picket outside the BW offices until they give us what we want. :p

I would, but man... we're in Texas where summer is about to melt us!

Anyway, if you're reading this, then get more aboard. This 1 thing may not be THE greatest tweak of all time, but man would it help us out.... a LOT.

Thx for reading and posting people. Let's keep this up front as long as possible because it Should be something they can do!

Edited by TheHERC

My 12 toons each with 6 cargo bays FULL of crap would love this feature!

I keep hearing this same thing (even from myself!).

We just need to get more people on board.

Yes, Legacy storage will be good. But you Still can't search for that stack of Phobium or whatever, and have the game tell you where it all is on each toon. If you search Manually, it takes a long time. Maybe that's why they haven't done it: keeps you online looking for your items ;)

Anyway, please pass this on to people who will help the cause!

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all.

This is my monthly re-hashing of the Lack of Searchable Items scattered across all of my toons.

If you are like me, and have many toons on a server AND do a lot of Cartel Market Buying, then you probably have a ton of complete item sets laying around. Yet some pieces may be scattered across 2-3 (or 13) toons.

Please speak up if you want to see Bioware create a place to Search all of your toons for say all Pieces of "Revered Seer's" gear. Or a search for all places Lamanoid may be hiding etc...

Thanks and good hunting!