What is your dream R-WZ Team Composition?

ATango

I'm not going to talk about strats. Will leave that to all you leaders out there to use your own. But I do think it's safe to talk about what composition you would use. So let me get it started.

3 healers, 1 tank and 4 dps

1 Sage

1 Scoundrel Healer (to move with the other stealth player if necessary)

1 combat medic

1 guardian (ball runner)

1 sentinel

1 sniper

1 AS VG

1 Scoundrel Dps (For scouting and ninja'ing); I'm in 2 minds on this one for a Shadow

Still a work in progress. Obviously there are some classes I would prefer to have for different game modes but I think this is a common fit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to take a DPS Scoundrel and a Combat Medic? Really?

Well it's a tossup between a scoundrel and a shadow; yea I know they're not that great but a scoundrel can lockdown a healer by themselves easily. Especially when their openers crit they can apply a lot of pressure really fast.

Combat medics are good single target healers and since R_WZ will be about FF'ing I thought that would be a good idea along with their knockback for Huttball for ramp control.

I play only a VG as u can see on my sig so if there is any reason that I should never ever ever bring a certain class please let me know.

It all depends on who is behind the character and their skill level + what map it is..but in general I would take

2 healers, 1 true tank, 5 DPS

1 op healer - Best overall healer for pvp

1 merc healer - Best single target heals (Ball carrier, focus targets, etc)

1 jugg (true tank) - Ball carrier/guard the healers

1 tankassin (dps gear) - Secondary ball carrier, node defender, ninja node taker, all around utility)

1 powertech pyro - Great DPS + Enemy pull

1 Mara - Good DPS + Predation

1 Sniper - Awesome DPS, just kill ****.

1 Sorc - Decent DPS, friendly pull can be very useful

I would love to have 1 of each class like this for all of the utility, and any class can be good if played correctly but some are definately better than others. I would choose another PT pyro over a sorc in some situations but that friendly pull can be very useful.

So i hate games where there are to many people rolling healers & tanks, the game just become one huge never ending face off. Also I feel it makes the game becomes less skill based.... (how many times have you lost a wz for no other reason than the other team capped the 2nd node first and neither team has enough dps to kill people?)

With that said, it may not be my dream r-wz team, however have always wanted to try something like this:

4 Marauders

2 Hybrid Assassins

2 Mercenary Healers

The Basic strategy would be to burst down enemy healers w/ high dps before they can kill yours. So the focus would be on being able to tilt battles in your favor and wipe the enemy team, rather than draw them out.

Highly based around a couple assumptions tho:

1. A high # of melee dps is most effective for bursting dwn healers

2. Your Healer's survivability matters more than actual ability to heal if the opposing team's healer is dead..

8 of me behind the keyboards of any 8 classes.

I like the way this guy thinks.

That being said.

2 Sentinels

2 Vanguards (assault)

1 Guardian (Vigilance)

1 Shadow (Kinetic)

1 Sage (Heals w/blinding bubbles)

1 Commando (Heals)

Edited by RenegadeSLX

So i hate games where there are to many people rolling healers & tanks, the game just become one huge never ending face off. Also I feel it makes the game becomes less skill based.... (how many times have you lost a wz for no other reason than the other team capped the 2nd node first and neither team has enough dps to kill people?)

With that said, it may not be my dream r-wz team, however have always wanted to try something like this:

4 Marauders

2 Hybrid Assassins

2 Mercenary Healers

The Basic strategy would be to burst down enemy healers w/ high dps before they can kill yours. So the focus would be on being able to tilt battles in your favor and wipe the enemy team, rather than draw them out.

Highly based around a couple assumptions tho:

1. A high # of melee dps is most effective for bursting dwn healers

2. Your Healer's survivability matters more than actual ability to heal if the opposing team's healer is dead..

There's no such thing as a hybrid assassin.

Moving on...

I consider anything with taunts and a reasonable amount of survivability a tank, personally (even if they are DPS spec)

3 healer 3 tank 2 DPS

1 Op (healer)

1 Sage (healer)

1 Merc (healer)

1 Tankasin (tank)

1 Smash Jugg (tank)

1 Pyro PT (tank)

1 Concealment Op (dps)

1 Marauder (dps)

I wonder how many people will pick Deception sin! :p

I would try to avoid melee heavy groups. You will be susceptible to all aoe; damage, taunts, mezzes and cc. Please take that into consideration while forming your group.

This works in semi premades and PuG's but in Rateds is a different story. Be careful of that composition.

For me it would depend on the WZ but I think a no glow sticks crew would be fun.

Healers = 3 opps

Tank = 1 very talented PT (geared correctly, 23k+ HP) that knows how to move guard around and doesn't bother with mindless dps

DPS = 2 Snipers, 2 PT Pyros. With focus fire from 2 of the 4 they should be able to take a single target very quickly, even through guard

Anyway. Not the best, but no glowsticks :)

You wont be taking a combat medic, really?

Not if I can avoid it. Sawbones are far stronger and Seers bring far more utility. I'll definitely be going for Seer + Sawbones for the healers.

I'd also take Shadows over Scoundrel DPS every time. There is nothing a Scoundrel can do that a Shadow can't do better except offhealing - and even then taunts are just as valuable.

So....

Healers: Sawbones. Seer.

Tanks: Shadow, Vigilance-Soresu Guardian.

DPS: Gunslinger, Sentinel, Assault Vanguard

Last slot is more flexible and can be either: another Shadow/Sentinel/Gunslinger or a Hybrd Healer (probably Sawbones-Scrapper, as 3 stealth in a team is nice.)

4 tanks and 4 healers - the whole team will never die.
this team will never kill anything, if facing a skilled team either. beleive me i have been stuck on teams like this or rather 3 tanks 4 heals and 1 dps, and it is not fun all the yelling why wont these healers die!!

my personal dream will be 1 combat medic, 1 heal sage, 1 op heal

2 sins(1 full tank 1 DPS tank) 1 guardian(soresu bomb) 1 sentinel and an assault spec vanguard in a pear tree

Perfect Ranked WZ team!

2 Healers

-Sage

-Commando

2 Stealthers

-Shadow (Dps gear)

-Smuggler

2 Tanks

-Vanguard (tank gear)

-Guardian (dps gear)

2 DPS Prefferably 1 ranged and 1 meele, but dosnt matter really. My choices would be

-Commando

-Sentinal

I like the way this guy thinks.

That being said.

2 Sentinels

2 Vanguards (assault)

1 Guardian (Vigilance)

1 Shadow (Kinetic)

1 Sage (Heals w/blinding bubbles)

1 Commando (Heals)

Rather have Scoundrel healer, you already have 3+ ball runners, and only one stealth.

Edited by Wheelerific