Rotation for annihilation?

stavrakas

I just came back to the game and it seems I should lvl up at least 3 alts in order to get the class buffs. I already had a marauder lvl 25 but contrary to my main shadow I don't remember anything about his skills. By looking around here it seems the best lvling up spec is annihilation. So what's the basic rotation, which skills should I be using? Oh and a link to an anni spec would be most helpful.

Force Charge > Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Ravage.... is a pretty basic one but yea check Noxxic for all your needs i think Rotations etc are under the FAQ's section.

After rupture I go for annihilate to get it rolling, after that I might go with ravage.

Remember that annihilate has high chance to finish cooldown for rupture, so you can hit that back again soon as the current rupture ends on target. Soon as deadly saber comes off cooldown activate it, and make sure your ready to hit annihilate soon as it comes from cooldown to keep it rolling.

EDIT: Hehee...forgot that your not lvl 40-50 yet :rolleyes:

Edited by ArchArcher

• 3 weeks later...

Force Charge -> Deadly Saber -> Battering Assault -> Rupture -> Annihilate -> Ravage

This opener deals burst damage, builds Rage, and closes the distance to your target.

Priority

Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on a single target.

Berserk

Deadly Saber

Annihilate

Rupture

Vicious Throw

Ravage

Force Charge

Vicious Slash

Battering Assault or Assault

The key to the Annihilation spec Sith Marauder priority system is to remember the following:

Use Battering Assault or Assault if below 7 Rage.

Maintain the buff from Berserk

Maintain the buff from Annihilate

Maintain the DoT from Deadly Saber

Follow the priority list and use higher priority abilities as often as possible.

Force Charge -> Deadly Saber -> Battering Assault -> Rupture -> Annihilate -> Ravage

This opener deals burst damage, builds Rage, and closes the distance to your target.

Priority

Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on a single target.

Berserk

Deadly Saber

Annihilate

Rupture

Vicious Throw

Ravage

Force Charge

Vicious Slash

Battering Assault or Assault

The key to the Annihilation spec Sith Marauder priority system is to remember the following:

Use Battering Assault or Assault if below 7 Rage.

Maintain the buff from Berserk

Maintain the buff from Annihilate

Maintain the DoT from Deadly Saber

Follow the priority list and use higher priority abilities as often as possible.

I mostly agree with this priority with a few tweaks.

Berserk (may be held a SHORT period to align with 3rd stack of Deadly Saber)

Deadly Saber

Annihilate

Vicious Throw

Rupture

Battering Assault (iff <= 6 Rage)

Ravage (iff Deadly Saber, Annihilate, and Vicious Throw are >3s from CD)

Force Charge (iff no mechanic is coming which requires gap closing or emergency interrupt, and iff <= 8 Rage)

Assault (iff spending Rage on Vicious Slash will leave you Rage-starved as DS/Annihilate/Rupture come off CD)

Vicious Slash (if >= 7 Rage, or if Charge/BA will come off CD 1+ GCDs before Annihilate/DS/Rupture, and additional VSs will not leave you rage starved for any of those 3)

Assault

Deadly Saber is off GCD and should be used instantly on CD. DO NOT wait to pair it with another attack (e.g. Charge). Use it immediately.

Use Annihilate to CD if at all possible.

Use Berserk as close as possible to "CD". Delaying the triggering of a Fury buff and thus the subsequent re-acquisition of Fury is a DPS loss unless a very short delay (e.g. 1-2 GCDs) will permit synchronizing with 3 stacks of Deadly Saber.

This is a strict priority list. At each GCD, the highest available option should be selected.

The difficulty/complexity/challenge in playing Annihilation is speedy decision making and planning ahead at least 2-3 GCDs, as the overall "rotation" is indefinitely sustainable provided that one does not get too greedy with Vicious Slash or miss an opportunity to build Rage via Battering Assault or Charge.

As far as openers go, there are really 2...

Force Charge + Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate (Pulverize procs) > Ravage > Assault > Rupture

Force Charge + Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate (no Pulverize proc) > Ravage > Assault > Assault

The latter makes a very nasty hole in your DPS ramp-up, and if Ops Dummy parsing for e-peen, will poison the entire parse. In actual content, it's unavoidable so you just deal with it.

For those unfamiliar "iff" is shorthand for "if and only if".

Edited by Omophorus

You haven't indicated if you are playing pvp or pve? If pvp the above rotations are just fine, the one placing Rupture after Annihilation is limping, but oh well.

In terms of PVE and I mean trash mobs PVE, which you encounter the most (including gray stars elites) I would recommend more efficient rotation (sorry if I misspell skill names, I am writing from memory and don't pay them much heed):

Force Charge > Deadly Saber in flight > Savage Kick > Smash (or Roar) > Pommel Strike > Battering Assault ... and the rest as above.

The thing is those abilities have very high dmg output without any cost so it's good to keep them on cooldown at all times. That is why slow on rupture is important, as Savage Kick works only on slowed or rooted targets. I think (not sure tho) that they don't apply saber ticks, but regarding trash mobs you won't have time to notice that, as they will die instantly.

Edited by enteri

You haven't indicated if you are playing pvp or pve? If pvp the above rotations are just fine, the one placing Rupture after Annihilation is limping, but oh well.

In terms of PVE and I mean trash mobs PVE, which you encounter the most (including gray stars elites) I would recommend more efficient rotation (sorry if I misspell skill names, I am writing from memory and don't pay them much heed):

Force Charge > Deadly Saber in flight > Savage Kick > Smash (or Roar) > Pommel Strike > Battering Assault ... and the rest as above.

The thing is those abilities have very high dmg output without any cost so it's good to keep them on cooldown at all times. That is why slow on rupture is important, as Savage Kick works only on slowed or rooted targets. I think (not sure tho) that they don't apply saber ticks, but regarding trash mobs you won't have time to notice that, as they will die instantly.

Savage Kick and Pommel Strike have long CDs. They're handy to use when available, and on vulnerable targets, but they're not an essential part of any rotation for any spec.

And to your first comment about "limping". Annihilation is ahead of Rupture on the priority list, period. It contributes more to overall DPS, and is thus more important. The point of the priority list is to maximize DPS, and you get more overall damage by using Annihilate to the CD, even at the expense of Pulverize procs or delaying the use of Rupture (you're using 2 Annihilates per Rupture CD anyway, so you still have plenty of chances to proc Pulverize).

This may be counter-intuitive, but parse logs don't lie.

Edited by Omophorus

Savage Kick and Pommel Strike have long CDs. They're handy to use when available, and on vulnerable targets, but they're not an essential part of any rotation for any spec.

Savage kick has the same CD as Annihilation, so by your thinking Anni shouldn't be part of a rotation as well. What is more, not using the skill just because it has long CD is just bad. It will not be part of every rotation, but discarding it just because there CANNOT be more then one rotation is baaad, mkay?

And to your first comment about "limping". Annihilation is ahead of Rupture on the priority list, period.

Thanks, I am convinced

It contributes more to overall DPS, and is thus more important. The point of the priority list is to maximize DPS, and you get more overall damage by using Annihilate to the CD, even at the expense of Pulverize procs or delaying the use of Rupture (you're using 2 Annihilates per Rupture CD anyway, so you still have plenty of chances to proc Pulverize).

This may be counter-intuitive, but parse logs don't lie.

Parse logs are created on dummies. Those data is artificial and you cannot assume anything based on it, as the environment is dynamic and you cannot always follow the same path. There are not many situations where you can just pommel your opponent without being hit amirite? So the fact that you CLAIM (source?) that your opinion is right on dummy does not mean a thing in actual play.