Tython Codex Database

pioneerraptor

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Consular here. Thanks to some tips from this thread, I am now missing only three entries for Tython:

Terentatek (which I believe I should get as I continue questing on Taris)

Wingmaw

Satele Shan

Im missing these as well and i scoured tython. i did all quest on taris so maybe i have the terentatek I haven't checked but not being able to finish the codex is bugging me

I'm missing Zabrak on my Conuslar and I completed the Chamber of Speech. I'm also missing Satele Shan like many others plus the two beastiary entries. The Zabrak and Satele Shan are the ones I'm quite worried about because it seems I've done everything needed. I've already got my own ship so I've met Satele before but still nothing.

Hi,

Terentatek, I believe, is given on Taris. You need to complete the Jedi Relic mission given by the Padawan in the furthest region inside the old Jedi Temple there.

Cheers!

I just did that quest but did not receive the codex entry (as a Jedi Knight).

Same 29/32 situation on my counselor.

1) Missing 1 person of note (Orgus Din it seems to be, or perhaps Sateele Shan). Perhaps you have to escape the convo and click on the person to get. If so, that stinks, since I am past it now. Only thing to do if that is the case is wait for someone else to get to that point and join them in the convo. Tried to join a knight for the Orgus Din convo. Kngight didn't escape the convo though.

2) Also missing the wingmaw and terentatek. Should be easy to get those once someone finds the right one to click on.

Codecs in general must be bugged.

On my Jedi Knight, I am missing the Jedi Weapons, Terentatek and Wingmaw codices from Tython.

On the same character, I am missing Darth Angral and Sullustar's codices from Coruscant.

On the same character, I am missing more than several from Ord Mantell.

I've run every quest I could find, went to every spot I could go and killed every targetable target I could - all of these codices are still missing.

My conclusion is that the system must be temporarily bugged. Hopefully, they'll fix it in the first sever-downtime patch

Can we gain access to Balmorra? Thats wehre the other Wingmaws are found...

Wingmaw is in fact found on Balmorra. As to where there, I must say I don't recall but I killed one of every type I encoutnered ( I tend to do this when trying to get codex entries).

I am a Consular and I am only missing 2 entries and from reading it would seem I am missing Satele Shan and Tarentatek.

For Tarentatek I did the ruins quest on Taris at level but found nothing but rakghouls.

- Terentatek: Complete quest "Jedi Relic" on Taris. Given to you inside the Old Jedi Temple.

I've completed all the quests on Taris as a Jedi Knight and still have not gotten this entry. The only Jedi Relic quest was one going around and breaking statues to get the relics.

Did I miss something?

Might it be that Master Satele is the fourth entry, but you do not trigger it until later in the storyline? I don't know, i am only suggest/asking. i made the character (jedi consular) that i ran on tython after the 12-28 patch and so if this is an issue, it was not patched out then.

I'm a Level 50 Consular. I've completed my entire class storyline, so my suspicion that the final Person of Note would be revealed upon completing it is proven wrong. I came back to Tython with the express intent of finding the codex entries I was missing.

I was missing:

1 Persons of Note (presumably Satele Shan)

1 Species (Twi'lek)

2 Bestiary (presumably Terentatek and Wingmaw)

I wasn't aware of the Twi'lek plaque, so finding this had me 3/3 on species. However, I didn't get an actual lore popup after reading the plaque, so I believe I had already discovered the Twi'lek entry somehow on another planet. The species category of the Tython codex progression only showed 3/3 AFTER reading the plaque however, which leads me to believe that the entry must come from the planet in question or it will not count.

If I'm right about this, Terentatek/Wingmaw codex entries can only come from Tython (not Taris or other planets). I've just spent the better part of an hour scouring Tython and was only able to get the Twi'lek entry from the plaque.

Unless others have found the final Person of Note or have less than 2 undiscovered Bestiary entries remaining, I suggest that this (like an alarming amount of the content in this game) is bugged and cannot be completed.

Edited by phlupple

My husband and I discovered that if one party member in a group has obtained the codex, and one has not, the system will not show you the codex until you kick out the person who has already gotten the codex.

I kicked out my husband and it gave me the chair codex immediately.

Is that means, theschwartzgirl, that if I group with a consular (been Knight, for example) and I kick him out of the group, I'll get the "Jedi Weapons" entry?

If not, please explain your discover with more details. (:

Thank you

Hi All,

Just to update. I am a 50 consular and have uncovered ALL maps in the game, completed EVERY quest and am stuck on 29/32 entries. However, I am only missing 1 bestiary entry. I appear to have the Wingmaw entry but I can't say where from.

Note: I am missing 1 lore (which is listed, I just haven't got it yet). 1 person of note and 1 Bestiary which seems to be the Tarentatek.

Edit: My wingmaw entry speaks of Balmorra. Could it be from there?

Edited by AllanGaunt

Where do you see the Statistics which entries of which class you still need on a planet?

In my codex, I can just see a list of my planet status over all (e.g. Tython 27/30).

To contribute to the topic: I have 27/30 entries on Tython, I am a Jedi Knight on Lvl. 36. I still need to get "Jedi Weapons", "Terentatek" and "Wingmaw".

The Terentatek wasn't unlocked in the Jedi Temple Ruins on Taris, although I have read that it should be unlocked there.

• 2 weeks later...

Lore:

- Jedi Weapons: X:15, Y: 1569

- - Supposed to be obtain automatically upon crafting your lightsaber. However, many people did not receive it. I have submitted a ticket through the game to see if this is a bug or if the way to obtain it was changed.

Did you ever get a response about that particular lore entry?

So, I believe I may have a bugged entry for the flesh raiders...what quest is it exactly that gives you the entry? i believe I have completed it already, since I've done every quest I could find.

Also, right clicking uxibeasts do nothing. Is there a specific one, that needs to be clicked? If so, what is it's location?

Other than these 2, I'm not having any problems with lore entries for tython.

Hi I just created a new consular and did Tython. I was missing some Codex entries, and google led me here. I thought I could contribute a little.

Jedi Weapons - I got this entry upon completion of the class quest where I create a weapon. (As stated above, I'm a Consular)

Uxibeast - If you need to find an Uxibeast which always works, get off the taxi path at Jedi Training grounds and "hang a right". There is a road with some Uxibeasts, getting close to one, or mousing over it, triggered my Codex entry. (I don't know which, since I was moving and mousing over it at the time of triggering. I definitely did NOT right-click it). It's VERY close, you should still be in sight of the buildings.

Satele Shan - I did not get this entry.

Side note: One of the entries I gained on Tython counts in the "Alderaan" category. I know this, because I am 1/34 on Alderaan, but I'm only level 10 and I have never been there.

You do not need to do the Horranth Control quest to get the Horranth codex entry. I got it on a Trooper - who can't get any Tython quests - by killing a Horranth Matriarch, specifically the one that spawns near -57, -25 (across the river from where the main group of them spawn). I don't know if you need to kill that specific Matriarch, any Matriarch, or any Matriarch or Patriarch... but I do know you don't get it for the "wandering" ones. Edited by Adric_the_Red

Here is a list of Datacron and Lore Locations for the planet of Tython. Feel free to make corrections or add Lore Entries that are missing.

If you are not a jedi but a trooper or smuggler then the codex list is only 24 long, but 8 of those appear impossible to get.

Bestiary:

- Manka Cat: Complete the quest "Pilgrim Medicine". Quest starts from a datapad on the path from the Twi'lek Village to Tython Ridge.

- Terentatek: Complete quest "Jedi Relic" on Taris. Given to you inside the Old Jedi Temple.

- Wingmaw: UNKNOWN

The quest pilgrim medicine can not be obtained and so neither the codex entry for the cat.

Wingmaws may be found on Balmora?

Locations:

- All locations will be found through completing the main quest with the exception of the Chamber of Speech. This area is located in Upper Kaleth.

The location of the Forge is not accessible for non-jedi classes. Unless the developers have very cleverly hidden another area for those classes.

Organizations

- All of them are obtained automatically through story line quest.

Twi'lek pelgrims requires speaking to Kolovish. However troopers and smugglers can not get the quest to do so

Persons of Note

- All of them are obtained automatically through story line quest.

The codex for Tython gives one entryin this category for trooper or smuggler. However there is nobody that I could find that will give it. None of the bosses you can find throughout the world either.

Species

- Flesh Raiders: Automatic through story line.

- Zabrak: Complete the Heroic Quest "Chamber of Speech".

Neither of these quests that give the codex entry are available to non-jedi