Still no ETA on Server Transfers?

foxxycandy

So has Eric confirmed yet whether transfers are going to be available tomorrow? And are things like our settings, legacy banks etc going to move with us? any new modifications to the transfer policy system?

He hasn't posted anything yet this morning. I'm keeping dev tracker open and refreshing every 15 minutes.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has Eric confirmed yet whether transfers are going to be available tomorrow? And are things like our settings, legacy banks etc going to move with us? any new modifications to the transfer policy system?

Eric hasn't said anything about changes to the system, and I'd expect them to be the same as before. Character-specific settings are the only ones lost in a transfer, and they can easily be restored by copying/renaming a file. The legacy bank stays with the old server, of course, since if it was duplicated then people would use that as a way to farm mats, gear, etc.

For more information: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-character-transfers/

They have stated repeatedly that the way the server merges took place (combining legacies/moving legacy bank contents/etc) is not the same process as character transfers. They could only do it this way in the server merges because the old server did not remain with the same legacy and items intact. If they made transfers work like the merges did, people would just be duplicating their legacy bank inventories across multiple servers without actually having earned any of those items on said server. It's akin to "duping" and won't ever work that way.

Now, finding a way for a character to retain their individual UI and more importantly, the outfit and customization slots that you paid to unlock on the home server in a character transfer would be amazing, but there has been no indication that they are able to make this change, and all indications that the process will remain exactly the same as it was before.

The only changes you can expect when it goes back online are to the price, but not the way it functions. Fortunately, they have grated a period of time (not yet fully explained) that the old "sale" price that was in effect for so long will still be available.

PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.

You make a very good point. I have toons on both SS and SF and I notice that I have some connection issues on SS for some reason.

PSA for those planning on transferring lots of toons due to lag: transfer 1 and test the lag on the new server first. If it's not any better, at least you didn't spend 2k cartel coins transferring 25 toons.

Or create a throw away character now and not spend any CC.

Hey folks,

Monday update, things are looking real good for transfers to come online tomorrow! Based on all of our current (and ongoing) testing, we are in the clear. If that changes, I will let you know ASAP.

-eric

Great.. that's nice Eric, same transfer features as before? ior you guys updated it?

Let me just say, I've waited t2 years to be ableto move region and start my new life on a server with lower ping..

but though I live in the UK, it's weird that the ping on the French and German servers are about 27-35 ms, but the ping on Darth Malgus is about 46 ms - (tested with a new character) - any ideas why? I am closer to the Irish server locations here in London..

Anyway, the inability to transfer regions (first because itw asn't avialble, then after because the price was too high to move all my toons and I couldn't play without all my legacy, really was the main reason I stopped playing SWTOR as high pings playing on an East coast server really put a ceiling on competitive play and certain melee classes like the Marauder, one of my faves... this is really like new lease of life (for playing SWTOR), so I can't wait.

Edited by Macetheace

Now, finding a way for a character to retain their individual UI

There is a way. The UI is not lost. What happens is that the character's UI selection is reset to the default, but the custom UI still exists. And it is quite simple to restore the character-specific settings, which includes the UI selection, as explained in this forum post. (Note that instead of renaming the file, you would make a copy and rename the copy.)

• Dev Post
They're online! A friend just successfully transferred servers.

Tell your friend that since they transferred before we announced the all clear that they are now broken forever :rak_03:.

Kidding. Transfers are back online! Enjoy everyone.

-eric

PS - Reminder that current pricing 90/150 will go until we go into maintenance for 5.6.1 on 12/12.

Tell your friend that since they transferred before we announced the all clear that they are now broken forever :rak_03:.

-eric

PS - Reminder that current pricing 90/150 will go until we go into maintenance for 5.6.1 on 12/12.

And we know people will come to the forums and complain about the price. :p

-eric

That's 1 thing done now Eric get us that calculated merc set on the cm please please please