Star Wars: The Clone Wars Celebration VI trailer

Aitix

Kit Fisto, gungans, Ventress(I think), Obi-Wan. To name a few. He lost to Fisto, who he has beaten before. Lost to gungans, which is almost as bad as Jar Jar's existence. He almost lost to Ventress, whom he has beaten before. And he beat Obi-Wan, but he kinda has to in order to make it to EP.3.

Edit: He fought Ventress during the Dathomir battle. And almsot lost. :(

Yeah, this Grevious sucks and is cowardly, I guess they are making him consistent with the one in Episode 3. I remember how bad*** he was in the original Clone Wars series.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the last series, I wonder how they'll end it. Do you think it will end with the beginning of episode 3 (but the bits we didn't see) or someway else. And also whats gonna happen to ashoka? I think its time to kill her off :p

I thought they said a while ago they were going to do a 6th season as well? Am I miremembering things (I hope I am not cause I love the show)?

Edited by Tuscad

I heard orginally that this was the last series but it says this on wikipedia now

"Star Wars creator George Lucas says "there will be at least 100 episodes produced", about five seasons. But Dave Filoni confirmed that a sixth season is in progress."

He says 'at least' so it expect your right, another series! :D

I heard orginally that this was the last series but it says this on wikipedia now

"Star Wars creator George Lucas says "there will be at least 100 episodes produced", about five seasons. But Dave Filoni confirmed that a sixth season is in progress."

He says 'at least' so it expect your right, another series! :D

I assume you mean "season." "Series" means a completely different show.

And years ago Filoni told us on starwars.com even that 5 was the original limit, but then he we was to keep going until he runs out of stories. Really, really old news.

-------------

And I bet most of us miss the original and more canon in my opinion, Star Wars: Clone Wars. The 15 minute long episodes that led to the opening scene in Ep III. Aside from the obvious different artwork compared to "real life" in the movies, it should how Grievous was feared and how he was a killing machine. He killed a few Jedi alone on the show and a ton of clone troopers and senate guards. He was feared, nothing less.

On TCW he was turned into a failure and nothing but "retreat" being his reaction. He NEVER backed off in Clone Wars, if someone eluded him / her, he then hunted them down. The only reason why if retreated in he begining of Ep III was to escape being captured and that he could lead the droid armies against the Republic longer...in TCW he is just a placeholder, pointless, insignificant...hell someone who should be dead / out of the picture entirely by this point has been getting waaay more focus - I am referring to Ventress, the non-nightsister BS Ventress. Too much rewriting history in TCW....oh also....hoping that on the last episode in the future...Jedi Temple scene, EP III.....Ahsoka being amung those who get killed by clones or Vader.

Edited by Eillack

And I bet most of us miss the original and more canon in my opinion, Star Wars: Clone Wars. The 15 minute long episodes that led to the opening scene in Ep III. Aside from the obvious different artwork compared to "real life" in the movies, it should how Grievous was feared and how he was a killing machine. He killed a few Jedi alone on the show and a ton of clone troopers and senate guards. He was feared, nothing less..

No offense, but those old series looked like a poor version of Samurai Jack - these ones are much much better. And I think the new interpretation of Grevious is better - angry, hates jedi, but good at escaping, which kenobi says in episode 3. He's also always abusing his droids, which is just like him in episode 3.

However him getting beaten by Gungans was just wrong - he should have butchered those guys

No offense, but those old series looked like a poor version of Samurai Jack - these ones are much much better. And I think the new interpretation of Grevious is better - angry, hates jedi, but good at escaping, which kenobi says in episode 3. He's also always abusing his droids, which is just like him in episode 3.

However him getting beaten by Gungans was just wrong - he should have butchered those guys

You didn't know it was the same people who did Samurai Jack did Clone Wars?

But...how can Grievous be better now than then? I think you need to rewatch Clone Wars and notice the huge difference; you act like he was a calm person in Clone Wars, he always hated Jedi and had no need to escape 99% of the time unless he needed to for a mission (eluding Windu and took Palpatine for example), etc.

Original and more canon the old clone wars show was?....Ya...NO, it was far from that you had jedi soloing entire droid armies, the action was far too over the top. Grevious was OP as ****, I am actually surprised that he didn't just floor over Dooku and I am even more surprised that Mundi was able to survive against him. So....no the original wasn't more canon then what is going on now all that show showed was a bunch of over the top action scenes, there was hardly any story to it whatsoever.

I liked the show don't get me wrong, but don't say that it was more canon then what is showing now.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

You didn't know it was the same people who did Samurai Jack did Clone Wars?

But...how can Grievous be better now than then? I think you need to rewatch Clone Wars and notice the huge difference; you act like he was a calm person in Clone Wars, he always hated Jedi and had no need to escape 99% of the time unless he needed to for a mission (eluding Windu and took Palpatine for example), etc.

But thats just it, according to ep 3 grevious was always running away. And he was over powered in the previous series, despite being able to fight multiple jedi masters at once and defeating them, he was eventually bested and killed by just one.

Grevious simply wasn't that powerful. The new Clone Wars has a far more realistic interpretation of him - more of a master tactician than a ruthless jedi killer - and I like him better that way

Original and more canon the old clone wars show was?....Ya...NO, it was far from that you had jedi soloing entire droid armies, the action was far too over the top. Grevious was OP as ****, I am actually surprised that he didn't just floor over Dooku and I am even more surprised that Mundi was able to survive against him. So....no the original wasn't more canon then what is going on now all that show showed was a bunch of over the top action scenes, there was hardly any story to it whatsoever.

I liked the show don't get me wrong, but don't say that it was more canon then what is showing now.

The story on CW is more canon I meant, my bad on not being specific. It's like any of the Ep 1- 3 movie games for consoles / PC..it didn't exactly happen the way it was shown in the game, but the event happened none the less.

Or even better of an example is The Force Unleashed series; between the books and games. In the games everything is OP so they are fun, in the books everyone is "normal" in their power, etc.

The point was that Grievous was supposed to be OP, he was supposed to bring fear, not "O boy it's him again... :rolleyes: *sigh* lets get tihs over with... "

Edited by Eillack

Didn't Ventress get killed by Anakin in the old clone wars - I don't think thats canon :p

And I like the new image of Grevious, sure he's always getting beaten but he's a 'typical bad guy' so he can't really win. He's not manipulative or crafty like Sidious, who always wins, but at least he has a real personality, which can't really be said of the old grevious who was just an over-powered droid

Yeah, this Grevious sucks and is cowardly, I guess they are making him consistent with the one in Episode 3. I remember how bad*** he was in the original Clone Wars series.

I love the animated series grievous. They captured his military skills and martial skills brilliantly. But TCW has trivialized. He even sucks as a General on the show. I only remember him winning with the Malevolence or against someone with a plot armor rating of -9000. You always see him retreating, or needing help. The Grievous I remember from books like Labrynth of Evil and the animated series didn't act like this. This show made Grievous go from infamous Jedi Killer, military genius, and the guy that committed genocide on several planets; to the guy that can't even beat a gungan in a straight up fight.

And don't get me started on Mandalorians. :mad:

The story on CW is more canon I meant, my bad on not being specific. It's like any of the Ep 1- 3 movie games for consoles / PC..it didn't exactly happen the way it was shown in the game, but the event happened none the less.

Or even better of an example is The Force Unleashed series; between the books and games. In the games everything is OP so they are fun, in the books everyone is "normal" in their power, etc.

The point was that Grievous was supposed to be OP, he was supposed to bring fear, not "O boy it's him again... :rolleyes: *sigh* lets get tihs over with... "

Ya Grevious is suppose to be good, but not OP and taking on several jedi masters at once. That isn't how he is portrayed at all.

Ya Grevious is suppose to be good, but not OP and taking on several jedi masters at once. That isn't how he is portrayed at all.

He has taken on several Jedi at once. During the battle of Geonosis, Grievous killed several Jedi in the catacombs and took their lightsabers. I believe Dooku gave him Sifo-Dyas' lightsaber until he had his own.

It doesn't take a master tactician to launch a frontal assault, then fail and run away.

I liked his character just fine in the old multi-media project, he was ruthless and efficient, a Kaleesh freedom fighter turned cyborg general by the machinations of Dooku (and he has actual reasons to hate the Jedi, unlike the new version where he wanted to be one but couldn't because of not being force sensitive, so he modified himself. :mad: ). Grievous was a great villain; he was a butcher, a monster, ruthless, powerful, intelligent, and above all an actual threat. I don't see why he can't kill Jedi considering that’s what he was designed to do.

Sure the old show was over the top with him, but the show was over the top about everything. The old multi-media project gave us a memorable and imposing villain with a tragic backstory. The new grievous is a barely competent joke, a punching bag for everyone from padawans to gungans.

Didn't Ventress get killed by Anakin in the old clone wars - I don't think thats canon :p

And I like the new image of Grevious, sure he's always getting beaten but he's a 'typical bad guy' so he can't really win. He's not manipulative or crafty like Sidious, who always wins, but at least he has a real personality, which can't really be said of the old grevious who was just an over-powered droid

She was thought dead then near the end of the Clone Wars she was in a kolto tank be experimented on by Dooku. She was brought back to life from regenerative experiments, was killed in a battle shortly after, then came back to life again and had a "F#$@ this" reaction and stole a medical transport and got as far away from the war as possible.

She was thought dead then near the end of the Clone Wars she was in a kolto tank be experimented on by Dooku. She was brought back to life from regenerative experiments, was killed in a battle shortly after, then came back to life again and had a "F#$@ this" reaction and stole a medical transport and got as far away from the war as possible.

Well that's out the window now.

He has taken on several Jedi at once. During the battle of Geonosis, Grievous killed several Jedi in the catacombs and took their lightsabers. I believe Dooku gave him Sifo-Dyas' lightsaber until he had his own.

Yes but were they all jedi masters? Or even any of them high council members? Or were they just the run of the mill jedi knights? As for the gungan thing i'll get to that in a minute.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes but were they all jedi masters? Or even any of them high council members? Or were they just the run of the mill jedi knights? As for the gungan thing i'll get to that in a minute.

I'm not entirely sure. I do believe K'Kruhk was down there but I can't say for sure. But being able to kill a Jedi while still being inexperienced in that arena is nothing to smirk at.

I prefer the new greivous, despite being significantly weaker and more cowardly (although more canon) and being beaten by gungans, he's got more character. Without character it doesn't matter if they own jedi and never retreat - they're still crap.

By the way, who is your favorite character from the clone wars series (you may have guessed mine is grievous)

I prefer the new greivous, despite being significantly weaker and more cowardly (although more canon) and being beaten by gungans, he's got more character. Without character it doesn't matter if they own jedi and never retreat - they're still crap.

By the way, who is your favorite character from the clone wars series (you may have guessed mine is grievous)

Mace Windu or Cad Bane.

And what you said about Grevious being cowardly per-canon is actually. Hence Maces line in ROTS "Grevious will run and hide as always, he's a coward." Or something like that.

Point-being, the EU made him this Jedi-Killer. And I doubt the old TCW Cartoon is even considered canon considering how much it overpowered each character and made Grevious look like the strongest there is taking on Jedi Masters..

My fav character is Plo Koon. In all of SW he is my favorite character.

As for Grievous, I don't mind him fleeing, but he flees more than he fights. If he can win a fight, he should stay to fight, but he always seems to be running.