Augments: which ones do you find useful?

Rerednaw

I just started getting schematics, but not really sure which ones are more useful.

More end? Crit? Def?

Others?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

useful in what sense? To sell, or use them on your toon?

If you mean to sell, I'd go with Fortitude, Overkill, and Critical since most good healers, tanks, and smashers stack those.

If you mean to use, it just depends on your role. I'm sure people can comment more if you specify your question :)

I find the primary stat (might (strength), resolve (willpower), reflex (aim), and skill (cunning)), augments sell the best, although redoubt (defense rating), and shield (shield rating) augments also sell well.

If for personal use, it depends on what class and role you play.

Selling is secondary, mainly I have a bunch of alts to level. :)

I never actually bothered with augments before, wanted to see how much impact they have PvE leveling game-wise, compared to say Biochem?

Thanks for the info!

Every little bit helps, but I would not go all OCD trying to get every level of every augment type to insure that while leveling you always have the best/most optimal augments. On the last character I leveled (a bounty hunter) I used several advanced reflex augment 12 augments for a LONG time. It was only when I hit level 50 and i got my tionese gear that I made sure each gear piece had an augment slot and had an purple rank 22 augment in each one.

If you are talking about for selling then all the main attribute ones. Willpower, strength etc

If your talking about for yourself. Then go for as much Power as you can. You will find by the time you are 50 and have most of the operation gear that you have maxed out your main stat and everytime you add to it the returns diminish. Power is not capped, so if you are like me and are playing a Inquistitor you will swap out all your Willpower/endurance augments for Power/endurance onces for added DPS.

If you are talking about for selling then all the main attribute ones. Willpower, strength etc

If your talking about for yourself. Then go for as much Power as you can. You will find by the time you are 50 and have most of the operation gear that you have maxed out your main stat and everytime you add to it the returns diminish. Power is not capped, so if you are like me and are playing a Inquistitor you will swap out all your Willpower/endurance augments for Power/endurance onces for added DPS.

If you want to be playing suboptimally then yes, use the power ones. For pretty much all DPS and healers you want to use the main attribute augments, which is why they sell the best. Diminishing returns for your main stat don't start really hitting hard currently until somewhere around 6000, so at that point the power augments would be better, but since it's impossible with current gear to get even halfway to that point stacking your main stat with augments is optimal for DPS and healers.

If you want to be playing suboptimally then yes, use the power ones. For pretty much all DPS and healers you want to use the main attribute augments, which is why they sell the best. Diminishing returns for your main stat don't start really hitting hard currently until somewhere around 6000, so at that point the power augments would be better, but since it's impossible with current gear to get even halfway to that point stacking your main stat with augments is optimal for DPS and healers.

Um.. no.

Power gives slightly more of a boost to damage than main stat does. This is balanced by main stat increasing your crit rating slightly. However, once you're at your crit goal, or if crit isn't useful to your spec (which it isn't for some bc of procs that auto-crit) you want power over main stat.

Um.. no.

Power gives slightly more of a boost to damage than main stat does. This is balanced by main stat increasing your crit rating slightly. However, once you're at your crit goal, or if crit isn't useful to your spec (which it isn't for some bc of procs that auto-crit) you want power over main stat.

Umm, yes. Almost every spec except Focus/Rage is better served by main stat, and even Focus/Rage isn't by much.

Power gives 0.23 bonus damage, main stat gives 0.21 (it's 0.20 but when you factor in the 5% buff everyone has at all times to their main stat, you end up gaining 0.21). Even more than that if your spec has a percent buff to main stat. Factor in the bonus to crit and main stat wins. Having a crit% goal is dumb - that isn't how diminishing returns work (they're on the crit rating not the crit percent).