Cathar Warstaff Vs Jedi Lightsaber

MoolkBiggestOrk

Just thinking from a lore and role play perspective. Is there a reason a jedi would ever use a cathar warstaff instead of a lightsaber? Is there any pros and cons to the warstaff? Or is the jedi lightsaber an all around better weapon? I want to use the warstaff because its cool look lol and its different than a light saber. But, if from a roleplay perspective...its inferior then i will probably go back to a light saber.

You can hit someone with a staff without cutting off pieces of their anatomy, which could be a useful thing. Ofc, when you push "on" with a lightsaber everyone with an ounce of sense will also know about the "cutting off pieces" and take a few seconds to reconsider their response.

I'd guess you use a staff for the purpose of not looking like a Jedi, if there's need for such deception.

If you have a cathar Jedi, maybe he wants to show his heritage? Then again, (I'm not quite sure about this) do Jedi shed their past "heritage-y" roots?

I don't think jedi shed their past roots. At least there is a jedi in the inquisitor story that came from alderaan an still has strong ties to it. The green Jedi follow the Jedi code but still serve as their homeworlds (Corellias) defenders as well.

I don't think jedi shed their past roots. At least there is a jedi in the inquisitor story that came from alderaan an still has strong ties to it. The green Jedi follow the Jedi code but still serve as their homeworlds (Corellias) defenders as well.

Corellian Jedi, (Aka Green Jedi) didn't always follow the way of normal Jedi did.

Corellian Jedi, or Green Jedi as they were known during the Cold War, were a reclusive sect of the Jedi Order serving the Corellian sector. Known for their distinctive customs and practices, the Corellian Jedi were highly independent from the Order's central governing body, the Jedi High Council. Holding the well-being of Corellia over that of the Galactic Republic, the Corellian Jedi often butted heads with their superiors within the Order over how certain situations should be handled and where their duty lay.

During the time of the Galactic Republic, the Jedi Order recruited from the worlds of the Corellian sector, primarily Humans from Corellia itself. While these Force-sensitives were held to the same standard as any other Jedi, a time arose where a minor schism caused a large group of Corellian-born Jedi to return to their homeworld to establish a highly-fortified enclave within Coronet City to serve as a base for their operations. Taking missions only within their home sector, the Corellian Jedi were noted for their patriotism and wearing green robes in honor of the old Corellian flag Developing their own customs such as the passing on of Jedi Credits from master to apprentice and to friends when a Jedi was elevated in rank he Jedi High Council was highly suspicious of the group's operations and saw them as even bordering on heretical.

Permitting marriages among their ranks, long legacies and bloodlines formed such as the Halcyon family which was noted for producing many powerful Jedi Masters. As their families were not strictly Forceful, the Corellian Jedi forged strong bonds with the Corellian Security Force and aided in the capture of local criminals and smugglers. Among the criminal underworld, the Corellian Jedi were known for a reputation of a cold, unerring sense of duty which did not often make them friendly or pleasant.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi

In the novel Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (which takes place 25,793 BBY) the Cathar race is very prominent in the Jedi Order. You find the Je'daii (not yet the Jedi) using traditional swords which will, over time, evolve into the lightsabers we're familiar with today.

I could definitely see the Warstaff having advantages in combat as it isn't very common these days and leaves room for plenty of unexpected attacks.

Edited by Kremsau