The trash skipping is staggering.

I think a better analogy is buying an 1,000 page book and skipping to ending, then saying the book is too short.

100% agree. Pages 1-985 were written by an illiterate drunk, and the last 15 written by Shakespeare.

Because it's fun.

The whole world doesn't revolve around winning virtual shinies.

If fun for you is running around as a Maraderp and Smash bombing everything in sight, then my hat goes off to you. But for me, challenging is fun. There is nothing challenging at all about trash in flashpoints.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If fun for you is running around as a Maraderp and Smash bombing everything in sight, then my hat goes off to you. But for me, challenging is fun. There is nothing challenging at all about trash in flashpoints.

There is nothing challenging about 99% of the game's content. If you only find fun in the remaining 1%, I pity you.

It's not a bad thing in itself (except when your newbie DPS aggro two packs and run toward you), but it shows how well the game was tested.

I'm quite sure it was done be design. You don't leave gaping holes in the mobs for no reason. They could easily block everything off but they don't.

I don;t mind skipping the trash in a HM or OP, I prefer to kill all the bosses, but I don't complain when we skip a few either.

What annoys me is PUGing a low level FP, for XP on a newer toon and they STILL skip half of the fights. I am not arguing for a full clear in every run, but I am in there for XP, I waited a while for the GF to pop and I would like to get a decent amount of XP for my effort.

And don't tell me all you want is the lvl 20 daily reward of planet comms, those things drop like crazy already.

If you want a challenge, play Ikaruga. This is an MMO. HM EC can be tough. Nightmare Pilgrim can be tough. Flashpoints? Not so much.

The only thing in this game that even remotely makes anything a challenge is stupid people. If people want a challenge, get a group full of undergeared stupid people and run ops with them (it's also funny to count how many times they stand in stupid and try to blame it on something else "WTH killed me? lol). If you find anything in the leveling process as a challenge then I am sorry.

Edited by H-aTreD

The only thing in this game that even remotely makes anything a challenge is stupid people. If people want a challenge, get a group full of undergeared stupid people and run ops with them (it's also funny to count how many times they stand in stupid and try to blame it on something else "WTH killed me? lol). If you find anything in the leveling process as a challenge then I am sorry.

You know what? I can deal with that. I'm colorblind. It's sometimes hard to see recticles, especially red ones on green grass.

People make mistakes. Sometimes they don't render the recticles, or they don't see them. That happens. That's not a problem.

You know what? I can deal with that. I'm colorblind. It's sometimes hard to see recticles, especially red ones on green grass.

People make mistakes. Sometimes they don't render the recticles, or they don't see them. That happens. That's not a problem.

Thanks for making my point for me. Color or not, you see a texture under your feet and you're taking damage so you somehow think it's okay to stand in it while taking damage and it's okay because you're colorblind?

Thanks for making my point for me. Color or not, you see a texture under your feet and you're taking damage so you somehow think it's okay to stand in it while taking damage and it's okay because you're colorblind?

When you're red/green colorblind, you don't see a texture at all man. You don't see anything different. They're the *same* color.

When you're red/green colorblind, you don't see a texture at all man. You don't see anything different. They're the *same* color.

Reguardless of color, fire still looks like... FIRE. If it moves like fire, looks like fire (even in black and white) it must be fire! That still doesn't count the fact YOU'RE taking damage. If your health bar is getting lower do you just stand around and go "Gee, I sure am losing quite a bit of health, wonder what's causing that *as you look around dumbfounded in confusion*" or do you move out of the area you're currently standing?

Let's be real honest here, if you're raiding and know the fights you should know the difference between a boss' AOE if/when it hits and standing in stupid or being attacked by an ad and should know when/where to move to if needed. If you're standing around in stupid and blaming it on you being colorblind, you're still blaming it on "something" which again proves my point.

• 1 month later...

Battle of Ilum and Taral V need a look at IMO, skipping a few trash mobs is okay but when people expect you to run around the edges all the way to the last boss it's annoying.

People who skip that much don't deserve the 5 BH comms at the end, bioware really need to sort these two flashpoints because it's technically an exploit rather than just trash skipping.

Battle of Ilum and Taral V need a look at IMO, skipping a few trash mobs is okay but when people expect you to run around the edges all the way to the last boss it's annoying.

People who skip that much don't deserve the 5 BH comms at the end, bioware really need to sort these two flashpoints because it's technically an exploit rather than just trash skipping.

How is legally skipping trash and exploit?

Trash is what it is....Trash.

Eh, I'm not against it if people are just running FPs for quick commendations.

It bothers me when people skip mobs, beat the flashpoint and complain about lack of content. :rolleyes:

Doing any HM FP after the umpteenth time isn't "content" so I can still complain about lack of content even if I'm skipping trash.

God this is what is stopping me from running HM FP's altogether. I just came back and started running my healer. Get into FP's and people rushing through skipping boss's to get to the end just for coms. Umm I am here for gear and not just for coms. I dont care if you in end game gear already or what not.

I will admit I left a few HM fp's due to this or even asked why we skipping. The worst comment I got back was " run EV op's or KP for gear not HM FP's". W t F! I dont mind skipping endless trash but not boss's.

So I am asking now ahead of it. If we are rushing to the just the end boss I am leaving. You can wait now even longer for another healer to come on. I will wait my 8 minutes till the next one pops up.

Edited by bravotwentysev

just increase agrorange again. If it was lowered in some patch as someone said in an earlier post, then skipping trash isn´t by design. In the world you can keep the lower agro range, but in FP the agro range should be what it was when the FP were designed.

I admit i´ll skip trash just as much as anyone. Exept maybe when i´m leveling an alt. But it´s not what the FP designer ment for us to do. The trash were put there as a gearcheck for bosses. That´s the way it has allways been. Some trash might have a minor version of a certain boss ability. They give hints at how that boss can best be beaten. I know people outgear FP theese days. But saying that skipping trash is by design is just not true. Not to this extent at least.

How is legally skipping trash and exploit?

Trash is what it is....Trash.

Battle of Ilum have six encounters with "champion" level enemies (ie.: bossfights) and four of them can be skipped entirely. Same with Taral V: three bossfights (not counting the bonus boss) can be skipped entirely.

That's not good design. Trash is trash but BoI has become ridiculous, my best time is something like 12 mins. And we didn't spacebar the final conversation... You can say that "just don't skip them" but when three people in your group wants to skip the bosses, you skip.

IMHO False Emperor is still the best designed FP by far. Some of the trash pulls are actually challenging, no boss is skippable and there's plenty of story content in it. A shame that Malgus is so effing weak.