Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

The second shield ?"

What second shield? A shield is something that absorbs damage. Sniper has 1.

You can avoid a RS.... It can hit for 5 k with stim... pt shield is on 2 mn cd, your *********** green ball is 45s.

Did you not read the thing i said about timing? Yes, you CAN avoid 1 ability. But you're somehow assuming that is a guaranteed chance when it is not.

To avoid a Railshot you need to predict when a PT is going to Railshot, given that you cannot merely use a blanket evasion due to its low duration. 3 seconds is not very long, it the PT does not Railshot in those 3 seconds, your cooldown is worthless.

"Oh its easy to know when he going to Railshot" you say? A sniper also spends all his time CASTING his damage abilities. Meaning that if you are in the middle of casting a snipe or an Ambush, you effectively have to cancel it when you think the PT might Railshot and use a global. Meaning that you might avoid a hit, but you're not doing damage either. The fact that you also have to cast abilities makes it more difficult to time your evasions.

Before you try to claim that its super easy to time an evasion perfectly, play a Sniper, otherwise you dont know what you're talking about.

PT is not a ranged class, you have to be so frustrated if you don't see it. PT is a mid ranged class. 4-10 m not more.

You have 4-5 30M range abilities.

You have 1 10M range ability.

Melee range is 4M. Therefore anything over 4M is considered ranged. Tell me again how PTs arent ranged.¨

For 8 s you have to find a better position. That s how sniper kill me sometimes (aoe and the bomb).

So by finding a better position i must assume you mean running back to gain distance, because nothing else would be remotely useful.

Its a good thing all of you 30m ranged abilities will have come off cooldown in those 8 seconds then isnt it.

find a good position for the cover....

Yes because you can always magically have an ideal wide open space to fight people in right. Fights also always take place on your terms.

Explain to me how a good position prevents LoS when you are immoble. Better yet explain to me what this good position is or how you get it because im pretty sure you dont know what youre talking about.

Edited by Gidoru

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying things that aren't true and blowing things out of context are trolling. I wasn't the only one that called you out on it. Yes, a level 12 vanguard is very easy to play, with that whole set of skills at your disposal.

None of the information I posted was untrue and none of it was blowing out of context because it was a personal experience of playing with the class. I believe I said something like "I can easily get about 275k-350k damage in warzones on my level 12 Assault Vanguard while my level 20 Sentinel struggles to break 200k damage."

This isn't a lie, this is a fact. I broke 275k damage three times last night on my level 12 Assault Vanguard, 2 times of which were over 300k damage. I also mentioned I wouldn't mind posting screenshots after playing tonight.

There is nothing unfactual or out of context about that statement at all that falls under "trolling."

Assassins can kill sentinel?I am just curius how i have sentinel and i never lost lost again assassins.And on my decaption assassin i cant kill sentinel.Maybe realy big noob with focus or combat but no way on watchman if i take them 1/3 hp i am happy lol.Maybe i use bad tree,or i dont know how play this class lol?o.o

I'm basing this on experience from dueling my guildies who, including me, all do very well in WZ's when it comes to numbers and objectives so it may be you or your spec. Or not knowing how to shut down a marauder... I know a fellow marauder in my guild gets worked by every time where another one we go back n forth. All the same spec other than maybe a couple pts here and there. What I do know is 2 of my guildies that have assassins put in some serious work on me until I pull out my PT. I'm not saying this is 100% true and obviously people are gonna complain no matter what logic you give them, but I've noticed this transfer over to WZ's as well. That little triangle of love isn't just exclusive to my guild from my experience. But it doesn't matter... people are gonna start a new nerf thread every time they lose a war zone. :rolleyes:

I'm basing this on experience from dueling my guildies who, including me, all do very well in WZ's when it comes to numbers and objectives so it may be you or your spec. Or not knowing how to shut down a marauder... I know a fellow marauder in my guild gets worked by every time where another one we go back n forth. All the same spec other than maybe a couple pts here and there. What I do know is 2 of my guildies that have assassins put in some serious work on me until I pull out my PT. I'm not saying this is 100% true and obviously people are gonna complain no matter what logic you give them, but I've noticed this transfer over to WZ's as well. That little triangle of love isn't just exclusive to my guild from my experience. But it doesn't matter... people are gonna start a new nerf thread every time they lose a war zone. :rolleyes:

Sorry but unless you are talking about Tank Assassins this is totally false. Assassins in general do not own or counter Marauder in any way. Too bad Tank Assassins are also overpowered and quite frankly total easy mode. I have an Assassin in full WH and have played all 3 specs extensively.

A Deception Assassin has literally no chance against an equally geared and skilled Marauder.

A Madness Assassin has a chance if played perfectly, or the fight goes slightly in the Marauders favors.

If you can consistently and easily beat a Marauder as a DPS Assassin then the Marauder is quite simply horrible. Given that a lot of FOTM players have rerolled Marauders this is unsurprising. I also have a full BM +2p WH Marauder and consistently beat decent DPS Assassins that outgear me.

Edited by Gidoru

Sorry but unless you are talking about Tank Assassins this is totally false. Assassins in general do not own or counter Marauder in any way. Too bad Tank Assassins are also overpowered and quite frankly total easy mode. I have an Assassin in full WH and have played all 3 specs extensively.

A Deception Assassin has literally no chance against an equally geared and skilled Marauder.

A Madness Assassin has a chance if played perfectly, or the fight goes slightly in the Marauders favors.

If you can consistently and easily beat a Marauder as a DPS Assassin then the Marauder is quite simply horrible. Given that a lot of FOTM players have rerolled Marauders this is unsurprising. I also have a full BM +2p WH Marauder and consistently beat decent DPS Assassins that outgear me.

That would mean that there are a lot of tank assassins on Swift Sure... but if they're that much better than the other specs, then why wouldn't there be? At the same time... I still kill these guys on my under geared PT, but not with my marauder. Personally I enjoy the game adn it will never be perfectly balanced but I'm fine with it as is so naturally I'm going to defend it. I've seen every class excel at this point but me putting in text on a forum isn't going to convince anyone here that it's a L2P issue even though that's how I feel about it.

Not sure why I respond to these honestly... :D

None of the information I posted was untrue and none of it was blowing out of context because it was a personal experience of playing with the class. I believe I said something like "I can easily get about 275k-350k damage in warzones on my level 12 Assault Vanguard while my level 20 Sentinel struggles to break 200k damage."

This isn't a lie, this is a fact. I broke 275k damage three times last night on my level 12 Assault Vanguard, 2 times of which were over 300k damage. I also mentioned I wouldn't mind posting screenshots after playing tonight.

There is nothing unfactual or out of context about that statement at all that falls under "trolling."

Telling me that explosive round is useful at 50, yes that's trolling. At level 12, you're given bolster which will increase your DR to somewhere 45-50%. And your base damage quite a bit to make up for the lack of talents, so yes running around in a warzone you can do quite a bit of damage playing team deathmatch in huttball or voidstar.

I can use my own personal expierence and tell how my railshots have even been deflected by a sorc. Or when a tankassin uses force shrould I can't do anything to them, let alone saber ward and deflection negating my damage completely. Or firing off a railshot at a sniper and seeing "cover" pop up. All it is, is hearsay.

LOL?

1.Sniper has 1 shield on a long cooldown that absorbs about 2k. For reference, Kolto Overload heals for more than that.

2. 3 second dodge will mitigate a grand total of 1 of your abilities assuming you time it right which is in no way guaranteed. Again long cooldown.

3. Snipers dont have 2 knockbacks, they have 1. How does a knockback help a Sniper if PTs have multiple 30M range abilities? Oh wait it doesnt.

4. 8 second CC helps you to escape, it doesnt help you to win a 1v1 fight, which is the issue at hand not running away.

5. 15% damage 'shields' is only on one spec.

6. Sniper can be immune to CC, while in cover, meaning they are immoble and if they leave cover they lose the buff. Have you ever heard of this cool thing called Line of Sight? Or this other cool thing called running out of range? Note this isnt 'escaping' as you are merely waiting out his cooldown while he stands there doing nothing.

If ignorance is bliss you must be in paradise. This post shows you have no idea how to play.

That would mean that there are a lot of tank assassins on Swift Sure... but if they're that much better than the other specs, then why wouldn't there be? At the same time... I still kill these guys on my under geared PT, but not with my marauder. Personally I enjoy the game adn it will never be perfectly balanced but I'm fine with it as is so naturally I'm going to defend it. I've seen every class excel at this point but me putting in text on a forum isn't going to convince anyone here that it's a L2P issue even though that's how I feel about it.

Not sure why I respond to these honestly... :D

The vast majority of Assassins play Tank spec because youre right, if it is that much better why wouldnt you play it. I can tell you that i dont play it because as i said its extremely easy and very few players will have a fair chance agaisnt you.

I dont think anyone expects PERFECT balance, i certainly dont. A lot of class match ups are currently in a decent spot where the outcome of a fight can go either way and this is fun.

But when you have glaring imbalances, such as Tank Assassins being able to easily kill certain classes while never dropping below 60-70% health, it needs to be fixed. I feel that PTs do represent a glaring imbalance as they are able to kill certain classes far too quickly. I also feel that Marauders need to fixed as well, namely Undying Rage being far too powerful.

Edited by Gidoru

If ignorance is bliss you must be in paradise. This post shows you have no idea how to play.

Thank you writing a one line response telling me i dont know how to play with no support, evidence or reasoning whatsoever to prove your claim. Clearly you have credibility.

Edited by Gidoru

Thank you writing a one line response telling me i dont know how to play with no support, evidence or reasoning whatsoever to prove your claim. Clearly you have credibility.

This has been gone over before, there is no point in me writing anything else because it won't help you. You reached a conclusion already and nothing that is written is going to change it.

Yet there is a point in making baseless claims for which you offer no support and therefore provide little reason to be considered as anything other than false or attempts at trolling?

What a convenient excuse, you wont argue rationally, not because you cant, but because there is 'no point'.

Yet you continue to respond. How nice. What is the point in that? I clearly cannot be swayed in my belief, so why bother posting at all?

To highlight what you have written so others can see the flawed arguments. Honestly how do you expect anyone to consider you credible when you purposefully ignore or discount the advantages one class has over another?

guyz. im the best player in swtor, take my word for it. i was doing this warzone and a powertech like 2 hit me! the whole warzone he was hitting me over and over with 5k+ rail shots and killing me a lot!! this is so OP guys, cuz my skillz are uber good and i never lose 1v1. powertech is so OP and ruining game balance.

bioware fix this or ill cancel my sub!!!!11!!!

^ you all still sound like this

You seem to be the one making baseless claims.

as to when to use your evasion, there are two big tells for burster phases. there's the opener which will have you get lit up with inc missile, letting you know the first railshot is incoming along with the thermal detonator, and then if you notice the lack of burst form them for a bit they're probably waiting for the cooldown on railshot to die to chain two procs, in which case you pop evasion after the first railshot, mitigating the rocket punch follow up ( I do believe RP is calculated as melee and not tech, but not positive) and also mitigating the second, procced railshot.

this is, of course, if you don't simply knock back the pyro and root him with legshot, disabling his ability to proc railshots by pushing him past the 10 meter threshold for flame burst.

also, if you're a marksmen you have a talented ability that reduces accuracy of target by 45% for 20 seconds, and a passive that lets you retain 20% extra ranged defense when you leave cover, allowing you to effectively pop in-and-out for the duration of the debuff. if he pulls you in with grapply, cover, pop the KB, hit with instant procced snipe, followthrough, 1 sec shorter channeled ambush as he attempts to re-engage for EXTRA knockback, hit with flashbang, hit with root. nice heavy damage dealer phase right there.

really there's no excuse for a sniper losing to a pyro unless they get caught dead-to-rights flatfooted, but if you're caught flat on your *** by any class you deserve to lose. only class this really doesn't work for is operatives, and that's cause people couldn't accept the fact that if you lone wolf it an operative was designed to chew you apart.

Edited by KBSIP

once again sir I agree with you, who wants to time their abilities based on what they may be encountering? SAVE THAT CRAP FOR PVE. we're redblooded PVP'ers and we like to only care about our own cooldowns and taskbars, paying attention to enemy skillsets and rotations is for scrubs.

Fact. You can use abilities like Energy Shield and Saber Ward with little to no thought about rotation or use of enemy skills because they are long duration abilities that provide overall damage reduction and last for a good portion of a 1v1 fight.

Fact. You cannot use Evasion in the same because it is a very short duration ability and only helps you to survive agaisnt white damage.

Therefore it seems pretty reasonable to assume that since Evasion is more difficult to use, given that it requires proper timing and the user to pay specific attention to enemy ability use, it seems pretty safe to say that Evasion requires more skill from the user to use properly than other cooldowns and is not guranteed to avoid damage as another cooldown might.

Hello everyone.

We've removed a number of posts from this thread and would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.

While we encourage civil discussion and debate, we do ask that you are constructive and respectful in your posts. Please do not create posts calling other posters trolls or make rude posts attacking other posters because you disagree.

If you feel someone is violating the rules of conduct on the forums, please report the post using the report post function and do not reply to it. Replying to rule breaking posts only continues to disrupt the discussion and is not constructive.

Again, we encourage you to discuss and debate, but please refrain from flame wars, rude and insulting posts or calling others trolls. If this thread continues to be disruptive and not constructive, we will have to close it for discussion.

Thank you.

Fact. You can use abilities like Energy Shield and Saber Ward with little to no thought about rotation or use of enemy skills because they are long duration abilities that provide overall damage reduction and last for a good portion of a 1v1 fight.

Fact. You cannot use Evasion in the same because it is a very short duration ability and only helps you to survive agaisnt white damage.

Therefore it seems pretty reasonable to assume that since Evasion is more difficult to use, given that it requires proper timing and the user to pay specific attention to enemy ability use, it seems pretty safe to say that Evasion requires more skill from the user to use properly than other cooldowns and is not guranteed to avoid damage as another cooldown might.

Fact: energy shield only reduces 25% of incoming damage

Fact: evasion mitigates 100% of incoming ranged and melee attacks

Fact: since we're talking snipers here, snipers engage at range and are thus not subjected to very heavy damage from a pyro as there is only 1 real rotation at range (TD, inc missile, railshot, rapid shots filler). this entire rotation is heat intensive (16+25+8) and is on a 15 second cooldown if the PT gets rooted.

Fact: when approaching a ranged target pyros are subjected to far larger amounts of damage while attempting to mitigate enemy kiting abilities, hence the longer duration but lower reduction of energy shield.

Extrapolation: a sniper can pop evasion in a CQC fight with the pyro and be pretty much guaranteed to mitigate a railshot if they pop it after a rocket punch, as that is the highest proc rate ability. this requires very little thought and comes down to simple reflexes of recognizing the RP and popping evasion. Similarly a pyro can pop energy shield whenever they are attacked and mitigate a portion of incoming damage over the duration. Neither ability requires skill to be useful, but both require skill to be optimally used.

simple concept for game mechanics: easy to learn, hard to master.

Fact: energy shield only reduces 25% of incoming damage

Fact: evasion mitigates 100% of incoming ranged and melee attacks

Fact. Energy Shield reduces ALL incoming damage by 25% for 12 seconds.

Fact. Evasion mitigates 100% of ONLY ranged and melee damage for 3 seconds.

Fact. You can easily avoid using your ranged or melee ability on a cooldown for the 3 seconds of Evasion to finish in a fight.

Fact. You cannot avoid using your abilities or cooldowns for 12 seconds in a fight agaisnt a Powertech.

You seem to be the one making baseless claims.

as to when to use your evasion, there are two big tells for burster phases. there's the opener which will have you get lit up with inc missile, letting you know the first railshot is incoming along with the thermal detonator, and then if you notice the lack of burst form them for a bit they're probably waiting for the cooldown on railshot to die to chain two procs, in which case you pop evasion after the first railshot, mitigating the rocket punch follow up ( I do believe RP is calculated as melee and not tech, but not positive) and also mitigating the second, procced railshot.

this is, of course, if you don't simply knock back the pyro and root him with legshot, disabling his ability to proc railshots by pushing him past the 10 meter threshold for flame burst.

also, if you're a marksmen you have a talented ability that reduces accuracy of target by 45% for 20 seconds, and a passive that lets you retain 20% extra ranged defense when you leave cover, allowing you to effectively pop in-and-out for the duration of the debuff. if he pulls you in with grapply, cover, pop the KB, hit with instant procced snipe, followthrough, 1 sec shorter channeled ambush as he attempts to re-engage for EXTRA knockback, hit with flashbang, hit with root. nice heavy damage dealer phase right there.

really there's no excuse for a sniper losing to a pyro unless they get caught dead-to-rights flatfooted, but if you're caught flat on your *** by any class you deserve to lose. only class this really doesn't work for is operatives, and that's cause people couldn't accept the fact that if you lone wolf it an operative was designed to chew you apart.

If you're a PT Pyro and you're not using LoS against an MM Sniper then you may want to rethink you're strategy. 1v1 in warzones a good PT Pyro will be using LOS on an MM Sniper and the Sniper will never be able to get into their damage rotation. I know this because I unspecced my Gunslinger's Sharpshooter spec and switched into Dirty Fighting precisely because there were a lot of PT Pyros effectively using LOS and their instant cast abilities to deal damage to me and almost completely keep me from dealing damage to them. In an open field, sure we have a chance, but in an open field in a Sniper's killzone no one is really hard to kill. In real game scenarios though a PT Pyro using the course around him will treat an MM Sniper like a bad joke.

Edited by DimeStax

Fact. Energy Shield reduces ALL incoming damage by 25% for 12 seconds.

Fact. Evasion mitigates 100% of ONLY ranged and melee damage for 3 seconds.

Fact. You can easily avoid using your ranged or melee ability on a cooldown for the 3 seconds of Evasion to finish in a fight.

Fact. You cannot avoid using your abilities or cooldowns for 12 seconds in a fight agaisnt a Powertech.

an 100% mitigated attack is useless, a 25% mitigated attack can still do significant damage. your two little facts at the beginning are redundant and exactly what I said, so I wonder why you felt it necessary to reiterate them uness you couldn't understand.

also, we're talking about 1 3 second cooldown + 1 20% DR cooldown for snipers (the shield dome) + 1 talented 45% enemy accuracy debuff cooldown + the passive defense bonuses of cover and the benefits of being at ranged.

If you're a PT Pyro and you're not using LoS against an MM Sniper then you may want to rethink you're strategy. 1v1 in warzones a good PT Pyro will be using LOS on an MM Sniper and the Sniper will never be able to get into their damage rotation. I know this because I unspecced my Gunslinger's Sharpshooter spec and switched into Dirty Fighting precisely because there were a lot of PT Pyros effectively using LOS and their instant cast abilities to deal damage to me and almost completely keep me from dealing damage to them. In an open field, sure we have a chance, but in an open field in a Sniper's killzone no one is really hard to kill. In real game scenarios though a PT Pyro using the course around him will treat an MM Sniper like a bad joke.

but I dont WANT to use line of sight, just like players dont WANT to keep pyros more than 10 meters away. just because there's a strategy that works doesn't mean I can't QQ about it, because obviously if that were the case this entire thread wouldn't exist.

an 100% mitigated attack is useless, a 25% mitigated attack can still do significant damage. your two little facts at the beginning are redundant and exactly what I said, so I wonder why you felt it necessary to reiterate them uness you couldn't understand.

also, we're talking about 1 3 second cooldown + 1 20% DR cooldown for snipers (the shield dome) + 1 talented 45% enemy accuracy debuff cooldown + the passive defense bonuses of cover and the benefits of being at ranged.

KBSIP do you play a Sniper or Gunslinger?

You can use a non ranged attacked to hit a Sniper during evasion and do FULL damage.

You cannot use any type of attack that will not be mitigated by energy shield

Once again, Evasion requires good timing to be effective, Energy Shield can be used blindly as a damage reducer throughout a fight.

Edited by Gidoru