Hybrid Shadow Spec 2.0

xIphonex

I cant justify more than 15 points in madness, and 1 of those points is wasted. Losing instawhirl is really sad. That was a big part of what made the madness hybrid worthwhile.

The other thing that's really bothering me is how hard it is to reach out-of-stealth spike. Spike is so incredibly useful! it's painful to consider losing it, especially when instawhirl is also gone.

That said, I'm still looking at a few decent hybrid options. 27/4/15 and 31/2/13 both seem viable as general-purpose builds.

Wakajinn is relatively unchanged (now 0/31/15), although I dont like this spec much for rated. Maybe for Voidstar offense, or for a desperation attempt at the off-node on Alderaan.

For Huttball, I'll probably run 33/11/2. I might use this in Voidstar defense too.

Wakajinn unchanged? Any surging charge spec that doesn't take voltaic slash is pretty much garbage now.

But I'll agree to the possibility that the dark maul variation may be the best huttball spec for now, I've ben using that in huttball for months and it seems to be mostly left intact.

Did a dps parse on my warzone training dummy in my ship using only the gear given freely on the PTS.

Deception: 2300+

Madness: 2200+

Darkness: 1500+

This was with no relics and a few mistakes here and there, so the numbers can be improved a bit. Deception definitely has the highest total damage output atm though. Darkness will improve greatly when it has the force to use it's moves. (bioware posted saying they will improve darkness force management)

So there's some numbers for you, and yes deception higher than madness is accurate.

Edited by JP_Legatus

The problem with all these trees for hybridization now is that you now have to essentially waste points to achieve the talents higher in the trees that you want. Getting to FiB requires complete point wastes for tank or wakajinn hybrids. Running up the tank tree to get in combat spinning kick/spike requires using lackluster talents since it is now above harnessed shadows and force break, neither of which are useful without Slow Time. I'm not saying hybrids will be completely gone, but they've lost much of their potency, and will be reduced to situational use at best. The loss of instant lift really puts it over the top, not to mention reducing the meager control that balance already possessed.

The problem with all these trees for hybridization now is that you now have to essentially waste points to achieve the talents higher in the trees that you want. Getting to FiB requires complete point wastes for tank or wakajinn hybrids. Running up the tank tree to get in combat spinning kick/spike requires using lackluster talents since it is now above harnessed shadows and force break, neither of which are useful without Slow Time. I'm not saying hybrids will be completely gone, but they've lost much of their potency, and will be reduced to situational use at best. The loss of instant lift really puts it over the top, not to mention reducing the meager control that balance already possessed.

Pretty much this, but the huttball hybrid still works. It's actually improved since you can now get both sith defiance points and still grab low slash, in addition to having a shield that works and being able to teleport with the ball...while stunned. Lol.

Godmode huttball sins in 2.0.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Like I said in the other thread, there's no way they are going to let us keep being able to teleport with the ball... At least I would hope they aren't that stupid... But again, how long has everyone been waiting for bubble stun/smash nerfs? :p Maybe it will go through and huttball will be all about who can get the ball to their assassin tank the most times!

I found some interesting numbers through some parses ive done, and correct me if im making noob mistakes in these parses, hense the odd outcome, but im getting numbers like these on the pts:

0/18/28: 2311 dps http://www.torparse.com/a/141262/time/1361677183/1361677466/0/Overview

8/2/36: 2275 http://www.torparse.com/a/141262/time/1361675611/1361675897/0/Damage+Dealt

7/36/3: 2059 http://www.torparse.com/a/141262/8/0/Damage+Dealt

i tried the 0/18/28 for ***** and giggles cuz i missed having a maul proc mixed in a madness rotation, and it ended out doing pretty well, on account of having to use far less saber strikes. Both of the other specs have energy problems after a certain degree of time.

im running with 1161 force bonus damage, 28.41% melee crit, 73.69% surge, and 97.15% accuracy

I would prefer to have 35% crit and more surge, but the current gear available doesnt offer that much stat.

I found some interesting numbers through some parses ive done, and correct me if im making noob mistakes in these parses, hense the odd outcome, but im getting numbers like these on the pts:

0/18/28: 2311 dps http://www.torparse.com/a/141262/time/1361677183/1361677466/0/Overview

8/2/36: 2275 http://www.torparse.com/a/141262/time/1361675611/1361675897/0/Damage+Dealt

i tried the 0/18/28 for ***** and giggles cuz i missed having a maul proc mixed in a madness rotation, and it ended out doing pretty well, on account of having to use far less saber strikes. Both of the other specs have energy problems after a certain degree of time.

im running with 1161 force bonus damage, 28.41% melee crit, 73.69% surge, and 97.15% accuracy

I would prefer to have 35% crit and more surge, but the current gear available doesnt offer that much stat.

Way too much saber strike. You need to drop the charge damage talent and add the reduction to shock and VS cost. I'm pretty sure I never used saber strike in my deception rotation. Best spec is 5/36/5, got 2330 on second try and didn't really maximize it very well. Not using anything other than the free gear on the PTS (no relics/adrenals/stims).

The problem with our trees right now is they all proc on something (usually thrash) that our energy pool has trouble activating. Because of the proc reliance, using saber strikes in your rotation will drastically reduce your damage output, and that's the case for all the specs. I'm still waiting to see what BW does to the darkness tree to fix the force issues, but in the meantime you need 5/36/5 to make the most out of our procs.

Frankly I'm surprised you were able to get anything besides deception over 2300. I'm guessing if you specced it right and rotated properly you'd easily finish over 2400 or 2500 dps.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I'm not terribly surprised that spec parsed well. The shadow strike damage should more than make up for the sever force. The problem is the amount of execute damage you'd give up in non dummy situations.

My guess is that it won't be worth it for that reason alone.

I agree with Plaje, 5/36/5 looks the best on paper, and his numbers back that up.Not to mention the small execute bonus it will receive as well as cheaper spinning strike. Still we're very much in the early days of all this, and there is still potential for change.

Forgot to add, what I'm really curious about is how much alacrity benefits us, does anyone have any data on this? My thought was basically same stats as now but dropping surge to 74 or 75 percent and picking up alacrity to fill that.

Thoughts?

Edited by KidMcClaren

The problem with our trees right now is they all proc on something (usually thrash) that our energy pool has trouble activating. Because of the proc reliance, using saber strikes in your rotation will drastically reduce your damage output, and that's the case for all the specs. I'm still waiting to see what BW does to the darkness tree to fix the force issues, but in the meantime you need 5/36/5 to make the most out of our procs.

Frankly I'm surprised you were able to get anything besides deception over 2300. I'm guessing if you specced it right and rotated properly you'd easily finish over 2400 or 2500 dps.

I tried this spec and still am hitting the low 2100's and having to saber strike to fill in the times my Dark Embrace rotations are on cooldown. the fact is, 50% chance to regain 10 force from an ability that costs 10 force in itself, only gives me a net gain of 12 force in that second, which is quickly spent on another voltaic. The only time you wont be starved is when dark embrace is active (for a grand total of 6 lousy seconds). But i also failed to notice you mentioned your hitting a warzone trainng dummy, where all my parses were from an operations training dummy. I still dont understand how you got away with never using saber strike, so if u could link a torparse file so i could take some notes, that'd be great. :)

Wakajinn unchanged? Any surging charge spec that doesn't take voltaic slash is pretty much garbage now.

But I'll agree to the possibility that the dark maul variation may be the best huttball spec for now, I've ben using that in huttball for months and it seems to be mostly left intact.

Did a dps parse on my warzone training dummy in my ship using only the gear given freely on the PTS.

Deception: 2300+

Madness: 2200+

Darkness: 1500+

This was with no relics and a few mistakes here and there, so the numbers can be improved a bit. Deception definitely has the highest total damage output atm though. Darkness will improve greatly when it has the force to use it's moves. (bioware posted saying they will improve darkness force management)

So there's some numbers for you, and yes deception higher than madness is accurate.

As I have said previously deception is now longer that, "recklessness have everything proc dead," spec any more it is more sustained dps than anything... I only ran it for a couple of warzones but I hated it. Full darkness seems to be the way to go in my opinion. Face-to-face mauls, 6k shocks, etc.

Madness does seem alot of fun now... to bad they took out unearthed knowledge. .-.

As I have said previously deception is now longer that, "recklessness have everything proc dead," spec any more it is more sustained dps than anything... I only ran it for a couple of warzones but I hated it. Full darkness seems to be the way to go in my opinion. Face-to-face mauls, 6k shocks, etc.

Madness does seem alot of fun now... to bad they took out unearthed knowledge. .-.

Yeah this pretty much sums up my feelings about it, but the darkness tree is kind of retarded right now because you can't use all the talents in the tree - they cost too much force. You can still run the old darkness, but nobody is going to be making use of energize and the new maul talent because it's too expensive.

When bioware fixes the force issues I think that spec will be tops in terms of 1v1, deception in terms of single target dps, and madness will be a tab-dotting dps pressure spec (squishy and most likely useless).

Edited by JP_Legatus

Yeah this pretty much sums up my feelings about it, but the darkness tree is kind of retarded right now because you can't use all the talents in the tree - they cost too much force. You can still run the old darkness, but nobody is going to be making use of energize and the new maul talent because it's too expensive.

When bioware fixes the force issues I think that spec will be tops in terms of 1v1, deception in terms of single target dps, and madness will be a tab-dotting dps pressure spec (squishy and most likely useless).

good that i have a 50 sniper :p shadow/asssasin are getting the short straw so far in the xp.. we are the new mercs/commandos ;)

lainon

Way too much saber strike. You need to drop the charge damage talent and add the reduction to shock and VS cost. I'm pretty sure I never used saber strike in my deception rotation. Best spec is 5/36/5, got 2330 on second try and didn't really maximize it very well. Not using anything other than the free gear on the PTS (no relics/adrenals/stims).

Can I ask what gear you're using?

I'm using my Min-Maxed PVP setup from Live plus the Partisan Implants/Earpieces.

My crits on the parses I do always tend to be around 20% because my actual crit is around 18% buffed.

Can I ask what gear you're using?

I'm using my Min-Maxed PVP setup from Live plus the Partisan Implants/Earpieces.

My crits on the parses I do always tend to be around 20% because my actual crit is around 18% buffed.

I had the stock arkanian stalker set which gets a bonus to crit chance of VS and just plain does more dummy damage. The bonus and melee crit buff gave my VS about a 50% crit chance when the buff was up. I can't actually remember but I don't think I had a stim. It wasn't min/maxed gear either, but it had the pve stalker set bonus which is important.

I explained how I did it in one of the threads that now has like 50 pages, but basically the procs are really stupid. It's not only important to low slash/maul whenever possible, you also really have to concentrate on your surging charge procs so you don't waste any. You should be able to discharge every 6-9 seconds and in some cases discharge before using your maul or shock procs to prevent wasting surging charge hits. Using your cooldowns intelligently is also stupidly important in this spec now to max the dps.

While I'm pretty sure I can beat the top parse in the list if I put some effort into it, the stalker gear is no longer given freely away (I deleted mine to do some naked warzones the day before bioware removed it) and I don't want to min/max anything. On top of that, it's clear our dps trees suck balls anyways so it's a wasted effort.

Bottom line: 2200 dps is about what most people should be doing without going really overboard, and the spec isn't even fun anymore.

Edited by JP_Legatus