WTB 3.0 PvP Bone!

Josewales

Come on BW...give us something to chew on for 3.0. Unless the cupboards are bare....I sure hope not! Hanging around waiting and hoping for more than a new WZ has me for one hanging here by a thread. I sure hope BW brings in ORvR events similar to the Bounty pve. Or something to get us out in the open that's not isolated or FFA like Gree.

Anything?

ONLY a new WZ? I would actually be happy if it wasn't just a new arena and it was a WZ.

I would like them to bring back Illum daily/weekly or introduce new pvp planet with a daily/weekly. Valor farming is not an issue anymore and I have much stronger PC now to handle bigger battles.

I hope for different copy and pastes of the current game-modes... that's all i really want is more environments to look at for the current gameplay styles. That and more OW PvP and 8v8 Arenas. 8v8 arenas would be awesome.

i'd be totally fine with a re-skinned CW or NC. the one thing i would love is a new version of Voidstar. i love that warzone. by far my favorite (unless im on my jugg then either huttball wins :D )

Because 2.9 has 0 to do with PVP.

Yeah, but that didn't answer the question. They never release information about a patch before the previous patch is live.

Also holding cards close to the chest is extremely common in the software development industry.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Yeah, but that didn't answer the question. They never release information about a patch before the previous patch is live.

Also holding cards close to the chest is extremely common in the software development industry.

3.0 is supposed to be Makeb-sized. We knew lots about Makeb long before it was imminent.

PR policies change dude, since 2.0 they have been releasing zero information before the previous patch

Yes, I was replying to the person (you) saying "They never release information about a patch before the previous patch is live." which is historically inaccurate. Ok, now it's "They 'never' release information about a patch before the previous patch is live. - since 2.0". But there are other precedents - we knew about GSF well before it was released. Hell, we knew about Strongholds before 2.7. Arenas, too, were not a quick release - had a lot of pre-amble... The fact that we currently know almost zip about 3.0 is very suspicious and not consistent with recent marketing strategies (or past ones concerning major story expansions of which we've only had one other so far). That could be their marketing wanting to do it right without giving us time to build up too many over-expectations and/or surprise us as much as possible, which I'm not against per se, but that would be a departure from their past strats.

Edited by Savej

Yes, I was replying to the person (you) saying "They never release information about a patch before the previous patch is live." which is historically inaccurate. Ok, now it's "They 'never' release information about a patch before the previous patch is live. - since 2.0". But there are other precedents - we knew about GSF well before it was released. Hell, we knew about Strongholds before 2.7. Arenas, too, were not a quick release - had a lot of pre-amble... The fact that we currently know almost zip about 3.0 is very suspicious and not consistent with recent marketing strategies (or past ones concerning major story expansions of which we've only had one other so far). That could be their marketing wanting to do it right without giving us time to build up too many over-expectations and/or surprise us as much as possible, which I'm not against per se, but that would be a departure from their past strats.

Bioware's track record is not good, so I tend to just think this is the best we are going to get. I do not think they have resources to give pvpers what they would like unfortunately. Most of us wish for 8v8 to return, simply because it is more enjoyable but they refused to support that properly, even when they promised the community they would be adding cross server. Then they pulled the plug on it altogether after xfers, costing people more money in the process - which they happily took. Too many broken promises have made us all very cynical to the point where a lot of guys moved on or just play regs all the time. I would love for them to surprise me and and actually try and inject some life into the pvp, which is very good when all is said and done (despite what a lot of people say).

A good place to start would be to give us back 8v8 ranked, or add a solo queue for ranked 8v8 since more people enjoy warzones compared to arena. The numbers dont lie, look at how many people actually play arena in comparison to warzones. Why would you remove a feature that was enjoyed by the ranked players? Such a silly decision, possibly driven by economics or something to do with the code, gsf, or arena. Who knows? It was a just a very bad decision.

Bioware's track record is not good, so I tend to just think this is the best we are going to get. I do not think they have resources to give pvpers what they would like unfortunately. Most of us wish for 8v8 to return, simply because it is more enjoyable but they refused to support that properly, even when they promised the community they would be adding cross server. Then they pulled the plug on it altogether after xfers, costing people more money in the process - which they happily took. Too many broken promises have made us all very cynical to the point where a lot of guys moved on or just play regs all the time. I would love for them to surprise me and and actually try and inject some life into the pvp, which is very good when all is said and done (despite what a lot of people say).

A good place to start would be to give us back 8v8 ranked, or add a solo queue for ranked 8v8 since more people enjoy warzones compared to arena. The numbers dont lie, look at how many people actually play arena in comparison to warzones. Why would you remove a feature that was enjoyed by the ranked players? Such a silly decision, possibly driven by economics or something to do with the code, gsf, or arena. Who knows? It was a just a very bad decision.

FAct is bioware work on this game, in their free time, an mmo need constantly updates and work, this game will close in 1 year and half.