lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

Hey everyone,

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th.

-eric

Errr, hmm, the TLDR version says changes are right now, yet if it is actually read, it would appear the changes will be made on Tuesday during maintenance.

Does this mean I have PvP with pants on when I log on tonight?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, hmm, the TLDR version says changes are right now, yet if it is actually read, it would appear the changes will be made on Tuesday during maintenance.

You're taking the TDLR out of context... The TDLR is an overview of the synopsis, not meant to be taken literally as in right now...obviously.

Edited by Sweeet

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

So; my BH that has sat dormant in BM gear. I should probably just craft him some armor...

Quote: Originally Posted by Alex Modny

Gear vs. Skill

Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. Being ‘the best’ meant you had EWH with augments and no one could touch you. This situation was unfortunate because it made the PvP game too harsh on the ‘have nots’ and made the grind to EWH much more bitter because of getting your face pushed in the mud day after day. The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players. In 2.0 we don’t want to totally get rid of PvP gear progression, we still want a gear gap but we want to tone down how overpowered the top tier gear is versus the lower PvP gear so that the moment to moment gameplay is more enjoyable. We want everyone you group with to be contributors from a gear standpoint (them not responding to “inc grass 3” calls or not throwing you the Huttball when they are immobilized is something we can’t help :p). We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable. It is a balance act, sometimes it will slide too far on one side or the other and we will correct it but this methodology, the balance between skill vs. gear, will result in the most healthy PvP game and community possible for the long term.

Yes you've said that in a previous post in this thread. You still havn't answered to the question if the amount of stats and expertise people are getting from bolster is intender to work that way. (I'm always talking about lvl 55 warzones.) I see every day people in green gear or simply empty gear, having Partisan and above level stats, with ~1980-2k expertise. Is this working as intended?

You said you wanted to close the gear gap, but not elliminate it.

At the moment there is no difference between PvP and PvE gear. Heck, there's no difference even between PvP and 'empty gear" ...

No. You can wear whatever you want in your own house. I think it means we need clarification as to when this stuff goes live though. While these changes are not what I would call optimal if I were a lead designer, I'm not one, and I find these changes agreeable enough that I can enjoy the game again. /resub

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

You do realize that you have been selling +41 expertise crystal on GTN too, to people in levels 10-49? There are WAY MORE people than just the ones using wh/ewh who have these crystals, and now you tell things some people have bought with REAL MONEY are a disadvantage? Couldn't you give us an option to corvert our crystals to endurance/critical rating/power ones of the same colour? I just want to keep my level 27 operative shooting pink bullets without buying huge amount of cartel market items/buying one from the GTN for over 100k.

Oh and by the way, I hope you have removed those items from cartel market.

You're taking the TDLR out of context... The TDLR is an overview of the synopsis, not meant to be taken literally as in right now...obviously.

Well, it isn't exactly obvious. I wasn't sure if they fixed naked right off the bat (today/now) and will get the rest of the stuff on Tuesday or all of it was being done on Tuesday.

I'll do my laundry when I get home so at least I'll have pants if I need to wear them or not.

So am i understanding this correctly all wh/ewh is going to have its expertise removed on tuesday??

In typical BW fashion,

"if you didn't remove the mods from the original set"

I would please like Eric to tell us otherwise, but I am 99% sure, only non-moddable pieces will be changed....:mad:

You do realize that you have been selling +41 expertise crystal on GTN too, to people in levels 10-49? There are WAY MORE people than just the ones using wh/ewh who have these crystals, and now you tell things some people have bought with REAL MONEY are a disadvantage? Couldn't you give us an option to corvert our crystals to endurance/critical rating/power ones of the same colour?

It does seem fair to add a line of crystals to the PvP vendors that will give you exactly one crystal of any other stat, of the same color, in exchange for one Expertise crystal. The crystal you receive should be BoP, of course. This would not introduce any new crystals into the game or affect the larger market in any way, but it would let people who had the rug yanked out from under them after buying Expertise crystals trade them in for something they can use under the new system, without giving up the color they had. The "exchange program" should cover all crystals currently in game that have +41 Expertise as their stat, regardless of the source.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Well, it isn't exactly obvious. I wasn't sure if they fixed naked right off the bat (today/now) and will get the rest of the stuff on Tuesday or all of it was being done on Tuesday.

I'll do my laundry when I get home so at least I'll have pants if I need to wear them or not.

It was obvious after reading the entire post, however obviously not for some :rolleyes:

Yes you've said that in a previous post in this thread. You still havn't answered to the question if the amount of stats and expertise people are getting from bolster is intender to work that way. (I'm always talking about lvl 55 warzones.) I see every day people in green gear or simply empty gear, having Partisan and above level stats, with ~1980-2k expertise. Is this working as intended?

You said you wanted to close the gear gap, but not elliminate it.

At the moment there is no difference between PvP and PvE gear. Heck, there's no difference even between PvP and 'empty gear" ...

Forgot to mention that i can also provide pics if needed, with people in PvE gear having the same stats/expertise with people in Partisan.

Hey everyone,

-eric

I think this sounds fair .. but you could have avoided all of this as you knew you were pushing buggy code or code that would make the majority of your pvp player base upset .. it just doesnt make sense that you would want to alienate paying customers ..

So if we put it into customized gear we dont get the change? That is great that is.

"Still waiting on that heifer Julio!" comes to mind when I think about this issue (if they handle it the same way they did in the past)....:mad:

Just wondering if I should still hold out hope that they will do the right thing this time...