Flashpoints too fast

False Emperor, right?

Let's jump across the platform to skip a single elite droid that can be soloed by a dps, or shredded by a group of 4 in seconds.

OOPS Joe missed the jump and has to run back ...

got it in one!!

Pet Hate #2 - Choosing a platforming shortcut to bypass 1(!) mob (that the group has melted in less than 10 seconds every other time we've run accross it). Takes me longer to respawn and get back to them after I miss the landing. Gonna solo it next time :rak_09:

I always ask them to kill the droid and tell them nobody can make that jump,

Then when someone insists its easy I say go ahead, and right before they jump I range attack the droid putting the group in attack status and watch as their jump lands short and they die.

• 3 weeks later...
Scholomance was not more fun and engaging when there was more trash in it. I would say people burn out on content more quickly when an instance takes longer to complete.

Haha! Ya that one early on would take hours! And one bad pull... But I have to admit I miss it. Overall, probably my favorite instance tho my headpiece would take forever to drop...

I agree the FPs are getting shorter and shorter these dayz.. what a few of my guildies and i have started doing is 2 manning certain HMs to spice it up a bit.

I would TOTALLY give this a try if I weren't addicted to BH comms ...

Instead I pug FPs -- that can spice it up for sure.

;)

some of us have lives out side of this game. kids, wife, job. I personally would like the 30 min FP. dont have time to sit hour and half doing a FP.

I really really really hate that excuse.Do you only mow half the lawn and say "well i have a wife and kid and job"

That being said I skip trash and bosses whenever possible.

1.Trash doesn't give any tangible rewards bar the odd occasion to melt droids and beasts down.

2.I'd rather get my daily done fast, Pulling extra mobs cause they're there doesn't make sense when i could be done quicker.

3.Most bosses just are not worth killing, No cash drops (i dont need it) no decent comms (tionese lol) no matts etc etc and no drops even for a fresh 50 (daily mods etc are better normally)

4.The end boss only drops decent gear.

5.And most importantly. Dealing with pugs is painful I really don;t want to be in there longer than i have to.

1-4 are fixible by Bioware (but i honestly dont see them making it as rewarding as ops) but the most important one #5 is not fixable.

If the OP wants to lengthen out his FP experience feel free to dredge up the worst players on your server, I bet it will take forever to get done.

EDIT: after a few minutes thought of how much trash I skipped in Wow, it's been a common thing since I started at the end of vanilla. Scholomance,HMGT ,Hshatt halls, BT demon packs before akama,ICC the list goes on. In alot of these cases you really didn't want to be skipping trash (they had nice Boe's,gems etc) but it was better for the group to be focussing on getting the instance or OP done.

Edited by Karasuko

i know someone used to say flashpoints were too long and they had too much trash. And while i agree to some point that a flashpoint shouldn´t take as long as an operation, and should take about the same amount of time i just hate how ever piece of trash and every possible boss is beeing bypassed theese days.(talking pugs here)

The big plus about longer FP is that it extends content a bit. When FP are speeded that much up, people get tired of them that much faster. So if people get in 3 times as many FP every evening they get bored with them 3 times as fast. And they get gear 3 times as fast wich also would have kept them dooing FP.

If FP were too long compared to operations, the fix was not to make FP faster, rather make operations longer.

Flashpoints are fine as they are and should not exceed 30min to complete, skipping unessecary content is normal as most players are there for the daily and have better things to do. HM EV & KP take my group just over an hour to complete now. it sounds like to me that rather than complaining about FP durations you should just find yourself a half decent raiding guild to raid instead.

Flashpoints are fine as they are and should not exceed 30min to complete, skipping unessecary content is normal as most players are there for the daily and have better things to do. HM EV & KP take my group just over an hour to complete now. it sounds like to me that rather than complaining about FP durations you should just find yourself a half decent raiding guild to raid instead.

Quoted for Truth

This is 100% what the OP should be doing.

Ok, so you dont agree with me. I´m ok with that. I still wish BW had made an effort to make longer OP´s instead of shorter FP. 30-45min is ok for a FP imo. The problem with that is compared to the rewards you get from an OP the FP should take like 15min. max.. So i agree the rewards make it ok that FP are short. It´s probably about the right ratio where time spend is concerned.

So while you dont agree, i still think FP are too short. Not compared to current OP´s. But then i think OP´s are way to short.

i know, but imo there´s just too much that can be bypassed, i dont do FP for the loot, it´s the "story" of the FP and it is a bit destroyed when so much is bypassed. Some are worse than others ofc, taralV seems to be bad.

dont realy know if it can be fixed. I´m sure many people would be agry if lets say agro range was made twice as big in FP so bypassing would be alot harder. i´d kinda like it.

Then maybe you should join a RP guild, instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else. I mean exactly how many times do you have to run an FP "for the story" of it? Some people are doing it (actually the majority of people) to get their BH comms, and get on to other things.

If you want to do it with "for the story" find a couple like minded people, and group and and take your time. But don't try to say everyone should be forced to do something like that every time. Its bad enough we are forced to accept that in almost every HM FP, there is at least 1 person that wants to watch everything, but now you are asking to make them even longer?

Just out of curiousity, how long have you been playing this game?

legacy lv 42, if that says anything.

some FP i´m ok with. but others are just extreeme. in teral five your barely kill anything exept a bit in the last bunker.

I know lots of people just run FP for loot.(BHcoms) and skipping mobs is a fast way to get your coms. I just think it´s a poor design. Dont make it so you can skip allmost all trash. Teral five is by far the "worst".

We skipped alot of trash in WoW too, but the way instances were designed you had to kill like half the trash anyways. you killed the group in 1 side of the room and left the mobs in the other side. Not like in swtor where you can pass between two groups.

I don't agree with making them longer or adding more trash or whatever. I just think they should remove any trash/bosses you can skip because I just find it really annoying when I'm just chilling, alt-tabbing and such and some hardcore elitist baddie is spamming in all caps spacebar and then everyone going as fast as they can on speeders skipping 90% of the instance. Yeah, sometimes I'll be fine with rushing through, but when every run is me not being able to have a nice relaxing run where I don't have to mash buttons every second I just quit the group and log off to go do something in real life more fun, and more importantly, more relaxing. Edited by Eyesmindassassin

I don't agree with making them longer or adding more trash or whatever. I just think they should remove any trash/bosses you can skip because I just find it really annoying when I'm just chilling, alt-tabbing and such and some hardcore elitist baddie is spamming in all caps spacebar and then everyone going as fast as they can on speeders skipping 90% of the instance. Yeah, sometimes I'll be fine with rushing through, but when every run is me not being able to have a nice relaxing run where I don't have to mash buttons every second I just quit the group and log off to go do something in real life more fun, and more importantly, more relaxing.

so true. it has turned into a race where new or gearing up 50s can expect to only roll on a drop at the end boss to gear up as everything is skipped. if i waited 30min in queue to do a hm i kinda want to ENJOY the experience no matter how many times i have done it on how many 50s. thankfully i try to do as many as i can with my guildies.