A SWTOR vs GW2 Comparison

waterboytkd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played GW2 long long ago but decide to leave (even if I pay no sub). I enjoy the PvP in the game especially WvWvW (large scale PvP which unfortunately and sadly is missing in SWTOR). The only SINGLE reason I decided to leave GW2 is that it required you to PAY FOR GEAR REPAIR in the event of death in WvWvW. I cannot take this nonsense and decided that I will want to have no linkage to that individual in GW2 who decided that paying for GEAR REPAIR in PvP (large scale PvP) is a good idea.

SWTOR will always win GW2 in my own opinion because you don't have to pay for gear repair for PvP death. That in itself is enough for me to pay monthly sub for SWTOR against playing for free in GW2. I will pay for sub but I WILL NOT PAY FOR GEAR REPAIR in GW2 WvWvW.

What a foolish comment and it was made in CAPS lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ciarayn View Post

Does GW2 still require you to pay for gear repair in pvp? They removed that requirement years ago in pve, and it might be the same for pvp?

Correct. You don’t have to pay for repairs in pvp anymore.

If you do not know what you are talking about and you refuse to gain knowledge (google), especially about something you write in CAPS for then please sit down.

Thanks!

I thought the GW2 Community was okayish until the pitchforks came out when a story dev got into an argument with an influencer or something on her private twitter. Granted she seemingly overreacted and wasn't exactly polite, but the level of hatred that followed was... just wow. A lot of people felt personally insulted and reacted accordingly. I thought it was scary.

One can debate whether she deserved to be fired for what she said. That being said, she was the original source of toxicity in that instance and insulted not only an ArenaNet partner, but a good chunk of the playerbase. That doesn't excuse certain responses to her tweets, but let's not paint her as a victim of anything but her own poor decision...

SWTOR? There are bad eggs, but all in all is okay

Edited by azudelphi

The main reason that turned me off about GW2 is that there's not a lot of fashion choices there, not to mention the medieval looking style which is not really my type. :o

Outfit designer is really a brilliant addition in SWTOR. Well done. *claps*

The main reason that turned me off about GW2 is that there's not a lot of fashion choices there, not to mention the medieval looking style which is not really my type. :o

Outfit designer is really a brilliant addition in SWTOR. Well done. *claps*

GW2 has the best dye system of any MMO in my view... yet fashion sucks in GW2 for the most part. But yeah.. I agree with your critiques.... and I personally just did not like the races offered.

Edited by Andryah

GW2 has the best dye system of any MMO in my view... yet fashion sucks in GW2 for the most part. But yeah.. I agree with your critiques.... and I personally just did not like the races offered.

The dye system is by far the best I’ve ever seen in a game and yet the fashion at lower to mid lvls is really bad. The only way around it is to pay for skins, which you can’t mix and match like you can in swtor.

The races were a little lame, but the customisation option of the characters are much more advanced than swtor. I will say the graphics are well done and the engine seems smooth. Both of which make WoW look like an 80s kids cartoon.

The mount system in GW2 is the best I’ve ever seen. The movement of them feels real and totally immersive.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 5 months later...
GW 2 Mount system is the best mount system ever made. Its simply sublime. I only have unlocked the first mount, the raptor which is animated beautifully. The run speed and the way it leaps a decent distance is wonderful. There are various mount types for various terrain traveling ( eg: manta ray that allows water surface riding) and once you receive the mount ( via quests) on your main doing the latest expack (where you obtain all the various mounts) it becomes available to use (at no extra cost) for all your characters.

Brief intro to mounts:

More detailed info:

Sorry to super necro this old thread but its not called mounts online, there is no real mounted combat, you do not feed them or more, yea its a strong point but it does not make the rest of the game worth it at all, especially to me, gw2 has to be one of the most shallow and boring leveling experiences ever, the masteries are not incentive enough, they should be something along side of leveling more stuff to do with combat.