Massed PvP Battlegrounds please?

Vakh

Question: Will there ever be massed PvP battlegrounds similar to Alterec Valley in WoW in SWTOR?

I miss those huge battles over a large battleground that you used your mount to get around and had multiple 'flag' and choke points. Just wondering if in the future there will be the scope for this, or is the SWTOR engine not geared for that kind of stress?

Regards Vakh

Question: Will there ever be massed PvP battlegrounds similar to Alterec Valley in WoW in SWTOR?

I miss those huge battles over a large battleground that you used your mount to get around and had multiple 'flag' and choke points. Just wondering if in the future there will be the scope for this, or is the SWTOR engine not geared for that kind of stress?

Regards Vakh

To be honest mass pvp like that is too zergy for me to enjoy, need some way to spread people out a bit and make it so that melee have a chance to get in close without getting exploded. Ilum used to be like that but lagged a lot, but they've made several performance changes since then.

Regards Vakh

I'm guessing you weren't around for launch. Not a criticism. We had this. If you've done the Gree even the entire map was what you're talking about. Not just the middle PvP area in the current Gree event. But the entire upper and now unused lower portion.

It was a dissaster. Eric Musco admitted to me in person that the engine couldn't handle it. And in an interview posted last week a dev said they had no plans to pursue this any time in the future.

I'm not sure how many people know this, but WoW was rewritten with a new engine several years after its launch. This is what it will take. Essentially the game being rebuilt on a new engine from scratch several years into the future. But it would take the game becoming very very popular for them to invest in this. Basically it's not going to happen.

I'm guessing you weren't around for launch. Not a criticism. We had this. If you've done the Gree even the entire map was what you're talking about. Not just the middle PvP area in the current Gree event. But the entire upper and now unused lower portion.

It was a dissaster. Eric Musco admitted to me in person that the engine couldn't handle it. And in an interview posted last week a dev said they had no plans to pursue this any time in the future.

I'm not sure how many people know this, but WoW was rewritten with a new engine several years after its launch. This is what it will take. Essentially the game being rebuilt on a new engine from scratch several years into the future. But it would take the game becoming very very popular for them to invest in this. Basically it's not going to happen.

Even if the engine could handle it would have still been lame, you couldn't use the vehicles :(

Thanks for the feedback guys, that's pretty much what I thought.

Crying shame though, I know there were issues with Alterec Valley in the day regarding certain classes etc. but it was still a lot of fun.

Incidentally I was around at the start, actually got my beta invite the day the game went live /doh backi in those days I was still learning the game and focused on PVE more, Ilum didnt interest me as I was an Aussie player on a US server, time differences being what they are.

Anyway thanks again for the info.

Regards

Vakh

Right now the engine is not able to sync 8 player warzones...

^^

Massed warzones would be horrible, because 8 player PvP is horrible since 2.0.

I keep hearing about WZ lag but have never experienced it and I've played since launch. Can't say I have had any lag issues at all except for the original Ilum pre optimisation.

I keep hearing about WZ lag but have never experienced it and I've played since launch. Can't say I have had any lag issues at all except for the original Ilum pre optimisation.

It's been a really big problem with the game for a while now.

It's an odd anomaly that a lot of lower end systems don't seem to be having issues that high end ones have.

Edited by spectreclees

Never going to happen.

This game cant handle even 16 players without lagging, let alone 32 or something.

Look at ESO, they show 200 players on screen at one time, but it will most likely be 100.