Ending Discussion

JD_Kidd

Everyone remembers the end of the Jedi Knight Storyline with the emporer about to become the most powerful being in the galaxy by absorbing all of the force found in all of the galaxy's life except his own, but after a cheap shot to the back, he brought a temple down on himsel right? My question is, if the emporer has had this plan for centuries, first off how can one person stop is, I mean he had to have thousands of contengency plans. Secondly, what would have happened if he succeeded? I mean they could have thrown in the Dark Side ending resulting in the emporer geting a cheapshot and succeeding. I was rather curious as to the new chapter into the power of the force that we could have seen. Sadly, the jedi pull an ace from the sleeve and ruin the emporer's plans. What people don't realise is that the force corrupts, even the Jedi. This is because Star Wars wouldn't exist without the epic conflict between the force wielders. The sith and jedi can wipe eachother out all they want, but until someone lets a genocide take place I see no resolution to the endless conflict known as Star Wars...

Even still, good game, awesome endings lol (I don't think anyone would have wanted to watch their 3 month old Jedi get owned :p) anyone else have any thoughts and/or comments over how the game ended?

anyone else have any thoughts and/or comments over how the game ended?

Well if I was in charge I would PO the majority of the people that play the Jedi Knight by

Starting the new expansion with the Jedi Knight confronting the true Sith Emperor in person and you end up killing him. The rest of the act would be about you going across the galaxy eliminating the top sith. At the very end of this expansion you would somehow be confronted by a Sith who turns out to be Satele Shan and whom ended up snapping you out of a trance which had you under the Emperor's control and the big reveal would be that you got pwned and controlled by the Emperor (I.E. You didn't kill him) and have been killing Jedi Masters not Sith left and right and you find out that your companions were kidnapped and replaced with Sith.

I think this would be an interesting and compelling story that would leave people on the edge of their seats for another expansion.

Edited by Tuscad

Everyone remembers the end of the Jedi Knight Storyline with the emporer about to become the most powerful being in the galaxy by absorbing all of the force found in all of the galaxy's life except his own, but after a cheap shot to the back, he brought a temple down on himsel right? My question is, if the emporer has had this plan for centuries, first off how can one person stop is, I mean he had to have thousands of contengency plans. Secondly, what would have happened if he succeeded? I mean they could have thrown in the Dark Side ending resulting in the emporer geting a cheapshot and succeeding. I was rather curious as to the new chapter into the power of the force that we could have seen. Sadly, the jedi pull an ace from the sleeve and ruin the emporer's plans. What people don't realise is that the force corrupts, even the Jedi. This is because Star Wars wouldn't exist without the epic conflict between the force wielders. The sith and jedi can wipe eachother out all they want, but until someone lets a genocide take place I see no resolution to the endless conflict known as Star Wars...

Even still, good game, awesome endings lol (I don't think anyone would have wanted to watch their 3 month old Jedi get owned :p) anyone else have any thoughts and/or comments over how the game ended?

I have one or two thoughts...

all the JK did was disrupt the Emperor's plans to wipe out billions on Belsavis,Voss and Corellia and set the plan back a bit. Next they fought the Emperor's Voice, not the actual Emperor and killed that, which was shocking to the Emperor,unexpected and weakened the Emperor's true body enough to force him to take time to recover, thus setting the plan back even more.

The JK believes the Emperor is dead, Scourge believes it, the Republic and a small few of the Imperials have heard that he is, but he isn't dead and the game most certainly did not "end" with that. Playing the SW confirms the Emperor is still alive.

Check out Ranadiel's Primer on the Emperor, it has collected information from the class stories, evidence from the game to support the fact the Emperor is still alive, and informed guesses to where the story with the Emperor is going.

Here's the link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056&highlight=Primer

Tuscad, your expansion idea in the spoiler was basically the end of Act II in the JK story in a nutshell, without the Satele cameo.

Edited by Temeluchus

I have one or two thoughts...

all the JK did was disrupt the Emperor's plans to wipe out billions on Belsavis,Voss and Corellia and set the plan back a bit. Next they fought the Emperor's Voice, not the actual Emperor and killed that, which was shocking to the Emperor,unexpected and weakened the Emperor's true body enough to force him to take time to recover, thus setting the plan back even more.

The JK believes the Emperor is dead, Scourge believes it, the Republic and a small few of the Imperials have heard that he is, but he isn't dead and the game most certainly did not "end" with that. Playing the SW confirms the Emperor is still alive.

Check out Ranadiel's Primer on the Emperor, it has collected information from the class stories, evidence from the game to support the fact the Emperor is still alive, and informed guesses to where the story with the Emperor is going.

Here's the link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340056&highlight=Primer

Tuscad, your expansion idea in the spoiler was basically the end of Act II in the JK story in a nutshell, without the Satele cameo.

I think of it as to a far more severe degree,

we heard the knight had done terrible things, but we never experienced them, but now that I have thought on it, it does sound way too much like the end of Act II.