ToFN DPS Leaderboard

I_Sithed_MyPants

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are just not getting it how that graph works: I did not hit with one single skill those 8.8k. Can you imagine that exactly at that point 2 dots popped and I landed a masterstrike/merciless slash?

Just look at the log what happened at second 19-20 of that fight:

16:11:19.509 Tman's Vorstoß hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 401 Energie damage, causing 401 threat.

16:11:19.885 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 382 Körperlich damage, causing 382 threat.

16:11:20.280 Tman's Gnadenloser Hieb critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 5183* Energie damage, causing 5183 threat!

16:11:20.486 Tman's Eiferschlag critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 851* Energie damage, causing 851 threat!

16:11:20.878 Tman's Unnachgiebiger Eifer heals Tman for 152.

16:11:20.878 Tman gains 1 .

16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 2416* Elementar damage, causing 2416 threat!

16:11:20.879 Tman's Lichtschwertüberladung effect of Brennt (Physisch) fades from Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5.

16:11:20.879 Tman's Unnachgiebiger Eifer heals Tman for 152.

16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 805* Körperlich damage, causing 805 threat!

If I add all those numbers I am even above 10k.

Edited by tman_ac

Yes, it does in watchman tree if it crits cause cauterize has +30% and + 15% dmg in it. Before you insult people and talk about something you obviously don't know go and test it on your own.

First you say: lol, you have a msterstrike which hits for 9k. Now you say cauterize can't hit for 2.4k. What's next?

Edited by tman_ac

16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 2416* Elementar damage, causing 2416 threat! LOL no way does a dot hit this.

Yes, they can. With all CD's up (Adrenal, Relic, and BT), and using the 4 set vindicator set bonus on my anni mara, I've had a 3 stack of Deadly Saber crit for OVER 3.2k.

Yes, they can. With all CD's up (Adrenal, Relic, and BT), and using the 4 set vindicator set bonus on my anni mara, I've had a 3 stack of Deadly Saber crit for OVER 3.2k.

Thanks, good to see there is someone who knows his class. The watchman/annhi tree is meant to maximize your damage on your burning skills, as those are your main dmg abilities.

we have powertechs in full 63 hitting 2k you are claiming to hit 300 dps more than them

Marauder / sentinel dps is still better than powertech's, so a 63 bis sentinel will be a fair bit above a powertech, also the closest pt / vanguard was Thoric and his post was from quite a while ago, so its unlikely he's bis 63.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

we have powertechs in full 63 hitting 2k you are claiming to hit 300 dps more than them its just obviously fake. I could go in my parser and just double all my hits claiming i hit 4k dps.

You obviously did not read what I wrote:

I made another like 50 dps tests. The range between the dps tests was always 2100 up to the 2288, which I never reached again. A normal value you should always reach as a watchman sentinel (BiS) is 2100-2150. However, this game is so random when it comes up to crits.

I made a s.hitload of dps tests, I always hitted 2.1 - 2.15k more or less easily. What I figured in all those tests is, that if you have only like 1% more crits your dps already raises a lot.

I don't know how this crit chance is actually calculated by the game. But I know for example that your crit chance for force attacks from sentinels is about 60%. So I just tried to be extra lucky. Figured out that my force crits varied from ~ 65% to above 70%. When I had 65% crits my dps was at that mentioned 2100 - 2150 dps.

The thing about this dps test in here is you have to be lucky for more than 5 minutes. So tell your powertech he should make as well around 50 dps tests and I bet in one test he will have that amount of luck in crits as well. Compared to my last dps test, where my overall crits were ~44% I did hit 2160 dps. There I wasn't even BiS (still really close to it) and then when I saw Teagan came to 48% I knew this would be possible with my sentinel as well in maybe 1/100 tries. Gladly, I did need "only" around 50 tries. While testing that much I could as well optimize my rotation a bit to really not waste any CD's.

So yes, have to agree: 2288 is really a high value, still I believe it's possible to even break 2.3k and go up to around 2320 if you can keep your luck with crits.

And seriously, I am not a cheater. It would firstly never come to my mind to cheat and 2ndly I would never waste time on changing text files.

This is just that one outrageous dps test I had, and I never did hit it after it again. Made another like 10 after this one cause I really wanted to break 2.3k, but fortune wasn't with me anymore. I spent around 130 attack adrenals the past days just for my dps tests, and it just sucks that you wanna try make me look bad just because you compare apples with bananas.

Edited by tman_ac

we have powertechs in full 63 hitting 2k you are claiming to hit 300 dps more than them its just obviously fake. I could go in my parser and just double all my hits claiming i hit 4k dps.

Lol you can't compare PTs to sentinels and say that's why he's cheating

Sentinels > powertechs easily. They're the best melee dps

Quite sad to see the direction where this thread is heading. Someone who has put the effort and time to show the potential of this amazing spec gets berated because 'oh noes you cheated'. If this is the best argument people have instead of pushing this top higher then I refuse to get into this leaderboard with parses. I got a pretty nice one and you will end up accusing me of cheating as well. The only 'cheat' I have done was spending 8 million turning my sentinel into the DD it can be.

I have met T-Man at the dummy several times before I knew he was such a skilled player. I just saw a sentinel with good gear and asked my question about overload dot refresh and he kindly explained. I spent more than a week on the dummy 4 hours a day learning watchman and it was inevitable not to meet T-Man. You guys keep QQ while some of us pew pew.

1. I noticed that your relics are the Elite War Hero ones, why not the Dread Guard that are "supposed" to be best in slot for sentinels, are the Elite War Hero that much better?

I tried both. In the end 2 EWH relics worked best for a 5 minutes fight. (at least I always did more dps with 2 ewh; can be as well that I was totally unlucky with crits in those runs with the activation relic) However, in PvE I am sometimes using 2 EWH relics and sometimes 1 EWH relic and the +350 power relic. It depends on the boss we have to face. If I am able to constant dps I use 2 EWH relics, for example on Kephess in TFB. At Bosses where I need higher dps at special phases I use one activation relic instead, like on Kephess in EC.

Alright that is understandable, will start grinding up some ranked coms then to get two and be able to shift them depending on bossfight, thanks!

2. Should I "Save" Zen for Overload Saber or/and should I save Overload Saber for Zen, I mean if I have 24-26 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown, should I use it or save for zen? Same with Zen, lets say I have 30 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown in 2-3s, should I save my stacks for it?

I am always doing it as you say the 2nd: If I see my overload saber's cd is soon done I wait these 1-2s before I activate Zen. Other way around, I never wait to use cauterize or overload saber cause it's your main dps abilities.

Thanks for the answer, I was really unsure about if I should save the dot/saber for zen, but thanks for clearing that up!

3. How much should I use force charge, every time it comes off cooldown as an focus builder or should I rather use strike?

Dunno what's force charge. You mean that single target attack with force?

Sorry, went to Imp Terms, I meant force leap.

4. Why is your parser site always in German, I cry for myself when trying to see your rotation, I studied English, Spanish and Italian, never German

My parses are in German cause I am German and my game runs in German language.

Ahh alright ^^

so where is iamviolents 2.3k parse?

On my own home server I am the owner of the highest Mara parses ranging above 2200 in carnage spec. I just recently went back to Anni and posted a few 2200+ parses as well. As for a 2.3k, I don't parse often enough to get that lucky with crits, T-man is truly lucky and very skilled. He has the highest BT parse in the world right now, and I myself have the highest non-BT parse in the world. Please, don't try to insinuate that I am bad or that anyone is cheating. Sentinels/Maras and GS/Snipers are the highest DPS specs in the game, PT's don't compare. On our server we have one who parsed at 2097 once, but never any higher. Stop calling people bad because you don't understand game mechanics.

On my own home server I am the owner of the highest Mara parses ranging above 2200 in carnage spec. I just recently went back to Anni and posted a few 2200+ parses as well. As for a 2.3k, I don't parse often enough to get that lucky with crits, T-man is truly lucky and very skilled. He has the highest BT parse in the world right now, and I myself have the highest non-BT parse in the world. Please, don't try to insinuate that I am bad or that anyone is cheating. Sentinels/Maras and GS/Snipers are the highest DPS specs in the game, PT's don't compare. On our server we have one who parsed at 2097 once, but never any higher. Stop calling people bad because you don't understand game mechanics.

I'm not calling him bad, if its true its a very good parse. I was just wondering as his rating is very low compared to what crit he on a parser. Yes there are more crit buffs in Anni but it was just outstandingly high crit. Also i never called him bad :rak_02:

Also I'm just amazed because people have gone from hitting like 1900 to 2300 in the space between 61 to 63 when looking at the gear, it looks like **** all difference. And maybe i over reacted towards him for this I apologise but I just know people who are near enough 63 BIS and hitting no way near that number. I also don'd doubt their skill because lets face it you can only be as quick as your global CD.

Its not only matter of gear, its matter of actually learning your class, knowing when exactly you can benefit from using something outside standard rotation, knowing when and how to spend additional resources, when to click your CDs, etc. It takes a while. I'd say this 200dps would be the difference from basic rotation to what is actually done

Crits aside ;)

Uhhh, just checked this thread after a long while, and I'm pretty confused with the current highest log :D

Sorry to say so, but... http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33766356.jpg

Look on "Heib" attack for example. Min hit = 2986, Max hit = 2986, yet it only has 44% crit and avg hit is 1147? Gnadenloser Hieb is even more wicked, 16.9% crit right... 4861 min hit - RIGHT :D Not to even talk about Vorstoß. Look on min hits of any other dual-wielder... that thing is either bugged or edited from the top to the end.

None of the min hits should be higher than 500 for a watchman, maybe except for force charge.

Edited by Samohnat

If you look at the log itself you see that all those skills have lower min hits. I don't know what's up with that overview page. But I can assure you I did not change anything. Here are some numbers from the log itself:

16:11:02.506 Tman's Gnadenloser Hieb hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 451 Energie damage, causing 451 threat.

16:11:13.083 Tman's Hieb critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 406* Energie damage, causing 406 threat!

16:11:16.409 Tman's Vorstoß hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 387 Energie damage, causing 387 threat.

Basically those numbers should be the value at min hit. (only searched for the first low numbers in the log, it's possible there is even a lower number)

So that overview page is ****ed up, I have to agree. But as I said before, if you look at the log itself you will see all the values. However, I think min hit should be for all (except force attacks) 0 cause of dodges/misses.