Illum 2.0 in January?

Chrisarn

The Question is simple. Is Illum 2.0 aka the revamp still slated for January Release? Gabe mentioned January release. This game is in need of some kind of Outdoor PvP incentive.

PvP haven't gotten a lot of love lately, and my second question is, Rated PvP Season 1, will that include Solo QUE aswell? I find it very hard to get 8 people on and when I do, the ques are farely long.

Edited by Chrisarn

The whole point of Ranked is to get 8 people who are the competitive and coordinating together. If you had a ranked solo queue, you would get smashed by a guild of 8.

Then there would be more QQ threads than there already are on the forums.

If you want solo vs solo ranked... it is called queuing up for a warzone solo, with a stat count (which they probably won't implement)...

The whole point of Ranked is to get 8 people who are the competitive and coordinating together. If you had a ranked solo queue, you would get smashed by a guild of 8.

If you want solo vs solo ranked... it is called queuing up for a warzone solo, with a stat count (which they probably won't implement)...

The were gonna implement solo que Ranked, but pulled it because they dident have enough testing on it. Solo que is even mentioned in the PvP menu ingame, that Season 1 will bring it. Solo que'ed will not meet 8 premade. Think of it like how League of Legends does it. There is 5v5 Ranked and Duo/Solo que Ranked. The same idea would work in SWTOR if they only could get enough players.

They should have seperate rating for Solo que and Premade que. Then I think people would do solo when they are bored or alone, and Premade when their players are there.

Do you think this is unreasonable? I think this would be a great idea to help the PvP in this game.

BioWare, at the Fansite summit you talked about Online PvP Tournaments, is that comming or is that scrapped? GW2 has tournament and something like that would be a great addition to the PvP in this game.

The Question is simple. Is Illum 2.0 aka the revamp still slated for January Release? Gabe mentioned January release. This game is in need of some kind of Outdoor PvP incentive.

PvP haven't gotten a lot of love lately, and my second question is, Rated PvP Season 1, will that include Solo QUE aswell? I find it very hard to get 8 people on and when I do, the ques are farely long.

Gabe mentioned the possibility of Ilum 2.0 in January, but he was also quick to back off of that being a definite date for anything, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Word is that the next 1.6 update is going to be a PvP update, with the new Ancient Hypergates WZ and the launch of Rated Season One. But there is no official word on this. I have also seen no mention of a solo queue for any upcoming updates.

Gabe mentioned the possibility of Ilum 2.0 in January, but he was also quick to back off of that being a definite date for anything, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Word is that the next 1.6 update is going to be a PvP update, with the new Ancient Hypergates WZ and the launch of Rated Season One. But there is no official word on this. I have also seen no mention of a solo queue for any upcoming updates.

Ancient Hypergates is confirmed to come in 1.5 - Because they said it will come out this year, and with their 6 week release plan, there is only 1.5left this year.

Solo que is mentioned INGAME to come in Season 1, lets just see what they do with that. The League of Legends way of queing is very good. Maybe something they should look into.

Ancient Hypergates is confirmed to come in 1.5 - Because they said it will come out this year, and with their 6 week release plan, there is only 1.5left this year.

Solo que is mentioned INGAME to come in Season 1, lets just see what they do with that. The League of Legends way of queing is very good. Maybe something they should look into.

source on the confirmation of AH in 1.5?

it definitely isn't on the 1.5 PTS

Ancient Hypergates is confirmed to come in 1.6 - Because they said it will come out this year, and with their 6 week release plan, there is only 1.5left this year.

EDIT: ment 1.6

Solo queue was mentioned ingame, however bioware removed any reference of it being added for S1 quite some time ago. So we'll have to see.

May i ask, whats the point of normal warzones if u can queue solo to play rankeds? :)

LOL. Exactly. Solo ranked que would just simply replace/be the death of normal warzones. People just want to be able to get ranked warzone comms if they dont have 7 friends.

The only way this would work is if they differenitate players by using expertise. Lower than X value, when you solo que, you end up playing for normal comms. Higher than X, you are playing for ranked comms.

I see no point in ranked solo que. Just go out and make 7 like minded friends you hobos. If you can't make 7 friends in game over the internet, i suggest getting off the internet and going to take a life skills course, maybe getting a life coach too.

LOL. Exactly. Solo ranked que would just simply replace/be the death of normal warzones. People just want to be able to get ranked warzone comms if they dont have 7 friends.

The only way this would work is if they differenitate players by using expertise. Lower than X value, when you solo que, you end up playing for normal comms. Higher than X, you are playing for ranked comms.

I see no point in ranked solo que. Just go out and make 7 like minded friends you hobos. If you can't make 7 friends in game over the internet, i suggest getting off the internet and going to take a life skills course, maybe getting a life coach too.

My point still stands.. NO solo queue for RWZ.. If u cant get 7 others to play with u then maybe u shouldnt be doing RWZs in the first place.. OR JOIN a PVP guild wich does RWZ.

Edited by Riivu

My point still stands.. NO solo queue for RWZ.. If u cant get 7 others to play with u then maybe u shouldnt be doing RWZs in the first place.. OR JOIN a PVP guild wich does RWZ.

Well rated Warzone is slowly dying atm. The que are getting longer and longer. People are rather going the hard way of converting the Warzone Commendations in the 1:3 ratio. Solo Ranked que would bring Rated more in line with getting that kind of competative play to everybody.

I said that Solo que and 8man Premade should have seperate Ratings. This would help me and I guess alot others to do Ranked. Havent we all try'd to get 8 people and then 1-2 cannot come, and you have to bring randoms that ruin the whole experince?

Well rated Warzone is slowly dying atm. The que are getting longer and longer. People are rather going the hard way of converting the Warzone Commendations in the 1:3 ratio. Solo Ranked que would bring Rated more in line with getting that kind of competative play to everybody.

I said that Solo que and 8man Premade should have seperate Ratings. This would help me and I guess alot others to do Ranked. Havent we all try'd to get 8 people and then 1-2 cannot come, and you have to bring randoms that ruin the whole experince?

Well then they may as well delete Normal Warzones from the game since nobody would play normals anymore..

Well then they may as well delete Normal Warzones from the game since nobody would play normals anymore..

How do you figure that? They could remove all gear stats or put in a recruit only restriction for it...

At least it would give the crybabies an out @ 50.

And Ilum.....

Yes, OWPVP needs to be rebooted, but BW needs a more hands on approach. I mean they should "schedule" factions to meet on various worlds to complete "PVP Raids". DYNAMIC OWPVP (much like the "events" done in the past) is what I want to see.. Git ur done Devs!!!

And ADD POD RACING!!!!!!! PLEASE.................................................

Sorry for yelling, but I'm serious. We have to focus...:D

Get us some pods and a couple of tracks. You own the tech and coding for the previous one anyway..