Darth Hexid

TyonYlle

Anyone wanna guess how long it'll take someone to ask for "a second chance for Darth Hexid promotion", or something like that after United Forces finishes? :D:p I know this is premature, but, I reckon is a valid question considering some of the topics in the suggestion board. Edited by TyonYlle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wanna guess how long it'll take someone to ask for "a second chance for Darth Hexid promotion", or something like that after United Forces finishes? :D:p I know this is premature, but, I reckon is a valid question considering some of the topics in the suggestion board.

The length of time it takes could probably be measured in nanoseconds. In fact, I fully expect to see threads asking for extensions or "second chances" before the event even ends.

I'll be honest, I'm bummed there's no solo path to get Hexid. But dem's the rules they've set, and I'm not demanding to get her or get another chance at her. Just saying it's disappointing.

well, it's called united forces ;)

it's just 3 flashpoints or 3 pvp matches...it'll be all done in one hour (or less)

I'll be honest, I'm bummed there's no solo path to get Hexid. But dem's the rules they've set, and I'm not demanding to get her or get another chance at her. Just saying it's disappointing.

I'm sorry but now I'm confused it says :

"Beginning November 28th, you can recruit Darth Hexid as part of a mission on the planet of Odessen once you complete the Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion story."

from : http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171102

So how does it actually work? I've little expierence with these things as I've been playing only about a year now.

Thx for explaining in advance :)

I'm sorry but now I'm confused it says :

"Beginning November 28th, you can recruit Darth Hexid as part of a mission on the planet of Odessen once you complete the Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion story."

from : http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171102

So how does it actually work? I've little expierence with these things as I've been playing only about a year now.

Thx for explaining in advance :)

if it's like shae vizla or niko okarr, it works like this: once you're eligible to get her you will have an item mailed to all your toons (present and future ones) and you can get her right away or you can wait for when the mission becomes available in your story progression. Or you can do both, as the story mission (which is probably just a conversation btw) will still be playable even if you used the mail item to get Hexid earlier.

if it's like shae vizla or niko okarr, it works like this: once you're eligible to get her you will have an item mailed to all your toons (present and future ones) and you can get her right away or you can wait for when the mission becomes available in your story progression. Or you can do both, as the story mission (which is probably just a conversation btw) will still be playable even if you used the mail item to get Hexid earlier.

So to put it (highly) simplified you can do:

Option 1 : storyline

or

Option 2 : 3xPVE (FP)

or

Option 3 : 3xPVP (WZ)

Thank you very much, highly appreciated.

So to put it (highly) simplified you can do:

Option 1 : storyline

or

Option 2 : 3xPVE (FP)

or

Option 3 : 3xPVP (WZ)

Thank you very much, highly appreciated.

the storyline will not be available to you if you don't do the 3 gf or 3 pvp matches. that's what I mean by "eligible". Sorry for the confusion :)

the storyline will not be available to you if you don't do the 3 gf or 3 pvp matches. that's what I mean by "eligible". Sorry for the confusion :)

Aaahhhh!! now I get it, so sorry I guess I it was 'lost in translation' to me

(english is not my birth language so I sometimes, unintentional, miss the point.)

Thx again.

well, it's called united forces ;)

it's just 3 flashpoints or 3 pvp matches...it'll be all done in one hour (or less)

If it were three solo FPs I'd do it. I do NOT do group FPs and I would uninstall the game before doing PvP. So it doesn't matter if it would take 5 minutes, I will not participate. Forcing people to group and play with strangers to get a subscriber reward is distasteful IMHO.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

If it were three solo FPs I'd do it. I do NOT do group FPs and I would uninstall the game before doing PvP. So it doesn't matter if it would take 5 minutes, I will not participate. Forcing people to group and play with strangers to get a subscriber reward is distasteful IMHO.

can't you queue with friends and then do random group finder?:confused:

can't you queue with friends and then do random group finder?:confused:

I don't do group flashpoints and Ops. Period. It's too overwhelming, too much sensory input and too much happening onscreen at once. I do not like talking to strangers in the game even if there's a friend there. Plus my connection is slow. They could offer me a personal chapter with Lana and it would not compel me to group for a flashpoint.

Plus I again find it disheartening that they would make the only route to a subscriber reward grouping, so there's that. It's not like I don't want to work for a reward - they could tell me to do a FP on my own ten times or 20 times and I'd happily do it.

Again, not going to insist that they change it or ask for Hexid later. Just disappointed that they'd try to push grouping this way.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't do group flashpoints and Ops. Period. It's too overwhelming, too much sensory input and too much happening onscreen at once. I do not like talking to strangers in the game even if there's a friend there. Plus my connection is slow. They could offer me a personal chapter with Lana and it would not compel me to group for a flashpoint.

Plus I again find it disheartening that they would make the only route to a subscriber reward grouping, so there's that. It's not like I don't want to work for a reward - they could tell me to do a FP on my own ten times or 20 times and I'd happily do it.

Again, not going to insist that they change it or ask for Hexid later. Just disappointed that they'd try to push grouping this way.

I see.😶

As far as I see you don't have to win 3 pvp matches - just play them. I guess you can even be semi afk and watch some youtube video while doing it.

Um... couldn't you ask a real life friend to come over to your house and play three WZs for you? Yeah, long shot, I know, but...

But it's not a subscriber reward.

Just(1) like Master Ranos, the thing you must do is an in-game participation thing. It's a reward for participating in the game.

(1) I use the term loosely. Getting Master Ranos involved a great deal more than three group flashpoints or three warzones:

* Get a DvL character to level 25. (Heroic level)

* Get a DvL character to level 50 and do three story-mode flashpoints. (Legacy level)

* Complete the Shadow of Revan story on a DvL character. (Valiant level)

* Complete chapters I to IX of KotFE. (Valiant level)

* Complete the introductory stronghold mission from the holostatue on a DvL character. (Valiant level)

* Complete KotFE up to Chapter XVI on a DvL character. (Champion level)

* Complete five KotFE Alliance Alerts on a DvL character. (Champion level)

* Complete ALL tactical ("Veteran" these days) flashpoints except Black Talon and The Esseles on as many DvL characters as needed. (Champion level)

* Complete enough Warzones to get a DvL character to Valor 5. (Champion level) (Two Warzones was enough.)

* Get a Republic DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)

* Get an Empire DvL character to level 65. (Eternal level)

* Complete round 5 of the Eternal Championship on a DvL character. (Eternal level)

Compare that to Darth Hexid:

* EITHER complete three group flashpoints

* OR complete three warzones.

Um... couldn't you ask a real life friend to come over to your house and play three WZs for you? Yeah, long shot, I know, but...

My RL friends who live close by are decidedly not gamers, so that would be a very weird request for them...the RL friends I have who play SWTOR are elsewhere (which is actually how I ended up on a server that is nowhere near where I live - it's their server). Plus I don't want my character anywhere near PvP.

As far as I see you don't have to win 3 pvp matches - just play them. I guess you can even be semi afk and watch some youtube video while doing it.

I don't play PvP and I don't want to be anywhere around it. I will not put my character in PvP. I'd halfway considered just entering a match and walking away to the next room or something and coming back when they were dead, but I don't think that would really be fair to the other player who queued up and waited for however long the queue was to actually play.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter - EA/BW set the terms, and they are what they are, and some of us do not wish to participate. I do think that it's a shame they've chosen to exclude solo players this way, and it's a bummer to miss out on Darth Hexid, but it is what it is.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero