Question regard Presence and Companions

Samitch

I understand that gear with Presence will increase the effectiveness of my companion. But will putting gear on my companion that has Presence also create the same effect?

Update!! (1/20/12)

My companions main stat is Cunning. I have placed 2 implants on him that have the following stats:

50 Cunning

59 Endurance

29 Crit

29 Alacrity

29 Presence

29 Defense

Aug Slot = Presence Augment

Buy doing this I have upgraded my companions gear and it would also appear that I have upgraded his abilities by giving him more Presence in addition to the Presence from my character.

My Sith Warrior:

Presence = 331

Base = 225 Bonus=106

Companion Health = +1655

Companion Damage = +66.2

Companion Healing = +46.3

My Companion (Quinn):

Presence = 103

Base = 0 Bonus = 103

Companion Health = +515

Companion Damage = +20.6

Companion Healing = +14.4

Given the above findings it would appear that it is beneficial to have Presence on your companion and that it adds to the Presence carried from your character.

Edited by Samitch
Update

Excellent question. I'd be interested to hear the answer as well.

Mostly because I'm not sure how Presence even works.

Does it mean more damage? Better healing? Higher armor? More health? Which companion is affected by each? Does it change based on their role?

And it would appear that we're not going to get an answer. Everyone seems much more interested in holding surveys about who's going to continue playing, or speculating on the price of EA shares.

And the moderators are rather busy deleting said posts.

/shrug

i like the idea ... but mainly i would say that they should delete Presence and make it so that having higher affection makes them do more dmg etc. because seriously ... who would choose presence over their mainstat ? ...... pretty useless attribute if you ask me.

i like the idea ... but mainly i would say that they should delete Presence and make it so that having higher affection makes them do more dmg etc. because seriously ... who would choose presence over their mainstat ? ...... pretty useless attribute if you ask me.

It isn't a matter of choosing Presence over a main stat. Keep in mind crafted Artifact level gear. My companions main stat is Cunning. I have placed 2 implants on him that have the following stats:

50 Cunning

59 Endurance

29 Crit

29 Alacrity

29 Presence

29 Defense

Aug Slot = Presense Augment

Buy doing this I have upgraded my companions gear and it would also appear that I have upgraded his abilities by giving him more Presence in addition to the Presence from my character.

My Sith Warrior:

Presence = 331

Base = 225 Bonus=106

Companion Health = +1655

Companion Damage = +66.2

Companion Healing = +46.3

My Companion (Quinn):

Presence = 103

Base = 0 Bonus = 103

Companion Health = +515

Companion Damage = +20.6

Companion Healing = +14.4

Given the above findings it would appear that it is beneficial to have Presence on your companion and that it adds to the Presence carried from your character.

• 3 weeks later...

I think of Presence as equal to your companion's main stat.

For example: 50 Presence to you == 50 Cunning to your companion

(if Cunning is his main stat)

Using the same logic: 50 Presence on your companion == 50 to your main stat

These are only my speculations and it will be great if someone can confirm/deny them?

Thanks.

I have this same question so I have been doing a little research. After numerous screen shots of my character with and without presence gear, I have concluded that presence gear only works when its on the main character and not the companion itself. Although the presence on the companion has gone up when equipping an item with presence, none of the other stats have moved, except accuracy went down a little on the force and Tech tabs. When I place the same presence item on my main charter the stats raise on the companion.

what I used to compare:

[Commander's Nano-Optic Skill Package [superior]]

+40 Presence

+50 Endurance

+62 Cunning

+40 Power

+25 Critical Rating

[Hawkeye Nano-Optic Skill Package [superior]]

+69 Accuracy Rating

+50 Endurance

+62 Cunning

+40 Power

+25 Critical Rating

Edited by Chevy_SS

Why don't you mouse over the companion's presence stats, and health stat before and after adding it to them, you could test this for yourself.

We know how much endurance affects health, so if their health increases any more that what we know it should when adding an end/pres item, then yes it does affect them on their items.

Edited by Deyjarl

Why don't you mouse over the companion's presence stats, and health stat before and after adding it to them, you could test this for yourself.

We know how much endurance affects health, so if their health increases any more that what we know it should when adding an end/pres item, then yes it does affect them on their items.

None of the stats changed even though the tool tip said they should have gone up. I guess if the companion had it's own companion, then companion 2's stats that would have changed.

I crafted some purple bracers and a chest piece with my Armormech and they both had presence added to them. Leadership....was in the title. It added increased healing and health to Elara right away when I equipped them. Not sure about her damage but it does help on the companion.

I crafted some purple bracers and a chest piece with my Armormech and they both had presence added to them. Leadership....was in the title. It added increased healing and health to Elara right away when I equipped them. Not sure about her damage but it does help on the companion.

We are talking about presence gear directly on the companion....

• 1 year later...
And it would appear that we're not going to get an answer. Everyone seems much more interested in holding surveys about who's going to continue playing, or speculating on the price of EA shares.

And the moderators are rather busy deleting said posts.

/shrug

Hey buddy, I know that presence help improve crafting abilities in your companions so increased presence can help get uber-drops post level 50 and 55. :)