Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

What is for sure is that every body is laughting at this game all over the internet and Makeb has a new name that I can't use here for not getting banned.

People laughing at SWTOR? Been happening since pre-launch. Big media circus about SGR? Already happened around launch when they announced it. We aren't in grade school anymore, we can handle the big mean internet.

Also, nobody did it better than Conan O'brien, a loooong time ago

Edited by chuixupu

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only things I have to say to this is:

1. Same Gender sex also exists irl so I don't see a Problem by putting it in.

2. You only see your relationship urself, others don't see it, so it doesn't offend anyone nor anyone really sees it, its just for urself.

3. People who are all like "Oh gawd no, its disgusting" go cry somehwere else. We're living in 2013 and not and not 1755, its something which is totally normal like everything else!

4. I won't respond to any "hate" respondings.

5. sry for bad english, its not my mother language :rak_04:

Well, as my argument went back when I thought proper SGR was going to be implemented with Makeb, it would make sense for them to record/script/animate companion SGR at the same time as some other content that involves the voice actors.

Such as a proper continuation of the class stories, complete with new companion dialogue. Or a more general overhaul of pre-50 content, since the lead writer has mentioned wanting to change and add a few things here and there.

We don't even know if our companions will have any new lines in the new content. they could be left silent or use canned responses or reuse old responses.

However, I was thinking on this, something they could possibly do instead of going back and trying to re-edit everything, is just use SGR as a continuation to the companion storylines.

Get to the end of their last known cutscene, then a new one pops up.

Companion: Hey you.

Option 1: [Companion Name] you're good to have around. (this is the nope, not interrested in you line, the no to SGR line)

Option 2: I love you [Companion Name]! I always have and I always will!

Option 3: Heeeey. How you doin'?

Option 2 and Option 3 can be the difference between how the relationship plays out. Who's the dominate one in the relationship basically.

Now, I know some are thinking "But I don't want to wait untill the later levels!" and I thought on that too. And my answer is "So?" :p None of the relationships really move to that part untill closer till the end, and OGR (male character)/SGR (female character) Consular's would have to wait to even get their OGR/SGR late in game anyways :p So it's not like it's something unfair. It's all late game as it is :p

The only things I have to say to this is:

1. Same Gender sex also exists irl so I don't see a Problem by putting it in.

2. You only see your relationship urself, others don't see it, so it doesn't offend anyone nor anyone really sees it, its just for urself.

3. People who are all like "Oh gawd no, its disgusting" go cry somehwere else. We're living in 2013 and not and not 1755, its something which is totally normal like everything else!

4. I won't respond to any "hate" respondings.

5. sry for bad english, its not my mother language :rak_04:

1) Lots of things in RL exists, so are we saying put anything done in RL into the game? Cause that's exactly what you just said.

2) True enough! You know they could put those other things that happen in RL into a cutscene only you would see as well! And it happens in RL!

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR? Or how it's 2013 and I think people should be wise enough to make their own rational choices and not do any of the dumb things we see happening on the news all the time? Yeah. People will think what they want no matter the year. Remember, it's 2013 and there are still people afraid of clowns. Of dolls. Of serious commitment. People and their fears and/or dislikes geeez. :p

4) *double checks responses...nope...no hate* Yay! I should get a reply!

5) Truthfully, I didn't think it was all that bad untill you abbreviated 'sorry' for some reason.

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR?

SithK... I think possibly one poster made a comment that even remotely resembled this. One ! ! !

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR?
And this -- who exactly is this crowd ?

Let's play fair, eh?

SithK... I think possibly one poster made a comment that even remotely resembled this. One ! ! !

And this -- who exactly is this crowd ?

Let's play fair, eh?

The point was it was said in the reverse. :p And no one said "You know, if we want this, we shouldn't be doing the exact same thing we're trying to fight"

And if one person said it, I'm sure there's multiple who agree with it, even if unspoken. Or do you think only those who speak up in this thread want SGR?

1) Lots of things in RL exists, so are we saying put anything done in RL into the game? Cause that's exactly what you just said.

2) True enough! You know they could put those other things that happen in RL into a cutscene only you would see as well! And it happens in RL!

3) You mean like how the SGR or nothing crowd says OGR is disgusting I can't play without SGR? Or how it's 2013 and I think people should be wise enough to make their own rational choices and not do any of the dumb things we see happening on the news all the time? Yeah. People will think what they want no matter the year. Remember, it's 2013 and there are still people afraid of clowns. Of dolls. Of serious commitment. People and their fears and/or dislikes geeez. :p

4) *double checks responses...nope...no hate* Yay! I should get a reply!

5) Truthfully, I didn't think it was all that bad untill you abbreviated 'sorry' for some reason.

1. Nah, I didn't said you should put it in, It was meant as, nobody really should have a problem with it. I haven't played muchg Bioware games, but so far I rode here, same sex romances we're always or mostly in the game. But they might had some reason to not put it in.

3. I'm sorry, I'd reply tot his but I don't know what SGR and all this stuff means, sorry.

5. I'm always sorry for everything :D

1. Nah, I didn't said you should put it in, It was meant as, nobody really should have a problem with it. I haven't played muchg Bioware games, but so far I rode here, same sex romances we're always or mostly in the game. But they might had some reason to not put it in.

3. I'm sorry, I'd reply tot his but I don't know what SGR and all this stuff means, sorry.

5. I'm always sorry for everything :D

Don't have to. I'm german myself (I could tell by your spelling and grammar :)) and I got what you said.

Never mind him/her.

Most of us here are reasonable, decent folks, well capable of a sensible discussion of this topic. Just because some prefer to be rude, it doesn't mean you have to apologize. ;)

I wonder, do you have any companions in the game you'd like to see available for SGR?

(SGR - Same Gender Romance as opposite to OGR - Opposite Gender Romance)

I think we're always not discussing that part, at least not with new people peeking in, and I'm curious.

Edited by Lent_San

We got over 535 sites and there's none Bioware Community Supporter reply or something like that?? Which kinda of should solve the most questions??? :/

Edit:

And its okay, I didn't take it as rude, as I never do on textes. You guys don't have to defend me or someone else, its fine! :)

Edited by CuteRainbowDash

To elaborate on my former post, it seems as if the writers are already working on re-working current companions to some degree or at least they have a kind of To-do list of that sort. One recent tweet from Hall Hood seems to point in that direction, and he didn't seem all that averse to opening up, for instance, Corso for SGR, although of course we don't know what will happen. *crosses fingers* :p

More money available in general should be good for getting more story-content into the game. I wonder if we'll see more classes down the road, I haven't really thought of that before.

New classes and companions would be great and I'm sure if new classes and companions arrived, they'd have SGR options, in case they don't decide to give up on the romance content in the game altogether, which I don't believe they will.

I love playing my smuggler and I dearly love his interaction with Corso and it would be great to see that relationship 'bloom' so to speak, but if the writer, in this case Hall Hood, decided against it for artistic reasons, I could certainly live with that (maybe a teeny, tiny bit begrudgingly, but still :p).

I wonder if there are any classes, already in or maybe future ones, that are more SGR-compatible than others. The smuggler certainly strikes me as one, since he/she is basically using his/her sexuality more than once to get out of tight situations, so a natural "fluidity" so to speak seems fitting to me.

Edited by Lent_San

I wonder if there are any classes, already in or maybe future ones, that are more SGR-compatible than others. The smuggler certainly strikes me as one, since he/she is basically using his/her sexuality more than once to get out of tight situations, so a natural "fluidity" so to speak seems fitting to me.

I've had a few scenes with the Bounty Hunter that if the right choice was taken it gave a hint towards SGR with Mako (at least from the BH side), but it's like one line dialogue then goes off to standard dialogue.

Didn't see any of it for Inquistor and Ashara.

All others aren't at spots to see the dialogue with possible SGRs.

I've had a few scenes with the Bounty Hunter that if the right choice was taken it gave a hint towards SGR with Mako (at least from the BH side), but it's like one line dialogue then goes off to standard dialogue.

Didn't see any of it for Inquistor and Ashara.

All others aren't at spots to see the dialogue with possible SGRs.

Sad that Ashara is the only female companion for SI. I'd rather eliminate her than romance her. I think it is a good start to have the option on NPCs for now. MY SI would absolutely romance someone (male or female) just to meet her personal goals.

We can see how it is received with NPCs and maybe then decide to put resources into more complex companion stories.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

Hi folks, as a reminder, please remember to stay on topic in this thread. While the topic started off as requesting clarifications for SGRs, it seems that it has also become a destination to discuss possible ways of implementing them in the game. We have officially confirmed that SGRs will be in the game and this will not change. However, we have directed any civil discussions that do not agree with the inclusion here. Please also remember to be respectful of one another, despite differences in opinions. Any posts that are considered off-topic or in violation of our forum rules will be removed and actioned upon, if necessary. Thank you.

Sad that Ashara is the only female companion for SI. I'd rather eliminate her than romance her. I think it is a good start to have the option on NPCs for now. MY SI would absolutely romance someone (male or female) just to meet her personal goals.

We can see how it is received with NPCs and maybe then decide to put resources into more complex companion stories.

Agreed on Ashara. If my SI could romance any romancable companion regardless of gender, I'd still pick Andy over Ashara, but that's because I think out of the options, character wise, he comes off better. Though I do wish he'd be a little less "Shoot em in the face and watch them bleed." :p

Probably where, while I'm pro-sgr, I'm not OMG IT HAS TO BE SGR FOR SGR SAKE. And why I come off as rude to others :p I'd prefere to pick who my characters get with based on more than just their gender :p And while I'm sure there's a lot of people who like Ashara, most everyone I've talked to in game all hate her :p

But hey, I like Quinn and he has a lot of detractors :p

Personally, I'd like to be able to romance Mako on my female BH. I never really felt comfortable with Torian. He just isn't her "type".

If you look at the different companions out there, a lot of the male companions are odd alien types, which makes them less likely to be a romance option, while most of the females are near-human and at least somewhat attractive. So when it comes to the idea of male/male romance, obviously you'd have to leave out Quezen, Gus, Skadge , Blizz, Khem, Xalek, Bowdaar, Broonmark, Yuun, any droids, etc..

Some of the other humanoid types that have no current romance options could be a maybe, like Zenith, Gault, Tanno, Scourge? (lol)

So there's Doc, Torian, Quinn, Vector, Lt. Pierce, Corso, Doc, Andronikos, Tharan, Iresso, Talos,

I'm not really familiar with all of them, but I feel like Doc would be out, and Tharan clearly only loves holograms. I almost felt like Torian might have at one point been considered as a SGR.

I'm speaking theoretically here, I'd be surprised if they went back and made old companions SGR compatible any time soon.

So you are putting in same-gender companion romances, then, you simply aren't going to tell us yet?

I wrote "SGRs". This echoes Jeff Hickman's words from his blog here.

"Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!"

Let's get this thread back on topic please.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

I'm speaking theoretically here, I'd be surprised if they went back and made old companions SGR compatible any time soon.

If they do retroactively add non-Chiss jokes for Chiss in the Smuggler line, then I'd really consider that Bioware would actually give thought to having retroactive companion SGRA's. However, I am going to assume they'll only have the two obligatory "I think you're pretty/handsome" options on Makeb that lead to sod all and call that "equality".

I wrote "SGRs". This echoes Jeff Hickman's words from his blog here.

"Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!"

Let's get this thread back on topic please.

I missed the word "companion", though I'm surprised you consider two [Flirt]s to be full blown romances.

Also: on-topic?

Fine. I want Vector.

Edited by Tatile

Hi folks, as a reminder, please remember to stay on topic in this thread. While the topic started off as requesting clarifications for SGRs, it seems that it has also become a destination to discuss possible ways of implementing them in the game. We have officially confirmed that SGRs will be in the game and this will not change. However, we have directed any civil discussions that do not agree with the inclusion here. Please also remember to be respectful of one another, despite differences in opinions. Any posts that are considered off-topic or in violation of our forum rules will be removed and actioned upon, if necessary. Thank you.
Thanks for clarifying that. Appreciated. Edited by Lent_San

If they do retroactively add non-Chiss jokes for Chiss in the Smuggler line, then I'd really consider that Bioware would actually give thought to having retroactive companion SGRA's. However, I am going to assume they'll only have the two obligatory "I think you're pretty/handsome" options on Makeb that lead to sod all and call that "equality".

Yeah, it is always possible, but it is definitely more complicated that taking a few jokes and replacing them with another. I don't think they would go through the trouble to just add a few incomplete flirt lines to existing companions,, that would make more people upset than happy, which is why I think they'll go with new companions that they can start out from scratch with, and not have people worry about having already gone through all their current companions' conversations before a change was implemented.

I missed the word "companion", though I'm surprised you consider two [Flirt]s to be full blown romances.

How do you know it's only going to be 2 flirts? I don't think anything has really been revealed about it yet.

Edited by chuixupu

How do you know it's only going to be 2 flirts? I don't think anything has really been revealed about it yet.

I run by the optimistic system of "lowering one's expectations so that one might never be disappointed" - the flip side is when those expectations are met, they're pretty crap results.

I would love it if there was an Imperial Officer who's my contact on Makeb and I meet him in the space port and we frolic about the Hutt planet destroying key Republic supply lines and flirting in military speak over the operation's headset and then once or twice we beat up the old conference table when the Moffs aren't looking, but the cynic in me says that just isn't going to happen.

Personally, I'd like to be able to romance Mako on my female BH. I never really felt comfortable with Torian. He just isn't her "type".

If you look at the different companions out there, a lot of the male companions are odd alien types, which makes them less likely to be a romance option, while most of the females are near-human and at least somewhat attractive. So when it comes to the idea of male/male romance, obviously you'd have to leave out Quezen, Gus, Skadge , Blizz, Khem, Xalek, Bowdaar, Broonmark, Yuun, any droids, etc..

Some of the other humanoid types that have no current romance options could be a maybe, like Zenith, Gault, Tanno, Scourge? (lol)

So there's Doc, Torian, Quinn, Vector, Lt. Pierce, Corso, Doc, Andronikos, Tharan, Iresso, Talos,

I'm not really familiar with all of them, but I feel like Doc would be out, and Tharan clearly only loves holograms. I almost felt like Torian might have at one point been considered as a SGR.

Basically the same with my BH. The only line I felt worked for my BH and Torian, is when she called him arm candy. :) But where as Torian is arm candy and a friend to her (in my head anyways), Mako is the arm candy and so much more.

I can see them adding SGR in with companions, I just don't see them doing it in one big patch, and it just seems easier to do it piecemeal. But I admit this is me thinking the dialogue isn't in game for SGR and they'd have to get the voice actors back to rework the scenes or add in new ones. I also don't know how expensive that option is or if it's even a possibility to do (which may be why current companions don't become an option).

Agree with that, totally. Can't see Tharan come out anytime soon and I don't really get any gay/bi/pan, even herosexual vibes from him.

Iresso strikes me as purely straight, but since I've romanced him with my female Consular, I might be biased here. Not sure if my opinion would change, should I play a male Consular anytime soon.

That of course would leave the male Consular with zero SGR options with current companions, which is interesting. Either they do change some of the existing companions which would be a little awkward or they might add a new one, should they be up to implementing SGR with companions for all classes.