Bubble Stun wars

Targarion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few of the good ones still do

A good player is tough to kill in any spec.

Having said that, though, if I see you in a RWZ sending out puddles, I'm telling my team to go after you ... hard.

Not only do you have fewer defenses at your disposal, but you're also capable of putting out about 200 more HPS if left unpressured. Can't have that.

Edited by Nyracasso

Why would you suggest a 2 second stun from bubble full resolve?

1. It's 3 seconds. http://www.torhead.com/ability/bF3NBSp/kinetic-collapse

"Your Force Armor has a [50 / 100]% chance to explode in a concussive wave when it ends, incapacitating all nearby enemies for 3 seconds. This effect does not break on damage."

5 second stun doesn't full resolve. Why would you suggest a 2 second stun from bubble full resolve?

Good point, maybe resolve needs fixed in a manner where resolve works better huh. :rolleyes:

Don't change the subject, other moves don't change the fact of bubble stun, so please lets continue.

2. If you have another sage or sorc skilled for bubble stun then add more seconds and less time to focus on targets when facing this horror.

It's not fun and is bs dealing with it.

3. A rotation of cc and moves can come after the bubble stun, meaning a team comp can be built around this bubble stun hybrid class.

Give me a break.

If anyone argues that bubble stun is ok is not looking at the big picture, Stun Wars is what we are playing in and it is geting outta hand.

I suggested a cooldown on this bubble stun, and reduce the number of times targets can be affected by this method.

It needs addressed.

I play a sage and saying this, I think its a cheap way to play and it's pretty ridiculous that team comps are geting made to play a shield bubble stun comp to win.

Edited by Caeliux

Bubble stun, meet smash monkey. Thank you for keeping each other in check somewhat, but it would be nice to play my marauder again since he's collecting dust because I refuse to play smash. Yes, I can massacre/ scream a bubble away for my 1 target, but what I can't control is the other 7 people running around clicking their buff to have me grasping my face over and over again. Both specs need the bat, hopefully within the near future before all the FoTM re-rollers hit 50 and we have 10 Juggs/Guardians and the rest bubble stunners making up entire wz's. The sub 50 bracket is running rampant with both classes.

Yo, my metaphor, my war-zone madness

Move and motivate those with sorcerer talents, uhh

See it in ranked, yea we holdin it down

Bubble-pop, hip-hop when we in yo' town

Uhh, that explodin' sound

Freak the melee just right here and now

With style, release increase the freeze, uhh

Bubble with the beat 'til they feelin the heat in the streets

Now each one, stun one, reach one, stun run

On one, listen to the sorcerer's drum

Beatin up the block with the ghetto pops that rock

and make you wanna smash the spot

And unlock explode (BOOM) the sith and the jedi code

With friendly pulls and Overloads, we uphold

And foretold to problems of six patches ago

Fast forward to patch 1.6 yo

Super invincible, major to the minimal

Every individual, freeze to the bubble yo

Teams collapse and melee be trapped in

The only way to make it happen, jaw droppin, sorc rappin

Edited by Hairyzac

Nice lyrics and derail of thread at same time.

Amazing talents you have

On topic:

I will show you someones else's thoughts of cc in this game.

The biggest problem I have is resolve and roots still not being considered a CC. Sometimes it just seems like playing your character wasn't actually intended in pvp with the way stuns can be chained so easily. If someone stuns you while you're still stunned, you can get a couple extra seconds of being stunned without filling up the resolve the rest of the way. After that, you can still be stunned for the full duration or have an 8 second CC thrown on you.

I don't understand why there is no DR on anything and why being immune doesn't last very long. You can actually be CC'd longer than you're immune. As far as roots not being a CC goes, a good sniper/gunslinger can easily show someone otherwise.

Can anyone answer these opinions on what this person is saying?

I know Bioware can't, and they won't

Edited by Caeliux

how is it a derail? the thread is titled bubble stun wars and the verse i layed down is purely about that.

You have nothing to add to this topic but jokes and senseless rap lyrics and links without adding anything solid to this discussion between people that have opinions about this matter.

aka off-topic

Edited by Caeliux

A good player is tough to kill in any spec.

Having said that, though, if I see you in a RWZ sending out puddles, I'm telling my team to go after you ... hard.

Not only do you have fewer defenses at your disposal, but you're also capable of putting out about 200 more HPS if left unpressured. Can't have that.

I definitely agree, and a good team that can protect the full healer even a little bit better can get a lot more out of the 200 HPS.

My point in the bubble stun is it seems to make some teams lazier

Lol I gotta chime in here too.. I have a sage healer that was full heal for a long time. I went to stun-bubble spec just to be able to survive a bit longer in warzones :D. I agree that maybe it is a bit much that they can give that stun to everybody in their team, but I've also seen players easily avoid it.

Aside from this... why is everybody moaning so much about stun-bubble, when there are so many other stuns in the game just as annoying? Stun-bubble at least breaks on damage. There are several stuns out there that don't. At least it feels that way :D. Might be only one :p

Is it because the ones moaning about it are often the ones on the receiving end of it? And they don't moan about the other stuns, because they are the ones using those? :D And I'm guessing they are fine with the ones they are using to kill ;).

Aside from this... why is everybody moaning so much about stun-bubble, when there are so many other stuns in the game just as annoying?

The gripe is a actually team comp that is being formed for one purpose only, and that is to cc the crap outta the other team since stun bubble don't affect resolve at all.

In 3 secs you are stunned by this, so do you break trinket or do you wait?

The next bubble being popped and another 3 secs in coming, what now?

My point is this method of cc is being used for cc control when in fact it was supposed to be used for defensive purposes.

Players have figured out that this affects global, this cc is a global cc and it makes players uncontrollable very fast.

I think the move itself needs revamped, and some form of cooldown or adding the cc to the resolve bar needs in order.

And you are right there is large amounts of other cc problems around, this one is number 1 at the moment and it needs addressed.

I do want healers and sage to be protected, but not like this.

Edited by Caeliux

Ok I don't read that spec every day... missed that it was changed... my bad.

But I think it's annoying that any stun should not break on damage. :D

That goes for the stun-bubble too ... even if it saves my hide ;)

Oh and how do you propose sages/sorcerers get protected? You want them to be totally depending on other players to protect them? This stun-bubble should still keep its function (ak stun) for the sages/sorcerers.

I agree though... stuns should go back to being defensive and not offensive...

All those stuns (real stuns, not slows or roots) that don't break on damage are annoying :D

Edited by Dietra

Oh and how do you propose sages/sorcerers get protected? You want them to be totally depending on other players to protect them? This stun-bubble should still keep its function (ak stun) for the sages/sorcerers.

I am not a game developer so to be honest I can't conjure up a plan but I know when I see a move that is effecting a game, also keep in mind this skill is used in the middle tree which is dps not healing.

People are rolling healing hybrid for the cc from the dps tree.

Sages and Sorcs do have protection, they got Force Speed, Force Bubble, 2 cc moves, not to mention if they are guarded by a tank well enough that knows how to peel.

In other words having this cc stun bubble is not needed, its a added on feature that players are using for the healing class to cc control other groups, and by all means its working and winning games since players can't focus well enough when a 3 sec stun bubble is coming every second it seems.

Edited by Caeliux

You have nothing to add to this topic but jokes and senseless rap lyrics and links without adding anything solid to this discussion between people that have opinions about this matter.

aka off-topic

Actually my sorc bubble rap makes tons of sense. If anything is senseless, it is every word you have written in this thread. You have no concept of what goes on in real pvp. No one is coordinating their bubbles to CC you dude. It isn't happening every second. You are just getting CC'd a lot because you don't really understand how to play the game at all. Don't get offended. Get better.

Edited by Hairyzac

No one is coordinating their bubbles to CC you dude. It isn't happening every second. You are just getting CC'd a lot because you don't really understand how to play the game at all. Don't get offended. Get better.

So a making a team comp don't exist in this game, oh and I guess people don't choose certain classes for focus?

Weird.

That happens on my sorc all the time. I only have 18k and it only takes 1 Stun to take me down.

So someone is doing 18k damage to you in 4 seconds? Only way you die in 4 seconds is focus fire and at that point it doesn't matter how much HP you have if your team doesn't help.