Returning Player Question

djvapid

It's Actually the "Classic comm" venders. You can get to them on a low level toon. But you will not be able to earn the commendations.

These venders are found in any of the daily mission areas. When you hit level 50 a few automatic missions will show up either on your mission list - or in the endgame PvE mission terminals that will point you to those areas.

That's my bad - I didn't have the game open at the time and wasn't really thinking :rolleyes: Thanks for the correction.

It's Actually the "Classic comm" venders. You can get to them on a low level toon. But you will not be able to earn the commendations.

These venders are found in any of the daily mission areas. When you hit level 50 a few automatic missions will show up either on your mission list - or in the endgame PvE mission terminals that will point you to those areas.

So if it's not something I should be concerned about till 50, why are there vendors in places (I.E. Coruscant - sorry if I murder the spelling of that world!) for lower level players with items for sale marketed to said lower levels?

Sorry, this is a bit confusing for me. When looking at the items in the store, it shows tiny little icons in the lower right signifying how much it costs - the problem is, hovering your mouse over these little icons doesn't tell you what they are. So you're left guessing (if you aren't already familiar with them) what in the world you need to buy the gear.

They did bring the levels down and reduce the costs, yeah. That was several patches ago. The Cartel Market speeders, for the most part (I can't remember if there any exceptions) should all scale with your speeder piloting level as well.

So if it's not something I should be concerned about till 50, why are there vendors in places (I.E. Coruscant - sorry if I murder the spelling of that world!) for lower level players with items for sale marketed to said lower levels?

Sorry, this is a bit confusing for me. When looking at the items in the store, it shows tiny little icons in the lower right signifying how much it costs - the problem is, hovering your mouse over these little icons doesn't tell you what they are. So you're left guessing (if you aren't already familiar with them) what in the world you need to buy the gear.

The Reason for the vendors to be on a fairly low-level-planet is this: they are not primarily targeted to new players with their very first char, but to not-so-new-players who want to get gear for their twinks.

You will get the birthright-token or whatever they're called during your storyline, but somewhat too late for you to really need the gear. Instead, you can use those token to buy gear for your next char.

But, in my opinion, you can save yourself the trouble alltogether. You see, the gear you see on the vendors may be bette rthan your current gear, but it will only be better for maybe 5 levels. Afterwards, you will get even better gear from mission rewards and other vendors. Plus, the legacy-vendor-gear, although beeing bound-to-legacy, is also bound to certain classes, so, if you would buy it for you now, then only other chars of the same class/advanced class could benefit from it. So unless you plan on playing the same class more than once, think twice about the legacy gear.

I have gathered a lot of those tokens, and have never used one if them.

Edited by Tito_O

Speeders - That is very, very cool. Quite happy with that change. :) I always said (when the game first came out) that they ought to cut the requirements down a bit on the speeders. All anyone wants to do is ride those hover bikes anyway, lol. Myself included!

Legacy Gear - Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (continue this for awhile as it just hits me) hhhhhhhhhhhhh...So it's gear that isn't bind on pickup, but bind to your account. I get it. Sort of like uh, oh I forget what it's called, but I get it now. :) Very cool! It sort of saves you the trouble of having to hunt for equipment as you go the second+ time around.