The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

This event SUCKS! Horrible end rewards, no real direction, and the stupidity of the people fighting over the things, like the laser mentioned earlier. Whoever came up with this world event, wasn't thinking very well. Nice try BW, but why don't you put more effort into the end game, instead of pushing out junk like this?

No wonder a game they spent $200 million to develop is going down in flames after only 8 months.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This event SUCKS! Horrible end rewards, no real direction, and the stupidity of the people fighting over the things, like the laser mentioned earlier. Whoever came up with this world event, wasn't thinking very well. Nice try BW, but why don't you put more effort into the end game, instead of pushing out junk like this?

No wonder a game they spent $200 million to develop is going down in flames after only 8 months.

Loving the event BW. The rewards are quirky and kind of fun. Loved the mass pvp over the Bounty hunter, A lot of thought was put into the locations of the different items, utilizing areas of planets that most people don't really go to. PVP area for those that are PVP hungry and areas without pvp for those who don't like pvp.

Loving that there are clues in the world to where items are, loved that most of the items so far have had some kind of puzzle attached to them. Really well thought out so far. A lot of effort was clearly put into this. Can't wait to see what happens next!

The whole storyline setup and plot of the event is really interesting but the quests themselves are rather lackluster. Too many people fighting over too few quest items, relying on RNG, and then having gear that only applies to certain classes was sort of disappointing. Some of the quests like the bounty hunter tracking one were fantastic though but it seems like certain parts were just tacked on and rewards thrown together randomly. Everything for the rakghoul event made sense but I don't really get how bowcasters, a crappy speeder, and tusken raider armor fit together.

Was cool to see the Chevin though. I was always wondering what the heck those dudes were up to on dromund kas from the launch of the game.

Wow.... people are complaining hardcore.

The only thing that's messed up is the space mission bug. As for the lack of items, what do you expect? I mean do you really think that's it? This is day one of the event. No one is even waiting until tomorrow to see if new items replace the sniper/blaster_rifle bowcaster before they start to cry. It could happen, but SWTOR has the worst community of all time. You can't finish everything in one day, you don't even know how the world event ends yet. The speeder is not a 120% mount, but it's kinda funny. I mean in the quest you learn of a fleet of ships that has something to do with the event. But no, you all count it out after an hour.

Now you can all continue on and start ranting about how the game is dead, discourage new players, calling content not given to you right away 'broken', and not giving Bioware a chance. From now on I'm just gonna stick to my guild of mature players and forget you people breath the same air as me.

Wow.... people are complaining hardcore.

The only thing that's messed up is the space mission bug. As for the lack of items, what do you expect? I mean do you really think that's it? This is day one of the event. No one is even waiting until tomorrow to see if new items replace the sniper/blaster_rifle bowcaster before they start to cry. It could happen, but SWTOR has the worst community of all time. You can't finish everything in one day, you don't even know how the world event ends yet. The speeder is not a 120% mount, but it's kinda funny. I mean in the quest you learn of a fleet of ships that has something to do with the event. But no, you all count it out after an hour.

Now you can all continue on and start ranting about how the game is dead, discourage new players, calling content not given to you right away 'broken', and not giving Bioware a chance. From now on I'm just gonna stick to my guild of mature players and forget you people breath the same air as me.

Agreement: This this this this this.

Eager Statement: I look forward to seeing what new items you give the vendor.

Contemplative: The query now is if I should save my tokens or not.

I see no reason for me to participate in this event, the rewards are just pathetic. I have no jobs leveled at this time or even started that use blaster rifles. And the armor.... why give up what I've already spent so much time and money into putting together to replace. A pet? I already have 2. And a mount that has only a +90% speed to it... I'm sorry. But I am just not feeling any desire to put time into this event. They need to seriously re-do the rewards before I do, i.e. lightsabers and blaster pistols.

:mad:

why is everyone here focusing on the negatives of the game? Honestly, SWTOR is the best game I ever played. It's not like the event is the ONLY thing you can do on the game. :d_mad:

when you hve been playing this game since early access and you have done pretty much everything...yes...yes it is the only thing you can do... and what a dissapointment it it t that, I can only hope it gets better providing its not a weekly long one like the Tatooine outbreak was (which WAS fun)

The last few posts have pointed out several items that I would like to piece together and maybe bring light to some of you .:cool:

I understand that a lot of people, like the player in the previous post , are not happy with the rewards and see no reason to do the event because said rewards "are not good enough to replace what I already have." . This , to me, is a classic MMO player and not a true, dyed in the wool SW fan from days gone past. This player obviously feels the only reason to do anything in game is so that he can get better gear , or stats, or something for his character rather than just the sheer enjoyment of being able to accomplish the event , at least once , and say to yourself "I'm done." .:p

A lot of players like this , IMHO , are ones who hope from MMO to new MMO looking for that next big hit, that next big high that will make them feel like they did when they played in their 1st MMO years ago. Nothing will ever truly please them , so they will always complain . :mad:

A few posts before that the player wrote, correctly in my honest opinion , that players who were complaining already only on day 1 were expecting way too much out of BW / EA for the first 24 hours of a Galactic wide event .

He was correct in pointing out that BW may put in different rewards at different times in the event and they may change or pull the original rewards to replace with new. There again , this is the difference between mature, life long Star Wars fans , and immature MMO game hoppers who are only looking for their next fix. :eek:

Me personally , I just got out of the hospital from yet another skin graft surgery (#30 in 13+ years post trauma) and I'm looking forward to the 1st galactic wide event in almost 6 months . I started in the middle of the Rakghoul outbreak and even though I was nowhere near the level I needed to be to complete it (I still have it in my mission log on my Sentinal) I had a guild mate at lvl 50 guide me through some of the initial parts just so I could experience it in just a small way . Why you may ask ??:rolleyes:

Because I was 11 when SW:ANH changed everything forever with regards to Sci-Fi & movies. I had already seen a similar change earlier in my life when Armstrong landed on the moon and Star Trek was on public network TV . And I still have that sense of "Wow, that is cool." with regards to games, computers, Sci-Fi, & MMO's . I will never grow tired of trying something new , something I have never done before, and something that looks like it could be enjoyable, especially with friends along . :)

I realize that I'm old school, old fashioned, and out dated in a lot of ways. But , personally, I feel to each his own . BW is going to look at the complaints, praise, haters & lovers and take from this what they need to do next. And for me , my only complaint is this : This event should have happened sooner. Twice a year is not often enough for me as a player for events like this. Once a quarter would be better or every 4 months good, but I do not have any real idea what it takes to put together, from a artist / design stand point, so maybe twice a year is all that is possible or practical. Who knows. :rak_03:

I want more things like this so it keeps the game flowing and fresh rather than let it get stale. SW lovers are going to stick by TOR no matter what , and MMO hoppers are going to move on to whatever is next (GW2?) no matter what . We just need to find more players who can enjoy the game and fall in love with Star Wars like I / We have all those years ago (Aug., 1977 for me) . :cool:

Remember, there is no light , there is no dark, there is only the Force :rak_02:

I'm hoping this is a bug, but to remove a barrel from a legacy sniper rifle (purchased with tokens) is 174k? LOL It's not even as good as Columi. Was this done to stop people from using the legacy weapon to send barrels to other characters with the same legacy? Edited by SikrouDeco

If people would stop being rude and group up, or at least not fight over the objectives, this would not be a problem. All of the summoning quests can be done in a group with everyone getting credit and the items so there is no reason to fight over the stuff when you can group up and be done with it...or wait your turn.

It's also my belief that people clicking on the terminal to summon Fallaxen when he is already fighting someone is the cause of him bugging out and needing to be reset, which inevitable leads to someone else running up and clicking the terminal, though it could just be a coincidence that he bugged those times I observed this.

Why is it so hard for folks to be team players? I remember the Rakghoul event having more camaraderie, though there were still some problems and there will always be when it comes to people.

My point is that any fool could have predicted that people would behave in this way. The quests are not group oriented by design so of course people are going to, in general, be the tool's that they are on the internet and be incredibly selfish.

Its obvious.

Its also massively naive of BW if they thought that it would be any different. A simple green friggin door and an instance so you could do it in peace or with a group would have been all that was needed.

I noticed a few players with Hagnoffarl pets, which I had never heard of. I searched Google and the SWTOR Forums for it and found a post (Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets) that stated:

...Hagnoffarl - Gotten as a reward for completing "The Grand Acquisitions Race"...

If this is true, then someone must have found a way to repair the "check back later" droids. Can anyone give me a clue as to how these droids can be repaired?

I like the new ability to transfer barrels and crystals between characters and hope for lightsabers to be in stock in a few days too. Pet is kinda ugly, but it is matter of taste.

The whole idea of event where you have to find something without quest markers on your map is great. I love puzzle quests where you have to think a bit. It is a step in right direction.

What I do not like is fight over boxes with other players. If a player has collected his 6 items he should be locked from picking more boxes. I know that you can find nice items in this boxes, but I feel something is wrong there.

So far im gonna have to give it a whopping 2 thumbs down. i didnt enjoy riding all over nar shaddaa to get a chance at getting 1 of 6 pieces. Took me 27 crates to get 6 pieces man. The quests that funnel an entire server into 1 spot to use 1 thing was kinda poorly executed. The vendor is really lacking. I can already buy sand people social gear. I cant use any of those weapons unless i use a blaster rifle or a sniper riifle. what of assassins, sorcs, warriors, bounty hunters, etc? I know theres more planned since those last 3 quests are locked but you guys gotta step it up hard. Especially since the rakghoul event was so awesome by comparison. 3 world bosses to kill, awesome stuff to buy (companion customizations, black green crystals, pet, armor, etc), Emergency alerts.

What I do not like is fight over boxes with other players. If a player has collected his 6 items he should be locked from picking more boxes. I know that you can find nice items in this boxes, but I feel something is wrong there.

Some more feedback:

#1 After the last event players suggested to receive RL emails (beforehand) and at least in game ones to announce the event.(because not everyone goes to the fleet regularly).

You did not to that, many people will be disappointed for sure as they'll eventually miss the event.

#2 Players asked to know the time frame of the event. You stated very vague mentions.

#3 Players are disappointing to see only blaster like weapons. Some of us are thinking different ones might appear.

Guess you'd like to come upfront to mitigate expectations.

#4 People did not like being dependent on camped spawning items. We have this very issue now. Especially since we don't know how long the even will last.

$5 People were disappointed to learn only a few hours before the end of the event that the vendor would be removed. For now we are clueless of whether or when it will be removed.

#6 The pet reward looks cheap as only a reskin of an existing model, which most of us already have due to the character transfer reward.

#7 The new gear is interesting still useless as we can't and won't be able to transfer set bonuses. Twin Wars persists.

#8 BOY (Bind On legacY) items are apreciated

#9 I appreciated the mission in which we had to pursue the BH. Maybe make a less static version in the future a bit like in Assassin Creed.

#10 I appreciated the mission in which we had to jump on the aor exhauts, however would have appreciated less static movement, more 3D movement plz.

#11 Did not see multiplayer components in this event yet. Weird for an MMO.

#12 The event felt more SW than the one before.

So far im gonna have to give it a whopping 2 thumbs down. i didnt enjoy riding all over nar shaddaa to get a chance at getting 1 of 6 pieces. Took me 27 crates to get 6 pieces man. The quests that funnel an entire server into 1 spot to use 1 thing was kinda poorly executed. The vendor is really lacking. I can already buy sand people social gear. I cant use any of those weapons unless i use a blaster rifle or a sniper riifle. what of assassins, sorcs, warriors, bounty hunters, etc? I know theres more planned since those last 3 quests are locked but you guys gotta step it up hard.

I agree. I wasted an entire day to get my Lobelot. From coffee to beer. Now I'm done. Too much time gets wasted while driving around and progress is not being made. The only reason I'm not enfuriated right now is because this month was free. I don't like the 'figure it out yourself' type of missions. It gives vacant minds a false sense of intelligence and vice versa. I play video games to play video games.

I have hundreds of dollars saved up just for this game, but I'm not going to just give it to Bioware. They have to figure out themselves how to get it. Free-to-play is sounding mighty inviting.

Especially since the rakghoul event was so awesome by comparison. 3 world bosses to kill, awesome stuff to buy (companion customizations, black green crystals, pet, armor, etc), Emergency alerts.

I disagree, I'd give 2 thumbs down for that event too. They're much too secretive about it AFTER it's released. I had a paid subscription from release, through until present. I had no clue there was an event taking place. I found out after it was over. An email would have been ideal. Surprise schmurprise, I know I'm not Luke Skywalker, let the surprise be roleplay. Don't force it upon people. I payed $160 to pre-order the collector's edition, then payed for 6 months in advance. I should be entitled to everything available in the game in that time.

Here's an idea: A vendor of past event items, purchasable with Blackhole Commendations.

Edit: I'll be damned if I spend a single Cartel Token on a Crimson Rakling pet.

Edited by Jandrik_Xun

I have found this event disappointing and tedious.

I work during the day. When I log on to play, it is in hope that I will at least have the illusion that I will accomplish something with the time I have spent. I kept reading in chat how some people had gone 30+ Smuggler Boxes without advancing their search for the apparatus. I had four pieces and thought that while frustrating I could probably find the last two pieces in a reasonable amount of time. I was wrong. I did not find another Smuggler box for over 20 minutes.

Thirty boxes, at twenty minute intervals, that is 10 HOURS. To hell with that.

At least I had the leads... which told me to come back later. I came back later, same result. So what do they mean by later?

5 minutes, an hour, tomorrow, or Sunday (the day after my account expires).

Yesterday, I was commited to renewing. Today, not so much.

Hopeful, things will change tomorrow and there will be enough content to support the population. Hopefully the vendor will have a weapon for sell that one of the five characters I have will be able to use. Hopefully the vendor will have rank 2 and 3 speeders.

Hopefully, my anger at this event will stop overshadowing my enjoyment of the game before it comes time to renew.

I really like the look of the speeder bike, but it's only a level 1? Seriously? Now maybe if that was a bind to legacy instead of the weapons, it'd be worth the price. But I have to agree with most people on here. Not worth jumping through all these hoops for what the vendor is selling right now.

I really like the look of the speeder bike, but it's only a level 1? Seriously? Now maybe if that was a bind to legacy instead of the weapons, it'd be worth the price. But I have to agree with most people on here. Not worth jumping through all these hoops for what the vendor is selling right now.

have you seen the speeder? how do you expect it to go any faster? lol

A Suggestion Bioware, i dont know if you plan to do it or not, but some more Rewards in the Event Vendors Shop would be VERY accepted right now, most people are dissapointed by the contents of the shop, maybe more weapons that covers everyones needs? Wookiee melee weapons perhaps? and maybe a faster mount? these are just suggestions:rak_01:

And, why are all the weapons only for one pretty much class? I fail to understand why there is not something for ALL classes. No freakin light sabers? SERIOUSLY? It' s ridiculous. Honestly, there really isn't much worth getting. All I have to choose from is the clothing, speeder, and pet. That's it. The rest is of no value to me since I cant use it at all.

And, why are these area's not in instances? 30 people crowded around trying to do the exact same thing doesn't work well Bioware. The lazer room quest is frankly idiotic and nearly impossible to do BECAUSE of all the people in there trying to do it at the same time.

I think developers are forgetting that games are supposed to be fun. There isn't much fun in this event. Just traveling all over constantly riding taxis, your speeder, and your ship. I am so sick of the time wasted traveling and riding speeders or elevators it's not funny. It RUINS the enjoyment of playing. Searching for stupid loot boxes. That's ALL Bioware could think up? Real FUN!

Why nothing new with our supposed romances? After you marry them that's the end? Seriously? Nothing new for our ship decor? How about adding DYE for clothing heh? They really need to add ALOT more to end game. It's a SNORE.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Any word on when the last three quests open?

The one on Dromund is already up. Came up approximately 3 AM EST. As for the two on NS,its anyone's guess. My personal one would be roughly 8 AM when dailies reset, but it could very well be before then, or hell, even tomorrow.

It's not fair! There is only guns and the all bound to legacy, but there is not s single lightsaber! Now all other classes will be able to transfer barrels across their account but we Sith Marauders won't be able it's a fail, please add hilts ASAP! Edited by DoctorMozG

So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game

Edited by Zipacnaa