Story : Reliving our toon's story ..

dprijadi

as i make more toons for each class, i longed to see my toon's class story got saved so i can view them later.. how fun it is / nostalgic to see our progression from a lowly trooper / jedi , finishing chapter 1, 2 and 3 and doing all the companion quests/storyline..

i want option for those that finished their class story , to replay our own class story complete with the choices that we made before..

as SWTOR is a story driven MMO, this is a must have feature =D

This would be nice, my first 3 characters I'd like to see again without having to level a new one..

I've started recording my new character with xfire, its free and pretty good quality.

I record my class conversations with FRAPS; took some time and setup to get the recording/compressing/filing system down, but I'm glad I did it.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and replay critical conversations, not to change history but just to see what the resulting lines would have been. Kind of a "what if?" thought/viewing exercise, no more.

ah.. the "what ifs" conversations. I remember spending a lot of time hitting escape after essentially picking the first time the conversation options that were most character appropriate for the situation. Just always bugged me that what showed up on the wheel and what the character said sometimes was just so different.

I think I need more space on my external harddrive though to store all the stuff I have Frapps, good thing there's youtube. Though it would be nice to just be able to relive some of those moments in the character story seeing as I can't remember what I did for my JC or my Trooper early on.

Edited by Kalterien

I record my class conversations with FRAPS; took some time and setup to get the recording/compressing/filing system down, but I'm glad I did it.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and replay critical conversations, not to change history but just to see what the resulting lines would have been. Kind of a "what if?" thought/viewing exercise, no more.

Even just to rewatch what i did say. I blew through pretty much all the companion/romance stuff with Corso on my smuggler, and most of the Vector stuff on my agent before it occurred to me to start recording these things. Watching other people's youtube videos doesn't really work, because of different conversation paths.

ah.. the "what ifs" conversations. I remember spending a lot of time hitting escape after essentially picking the first time the conversation options that were most character appropriate for the situation. Just always bugged me that what showed up on the wheel and what the character said sometimes was just so different.

I think I need more space on my external harddrive though to store all the stuff I have Frapps, good thing there's youtube. Though it would be nice to just be able to relive some of those moments in the character story seeing as I can't remember what I did for my JC or my Trooper early on.

Ha! Once I get emotionally involved I start shooting from the hip, to the point where I scan the conversation options and choose the only one my character could possibly say in about 0.25 seconds per choice. This means I get intense, involved, exciting, and often self-defeating plots (whoops); it also means I don't remember to ESC out and record alternatives.

I've found Youtube great for checking the romance lines, since people label those clearly. Anything else - and even romance variations - can be hard to find.

In single-player RPGS back in the day I would make a named save point before major conversations. And then play and replay and replay. Heck, after I got annoyed at Corso in this game, I went back to Alistair in DA:O and broke up with him just to reassure myself that at least one guy could be honest but gracious and respectful about it.

In SWTOR I can't run off save points like that, so I can't ever revisit, play through, and discard alternatives. Kind of a downer.

...and totally not the reason I'm blitzing a second femWarrior to Act 3.

@ephemera

Yeah, I found it hard to find the romance variations soooo.. I started making those myself. Unfortunately, I can only really do that when my husband's not at home since he looks at me funny everytime I start replaying a conversation multiple times. The bad thing is, is that I didn't record most of the early ones for my trooper, my male IA and my female SW so I'm missing a whole lot of conversations, you know because rejecting those poor companions over and over again is just so much fun. I did load up a couple of the "rejection" vids onto youtube, mostly because I figured someone else might be curious about them since you don't see them at all for the most part.

I'll umm.. have to blitz through atleast the SW and IA again just to redo some of the conversations, especially the SW since I remember a few of the Quinn conversations really well and the response Pierce has to a comment you make near the end of his chain. I sat there laughing afterwards and forgot to hit ESC.

Edited by Kalterien

Yes it would be nice if you could only reset the class storyline and companion lore. Being able to replay all class quests without having to do all the side quests and leveling would be great. :)

Ha! Once I get emotionally involved I start shooting from the hip,

Haha, yeah this exactly.

I would love this feature, but I don't really think it's a big deal to just roll another character if I want to see the story again. Breeze through the non-class content, and fraps it so I don't have to do it again!

female SW , I'm missing a whole lot of conversations, you know because rejecting those poor companions over and over again is just so much fun..

definitely a female player here =D

the only companion i found funny to reject is corso.. others arent that interesting to watch though..

Ya...definitely don't see this happening. As "story" is one of BioWare's "pillars", as well as one of the key components of replayability, I doubt they'll let us get a "replay/alternate reality" type feature without actually replaying a class from the ground up.

I plan to do it, but next time will try the other advanced class spec for each...which is likely why they won't let us swap out THOSE either...forces us, whether happily or unhappily, to replay a class from scratch to try out the other advanced class.

Ya...definitely don't see this happening. As "story" is one of BioWare's "pillars", as well as one of the key components of replayability, I doubt they'll let us get a "replay/alternate reality" type feature without actually replaying a class from the ground up.

I plan to do it, but next time will try the other advanced class spec for each...which is likely why they won't let us swap out THOSE either...forces us, whether happily or unhappily, to replay a class from scratch to try out the other advanced class.

ah no i dont mean the 'story' can be replayed with us choosign different conversation choices

what i mean is that our 'choosen' convo choice for our class quest can be 'saved' and 'replayed' so we can see how our character progress from lv1 to the end of class story..

i'd love being able to do a redo... just to fix any rp mistakes you made

i'd kill chance, and not sleep with the voss

:eek: You terrible monster!

I love Chance, I want to give him a good smurfing, not kill him! (and I didn't do either ) My Agent needs like three or four clones of herself for all the dudes I loved in the Agent story so they can each have one. :cool:

:eek: You terrible monster!

I love Chance, I want to give him a good smurfing, not kill him! (and I didn't do either ) My Agent needs like three or four clones of herself for all the dudes I loved in the Agent story so they can each have one. :cool:

i was hoping i;d get a chance to smurf him, but alas i didnt

i may be all LS, but i had dran bammage...some DS choices were being made in chpt 2. hey i had a voice in my head telling me to kill people.

that, and i vowed to kill anyone who used "that word"

In single-player RPGS back in the day I would make a named save point before major conversations. And then play and replay and replay. Heck, after I got annoyed at Corso in this game, I went back to Alistair in DA:O and broke up with him just to reassure myself that at least one guy could be honest but gracious and respectful about it.

In SWTOR I can't run off save points like that, so I can't ever revisit, play through, and discard alternatives. Kind of a downer.

...and totally not the reason I'm blitzing a second femWarrior to Act 3.

I know what you mean. I mean, sure you can create a new character, but MMO's require much more grinding than Singleplayer games. I want to be able to replay my character's storyline and companion storylines without having to worry about grinding crew skills, valor, commendations, credits, gear, et cetera.

• 1 month later...

I definitely love the idea of replaying class story. Right now, I have five level 50 characters. Marauder, Operative, Mercenary, Vanguard, and Gunslinger. To be able to experience those class stories again would be totally awesome. Great entertainment. Also, some guy posted this elsewhere:

LVL 50 Hard Mode class story with epic loot, I love that idea!

I wonder if this would be a good alternative to raiding. I mean, the game's main focus IS story.... So yeah.

Oh, and concerning Chance,

Left him to die. I was going to help him, but then he had to go use the code on me. Needless to say, that ticked me off a bit.

I love this idea, even if they were to implement it in some form of holorecordings available in your ship library or something. I have started recording convos and such, and but with my Counselor I didn't realize the free version only recorded 30 sec bits, so the first few are cut short.

Sigh. Guess I'll just have to go reroll characters. Need more character slots per server...

What an idea. Love the story, seems like such a waste that you never see it again after you hit 50 after so much time that must have gone into developing it. Lets face it, not many folk have the time or the inclination to replay a toon of the same class, just finished grinding my third class and that was getting tedious.