think gunsligners got screwed companion wise

Nucairion

Anyone saying they "need" a healer pet are doing it wrong, and they are nerfing their ability to go through content at a decent speed too.

Eh, if you're trying to do stuff like solo 2-man heroics, or fighting champion mobs, a healer is generally needed so you can keep alive long enough for the long fights. And while you can no doubt blow through the other content more quickly with double DPS, it's going to be a countdown to destruction without some form of healing. Typically, I bring Guss along as insurance. Just in case I start lagging, or accidentally aggro another group of mobs.

Edited by Gassygunslinger

easy. just stop and use Recuperate every few fights. only takes a couple seconds.

He's talking about heroic level encounters. Without a healing pet, double dps isn't going to down multiple elites in a single fight before health hits zero, unless you're over leveled.

He's talking about heroic level encounters. Without a healing pet, double dps isn't going to down multiple elites in a single fight before health hits zero, unless you're over leveled.

Exactly. Barring a single heal pack per fight, every point of health you lose, you won't be getting back. It's just a countdown til you hit zero. Having healing opens up the possibility of reviving most, if not all of your lost hitpoints during a fight. Being able to tank indefinitely? That's powerful.

Edited by Gassygunslinger

• 2 weeks later...

I used Risha from the moment I got her until I finished the game, got all 5 comps 10k/10k using underworld trading.

Who needs heals when you can clear entire groups of mobs within seconds thanks to Risha's amazing DPS and your obnoxiously powerful burst?

i want to agree but i cant take this thread seriously with the way the OP types. makes me think they are a preteen that just wants to complain to get attention. ):

for the record, there are also DPS scoundrels and they are nerfed in the companion department just as much as gunslingers.

as the titles suggests i htink gunslingers really get screwed when it comps to companion order. i mean its all well and good scoundrel getting healer companion last as they can heal BUT GUNSLINGERS CANT bowdaar is ok if well geared same with corso but if they die in a tuff fight at least lowe lvls (currently lvl 29) u dont have to much survivability agaisnt 2 mobs or an elite that packs a punch. wot on earth psssed bioware to say they gave companion order a think as to when they need each role the most when sligners really coulda used healer as second companion not a second tanking one

You get a ship droid at lvl 15. Its a healer.

While C2 is a half-way decent healer in a pinch, I have to say it isn't quite the same as a legit healer companion. His "boxing" isn't the same as other healer companion dps, and if nothing else, you're missing out on some decent companion dialogue and/or companion affection points.

You also can't give C2 your old gear. Unless you're a Cybertech (or know a Cybertech who owes you a favor), droid gear can be a pain in the butt to find.

Corso is completely awesome. I used him from when I got him to 50, with a few minor hiccups when I tried out my new companions and found that they sucked in comparison. Died multiple times using Guss, as I couldn't down mobs fast enough, even with heals. Same with Risha and Akaavi. Only thing is, now that I'm gearing my companions in Recruit, Bowdaar is better than Corso. Weird. :confused: