Either reduce loot table or increase drops

Well from my own experiences and from reading everyone elses I can definately say "Random drops are Random" but SOMETHING causes leanings in the drops. Running the same instance over again with the exact same group a few times tends to end with the same drops over and over. Running a flash point by myself solo over and over showed the same thing. The only way to break the cycle seemed to join someone elses group or reform with a new leader. At one point I ran Black Talon 6 times solo and ended up with 5 marauder tunics and 1 bounty hunter tunic, 6 Juggernaughts gloves, 6 Juggernaughts boots, 4 willpower lightsabers and 2 strength lightsabers. That is random when compared to overall results but when compared to my OWN results it shows a horrible pattern.

I did around 15 Esseles runs, and am nowhere near the full set. But my level increases so quickly, that I am almost ready for the next flashpoint, and I did not even start Coruscant yet.

Loot is a problem, so is quick levelling. After a couple of levels the flashpoint should not give you any more xp.

Well, I had the opposite problem yesterday with Cademimu. OUr group was full bounty hunters, and we wound up with five orange drops...all aim gear. So we were pretty lucky. I did feel bad for them though, I won every roll for gear, even the focus that I didn't need. I'm not opposed though to some of these ideas, the commendation idea could work, though I would like to keep drops from flashpoints cause it is fun to get that awsome gear.

Going to get flamed for this probably but people saying every boss should drop a blue or you should get full gear off a couple of runs is deluded. I'm sure there are bugs in the system, no doubt, but I have a hard time believing that the people saying these things haven't been corrupted by you-know-what(read: bad, boring, popular mmo). Token systems and guarenteed loot makes a game boring and when you do get that bit of gear at 50 it'll be so much more rewarding.

Let me guess you think that the game needs a dungeon finding system too...

p.s:-sorry for rant but wow became so bloddy **** because of all these things you are suggesting. BW please do not let this happen here!

This may be an ignorant question but it's related to the topic, ... is there a resource to know who drops what in these Flashpoints?

Torhead doesn't list the droppable loot in it's flashpoint information pages (nor does it filter out the bosses) and as far as I know, Torhead doesn't have a very reliable loot list based on drops yet.

Darthhater does a better job than Torhead for this, but it shows, for example, Yadira Ban dropping 226 items. Really only interested in the unique gear she drops, not the random items she plus every other monster in the world has a chance to drop.

Ideally I'm looking for a list of Flashpoints/World Bosses, click on one and it shows the bosses in there, click on one and it shows me what unique items he/she/it drops.

SWToR is much better than WoW in this regard...there are commendations!

Commendations drop in every flashpoint.

Commendations can be used to buy mods (which is what all the drops are, essentially...you have understood the fact that orange gear is = to all other orange gear, just looks and mods, right?).

Commendations can also even be used to buy exactly what drops in the flashpoint (specialty vendors for that zone/planet/level range).

Also there really aren't that many types of drops

STR Med

STR Heavy

AIM Heavy

CUN Med

WIL (tank) Light

WIL (dps) Light.

6 As opposed to WoW's

DPS Cloth

SPR Cloth

AGI Leather

INT Leather

AGI Mail

INT Mail

STR Plate

Tank Plate

INT Plate

Not to mention a billion weapon types/shields/variations thereof.

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I played a Flashpoint with a group, i was Smuggler, the other two jedi and a soldier. When the boss was defeated, I took the loot, choosing "Need" as it was a blaster pistol. When the loot finally went to me, my mate, the soldier, in an unpolite way, told me to enjoy "my autocannon" and she was really angry with me for "choosing a weapon for "need" when i really couldn't use it". That made me think and after talking to some people in the chat someone told me that the bonus are RELATED to classes, so, when a Jedi sees a wonderful lightsaber, the smuggler sees a hold-out blaster. Someone could confirm?

The main thing i see in the flashpoint loots is that the healer in my regular party is barely ever finding any loot. The drops seem to be rolling DPS first then tank then healer.

Out of curiosity we went back to hammer station at a high level and ran it like 20 times. The first five the tank did all the killing and we looted 90% jedi gear, The next 5 the DPS killed everything and we found 90% trooper gear. The next 5 times we let the healer kill everything and we found 90% smuggler gear. The final 5 times we got our lower characters and ran it with the same healer, the healer spent 100% of the time keeping the lower characters up but they did the killing and we found DPS, tank gear and the healer found very little.

I think either this is horrible design screwing those that heal or there is a bug in the system.

Yesterday I played a Flashpoint with a group, i was Smuggler, the other two jedi and a soldier. When the boss was defeated, I took the loot, choosing "Need" as it was a blaster pistol. When the loot finally went to me, my mate, the soldier, in an unpolite way, told me to enjoy "my autocannon" and she was really angry with me for "choosing a weapon for "need" when i really couldn't use it". That made me think and after talking to some people in the chat someone told me that the bonus are RELATED to classes, so, when a Jedi sees a wonderful lightsaber, the smuggler sees a hold-out blaster. Someone could confirm?

Having been in the same room with the people i do flashpoints with for almost every run we have done we have always seen the same loot. Maybe he just wasnt paying enough attention?

Having been in the same room with the people i do flashpoints with for almost every run we have done we have always seen the same loot. Maybe he just wasnt paying enough attention?

I hope that was the case, as I really felt that this was really strange. Thanks