Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This video contains content from WMG and Warner Chappell, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

is what i get furi :(. US can't watch.

Edited by paowee

anyone else notice the view counter on this thread alone? its closing in on the longtime standing sticky post outlining forum guidelines for posting now. And it only took a day and a half.

But can it ever beat "The Weird People You Meet In Groupfinder"? ;)

a

Do you think your attempts tomorrow will be better even lacking the NP buff?

Yeah I think so, there's still dps we can squeeze to that last attempt we think will make up for the buff

Oh and it was about 12 hours so far on DG not sure where Eudorus got 30 from lol

Edited by odawgg

The fight is doable. DiLiH had a 8% wipe last night. I'm 100% sure that we'll see a guild kill them before Monday this week.

Nice! 8% and no buff! let's race for NiM DG down! :cool:!

well race them rather. im not in the progression runs lol. just watching >_< the stream.

Edited by paowee

You almost did the impossible and I guess the OP needed a bit more practice on this run to claim it is not doable. Next time you run this, try to change to force technique for the duration of the leech on you. You should not be killing yourself in this manner and before leech runs out, replenish your force with saber strike, during leech on other tank, go back to combat technique and taunt if off him. You should be gaining 5000 dps on each leech and it will be a kill. This is what I want to try in my run but we cannot get them so low as we do not have your damage output yet.

PS: I also want to force cloak out of combat during the first leech, change my defense relic for a power one and get my Underworld stalker mainhand to do more damage on the boss.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Loom will be on it today aswell we were also at 10% without NP Buff and grenades ;). Lets see who make it first ;D.

But at BW hope you will leave the fight like that best you can do is dont nerf DG down just add 20-30 secs on Enrage timer ;)!!!

I've come around, the enrage timer needs to be loosened a little bit. It's great to see some guilds getting painfully close but given how much effort is having to be exerted to maximise DPS uptime it's overtuned, especially relative to the rest of the instance. Having said that the enrage timer should become a problem with anything less than fantastic DPS as opposed to the current requirement of 16-fingered Korean mastermind DPS. Edited by SamuelAU

As we are seeing now that its not impossible at all i really like how they tuned this fight even if it probably was an accident. Imho every Nightmare Encounter should be this hard at first so even the best of the best can't kill it on day one. Once an Encounter has been defeated it could be tuned down after a few weeks so that its accessible to a little more casual players. If they did it like that everyone would have fun. Hardcore Progress Guilds at first and the more casual guilds a little later.

This is how it was for 16m NiM tanks. Perfect execution of mechanics and optimizing DPS uptime. It took the guilds that cleared it pre-nerf probably 100 attempts each.

It needed re-tuned, for sure, but not to the point of giving up and saying it was impossible. Then when it got re-tuned, it was WAY to much. It needed maybe 15s and got 60s I think.

So it took 50+ pages of flaming/trolling/arguments for people to finally come around and admit the fight was overtuned, and needed at least 30 seconds added to the enrage. If you look on the first few pages of posts, I actually suggested amounts to add based on the % of players Bioware wanted to be able to defeat the encounter but it was buried among all of the armchair raiders posts.

Fixing the enrage timer is not a nerf. In its current form, the fight is "effectively impossible" unless you utilize a very specific group composition, use grenades, NP Buff, etc. This is not tuned properly, Bioware messed up the enrage timer, and the fight needs to be fixed.

Yes "mathematical impossibility" was incorrect, but with the nature of the mechanics of the fight, and all of the specifics needed to even make a viable attempt, the fight is broken PERIOD.

Our progression group does not include a gunslinger/sniper (and actually includes two Sage DPS lawl), so for our group it indeed was mathematically impossible.

Regards,

KK

So it took 50+ pages of flaming/trolling/arguments for people to finally come around and admit the fight was overtuned, and needed at least 30 seconds added to the enrage. If you look on the first few pages of posts, I actually suggested amounts to add based on the % of players Bioware wanted to be able to defeat the encounter but it was buried among all of the armchair raiders posts.

Fixing the enrage timer is not a nerf. In its current form, the fight is "effectively impossible" unless you utilize a very specific group composition, use grenades, NP Buff, etc. This is not tuned properly, Bioware messed up the enrage timer, and the fight needs to be fixed.

Yes "mathematical impossibility" was incorrect, but with the nature of the mechanics of the fight, and all of the specifics needed to even make a viable attempt, the fight is broken PERIOD.

Our progression group does not include a gunslinger/sniper (and actually includes two Sage DPS lawl), so for our group it indeed was mathematically impossible.

Regards,

KK

Karl, I don't disagree with what you're saying here.

However, I'd like to note that your angry, vicious and nasty comments to Tam and some of the others in this thread are among the things that propelled it into flaming and trolling.

You could have kept your cool and just tried to make your point instead.

Edited by Khevar

Regards,

KK

It was the wording, and then the insulting of people who thought calling it "impossible" in ANY way shape or form was premature. Someone is going to beat the fight in its current form, just like 5 or so guilds managed tanks pre-nerf.

I'm sure people would have been more receptive if this whole thing didn't start Day 1 after some guilds gave it all of 15 pulls.

But we sure as heck will claim world first (according to your chart here) WH, Op9, Kephess & TFB. We made a tactical choice by skipping DG - effectively forfeiting the ability to claim world first Asation clear if anyone gets DG since the other fights aren't as difficult.

Tactical decision? Baah humbug! You ran away like big sissys from an opponent you were scared of :-P No credits for what came after something like that ever, forget it!

Edited by Ardarell_Solo