Keith - As the new producer........

Darkside

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with every single word in this post. Everyone is in Wuv with the new guy.. no suprise! We need to see how things are after his first 90days. Before we fall head over heals for this dude:rolleyes:

We can have a 90 day update in this thread. It'll either be hugs or venom I'm sure, but honestly it's going to take Keith more than just 90 days to change things around. So outside of a "communication" measurement I don't necessarily think it is a fair time measure for his success.

Edited by Darkside

We can have a 90 day update in this thread. It'll either be hugs or venom I'm sure, but honestly it's going to take Keith more than just 90 days to change things around. So outside of a "communication" measurement I don't necessarily think it is a fair time measure for his success.

It's probably going to take him half a year at best to be able to start calling the shots. Galactic Command is still present, poisoning the game for almost half a year now. Keith really needs to get on top of it and either remove it or streamline it to how Warzone comms worked in 3.3.

It's probably going to take him half a year at best to be able to start calling the shots. Galactic Command is still present, poisoning the game for almost half a year now. Keith really needs to get on top of it and either remove it or streamline it to how Warzone comms worked in 3.3.

I cant believe after all the welcome change to pvp currency system they did a complete 180 and got rid of it all..its freaking insane how these guy do things right then muck it up on the new xpac cycle

I cant believe after all the welcome change to pvp currency system they did a complete 180 and got rid of it all..its freaking insane how these guy do things right then muck it up on the new xpac cycle

It's bizarre to say the least.

Moveover, if I may be so bold, I'd really love for Keith to discuss the gear restructure with 3.3 and then explain what he's going to do with Galactic Command if he's not going to remove it after how well-received the gearing structure was back then. The logic really makes no sense to at least not streamline Galactic Command after how the team envisioned gearing throughout 3.3 and 4.0.

PvP Economy and Ranked Rewards Restructure for Game Update 3.3

We think that getting a full set of PvP gear is too much of a grind. This is so much the case that only about 2% of PvP players have a full Dark Reaver set. Having at least Exhumed gear is a barrier to entry to being successful in PvP for the majority of players, so we looked to reduce the time and cost of getting there.
Edited by Talon_strikes

Since Keith was announced as producer, communication between the players and BW has improved.

I respect that.

It seems plans are being made that will improve the game. I hope these plans are executed and are implemented well.

We'll all just have to wait and see.

I'm rooting for you, Kieth.

It's a win-win for all of us if the game improves and even starts to thrive.

Don't get too excited as all major changes to the games have to be approved by James Ohlen and he is the reason for the current state of the game.

Hate to break it to you but he can't remove GC that would have to be approved by James Ohlen and not likely to happen given that it exists as a means to force people to sub to gear up.

I'm glad to see a new guy in charge. And he seems to be an actual player of the game and someone who enjoys alts. Let's hope that means he will do away with GC. :p (I see the previous 2 posters mention James Ohlen would have to approve this. I'm going to hope he does).

I eagerly await the roadmap, which I hope includes a return to class/planet/companion stories such as what most started playing the game for many years ago. *crosses fingers* I very much enjoyed the game up until the chapter stuff, and though most of the story was okay, I would like to see a return to what was. Myself, I enjoy story content, but the lack of flashpoints and operations has hurt the population of the game imo.

I would also very much like to see the rest of our companions returned in a meaningful way with more content than poor Malavai and Elara got.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

One thing to keep in mind about the whole "he plays the game thing" is that he may actually enjoy 5.0 and the RnG... We don't really know yet.

It's going to be really tough for anyone to change the development direction of this game because it is primarily driven by monetization tactics (EA) not how to bring in customers with fun game play. I'm pretty sure if you looked at the EA chart creating and funding FUN games is way down at the bottom of their priorities.

It has been that way for a very long time and is directly responsible for the lack of content and the systems ingame that leave you feeling disappointed or even straight penalized for participating...

It's not even a secret I would actually describe it as obvious...

Edited by Soljin

I rather it not be removed but fixed for raiders and pvp players and left for those of us that actually enjoy be able to gear without having to always do pvp and operations. Atm I do not want to pvp and/or operations. Done operations in the past but right now not interested in those and with the uprisings and master mode you do need some better gear to do those.

I rather it not be removed but fixed for raiders and pvp players and left for those of us that actually enjoy be able to gear without having to always do pvp and operations. Atm I do not want to pvp and/or operations. Done operations in the past but right now not interested in those and with the uprisings and master mode you do need some better gear to do those.

Best way to have fun in this game is to avoid "Endgame" at all costs. PvP occasionally for fun if it suits you, do an Operation through GF if it suits you...but other wise just enjoy the RPG aspects of this game and let them trash end game all they want...

You could even do this with no Sub...

If you do Sub though GC is good for solo players that do not participate in "Endgame" I will admit. Problem is very few people can just wander around and do random missions and be happy in an MMO...Super lucky if you can though :)

Edited by Soljin

I'm glad they got rid of expertise, but they handle pvp poorly at the moment. Honestly, they need to bolster pvp to 248, and let player skill decided battles. Then further incentivize people to participate in pvp through new loot/rep/ etc.

I'm glad they got rid of expertise, but they handle pvp poorly at the moment. Honestly, they need to bolster pvp to 248, and let player skill decided battles. Then further incentivize people to participate in pvp through new loot/rep/ etc.

/agree

Hate to break it to you but he can't remove GC that would have to be approved by James Ohlen and not likely to happen given that it exists as a means to force people to sub to gear up.

That may have been the intention, but the only thing GC did at launch was cause a bunch of people to drop their subscriptions, the exact opposite effect. Hence why they went into damage control mode and started trying to entice players to return by giving us back the 4.X gearing system in pieces. Since GC failed in what it set out to do, they may well remove it, or at the very least marginalize it even further than they already have. Now, whether they'll replace it with anything better if they remove it? Who knows. It would be hard to come up with an idea even more bone-headed than completely RNG gearing, but if anyone could manage it in a game they publish, it would be EA.

Edited by AscendingSky

One thing to keep in mind about the whole "he plays the game thing" is that he may actually enjoy 5.0 and the RnG... We don't really know yet.

Since Keith was Director of Live Services at the time when the game implemented GC.... he does not get a pass from me on this, nor do I think he will do anything to remove the GC experience. He WAS part of the management team responsible for 5.0..... let's not forget that. AND.. if he is to be accepted as "a player" then he is doubly responsible as Director of Live Services for protesting the state of 5.0 ahead of release.... so where was he????? I hold the entire management team surrounding SWTOR responsible for this as MMOs are like camels.. they are designed by committee.

I do however believe as producer he would be committed to driving continued effort to sanding off the sharp edges of 5.0 and get GC (eventually) to where it should have been at launch. It's closer now with 5.2.. but there is still a lot of brainless details in GC that show a persistent lack of attention to detail and consequences.

5.2 will likely go down in history as the biggest "remedial remedies" patch of all time in this MMO. Thing is... it's better to do it right the first time, rather then endless change orders after the fact.

Edited by Andryah

Since Keith was Director of Live Services at the time when the game implemented GC.... he does not get a pass from me on this, nor do I think he will do anything to remove the GC experience. He WAS part of the management team responsible for 5.0..... let's not forget that. AND.. if he is to be accepted as "a player" then he is doubly responsible as Director of Live Services for protesting the state of 5.0 ahead of release.... so where was he????? I hold the entire management team surrounding SWTOR responsible for this as MMOs are like camels.. they are designed by committee.

I do however believe as producer he would be committed to driving continued effort to sanding off the sharp edges of 5.0 and get GC (eventually) to where it should have been at launch. It's closer now with 5.2.. but there is still a lot of brainless details in GC that show a persistent lack of attention to detail and consequences.

5.2 will likely go down in history as the biggest "remedial remedies" patch of all time in this MMO. Thing is... it's better to do it right the first time, rather then endless change orders after the fact.

How do you know he didn't protest? Your whole assertion is rather absurd. What do you expect him to do if he disagreed with where his bosses said they going with the game? Did you want him to quit on principle? I'm just as mad and negative towards the devs/EA for that crappy state of the game as the next guy, but you are just being obtuse for the sake of it.

That may have been the intention, but the only thing GC did at launch was cause a bunch of people to drop their subscriptions, the exact opposite effect. Hence why they went into damage control mode and started trying to entice players to return by giving us back the 4.X gearing system in pieces. Since GC failed in what it set out to do, they may well remove it, or at the very least marginalize it even further than they already have. Now, whether they'll replace it with anything better if they remove it? Who knows. It would be hard to come up with an idea even more bone-headed than completely RNG gearing, but if anyone could manage it in a game they publish, it would be EA.

Thing is it didn't fail because you and a majority of the other people who play did not quit and still sub so you by being sub only send the message that you are ok with GC because that is all the guys at the top care about is money.

Sometimes i feel bioware intentionally do garbage like this so they can spend the rest of the year cleaning up the mess the made in the 1st place instead of actually working on new content. I mean look at all the time and resource that are wasted fixing GC. Instead of focusing on new content. And the long overdue class balance..think about it

You argue a Guilty by Association case here, and frankly, You present some valid points. There's no secret that the 2 latest xpac and the changes that came with them, to put it mildly, been wobbly and turned this game further from what I believed was the original intent.

On the other hand, the single most successful feature of this game in term of revenue is the Cartel Market, micro transactions is the new stuff of magic in every MMO, that said the Aftermath(pun intended) of 5.0 did turn out to prove the xpacs to be, and the confidence presented with them, to be Hoth Air(Yep;)).

The game is about to lose it's soul, and the games soul is Star Wars. At the same time an MMOs survivability is only as good as its game development, as in core game and its Endgame content. Some will argue that the End Game is the core game and I understand that stand point though I'm not agreeing. The core of this Game was built around Star Wars in general and more specifically the groundwork of KotOR 1 & 2. Swtor origin is unique in every aspect of an MMO, the Idea of leveling being the experience works, but only on those who "get it".

so what am I saying!? Well Star Wars is story, always has been, always will be. In this game(Swtor Origin lvl 1-50) the Story is presented in the leveling. Raids and PvP is what's supposed to keep us hooked while waiting for that Unique Star Wars Experience this game i capable of through the latest xpac and patches we'd been presented with(The fps's leading up to SoR is the last time the Game presented any Good Story content) is at best mediocre, and barely at an minimal acceptable level.

What I expect from Keith is Good Star Wars centered story development, Raids and pvp maps that enhance that experience in a regular and steady flow. And for good sake tone down the obvious money grabbing greed features that really is what 5.0 has been all about.

Edit; I believe Keith to be The Chosen One, and I hope not to have misread the prophecy!! :rak_03:

Edited by t-darko

Are there plans to include a road map for the story.

It seems to have gone completely out of control, we leave 5.2 with yet another

betrayal

no difference with any choices made on Iokath from the previous story, one large choice springs to mind, a lack of use of the returning companions but perhaps the biggest issue,

The Player has declared war on one of the main factions killing their leader, killing their troops siding with their enemy and also has a fleet that was able to conquer the galaxy so in effect one faction can and would be wiped out

by the next chapter. But some how this has to be reigned in, with something of a return to the status quo despite the possible loss of key figures. Epic stories are great but only if you have the ability to tell them. Otherwise you end up with 90% of a galaxy set in a different time and in a different condition that 8% and then 2% which is set in flashpoints where a slight nod is given to the actual continuation of the story.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I’ll be providing a SWTOR 2017 Roadmap in the next few weeks. In the meantime, look for responses from me on the Forums throughout this week and beyond. I’ll do my very best to be available.

---Keith

It doesn't say "Story" but, but a roadmap has been promised . . .

It seems to have gone completely out of control, we leave 5.2 with yet another

betrayal

no difference with any choices made on Iokath from the previous story, one large choice springs to mind, a lack of use of the returning companions but perhaps the biggest issue,

The Player has declared war on one of the main factions killing their leader, killing their troops siding with their enemy and also has a fleet that was able to conquer the galaxy so in effect one faction can and would be wiped out

by the next chapter. But some how this has to be reigned in, with something of a return to the status quo despite the possible loss of key figures. Epic stories are great but only if you have the ability to tell them. Otherwise you end up with 90% of a galaxy set in a different time and in a different condition that 8% and then 2% which is set in flashpoints where a slight nod is given to the actual continuation of the story.

Maybe we all died on Darth Marr's ship and everything after that is a dream? I still dont understand how we survive that explosion on marr ship.

The foundation between us has to be based on communication and feedback. I won’t promise you something we can’t deliver, nor will I purposely hide things you need to know.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I’ll be providing a SWTOR 2017 Roadmap in the next few weeks. In the meantime, look for responses from me on the Forums throughout this week and beyond. I’ll do my very best to be available.

---Keith

A belated welcome, I wish you every success in your new role.

While I can't say I'm going to be here longer than the next 7 days (I detest some of the 5.0 changes), I will keep an open mind in regards to the future of the game under your leadership.

Im always pretty negative about SWTOR and its future...and rightfully so. But seeing Keith beeing promoted made me somewhat happy. Im a little bit more enthusiastic / optimistic about the future of SWTOR. Looks like he is a communicative guy and has allready started talking to us.

Heres hope for a better future. Congratulations to your promotion and good luck keith.