One thing I don't get about troopers

Aelaias

Why does the archetype not have an execute attack. Back in the days of 19k hp and the possibility of dropping 2 HIBs for 9-11k with a 3k IP or SS in between and time it with a 2-4k from sticky or AP that would have been obscene (every couple of min when the crit buff was up). Now, perhaps not so much? Is it because those insane dots do 30% more dps to people under 30% health? DF gunslingers get that and the execute. Edited by Aelaias

Because it appears Vanguards are on the devs ****list this month

Oh, come now. I know some people are a little angsty, but have Troopers ever had a finisher? For some reason they were just designed that way from the start, and you can't exactly say Vanguards have been weak since the game's start (and from the honest discussion I've seen, they're not that weak now).

Don't get me wrong, II honestly don't get why Troopers don't have a finisher and don't see why they didn't rectify that in 2.0. Seems pretty natural for at least Commandos to have one. Who all doesn't get a finisher, though? Do Scoundrels? Can't recall if Sages do (and the Imp counterparts, of course).

Edited by Pilgrim_Grey

The reason why that was done I would imagine was due to the fact that unlike most (all other?) classes in the game the trooper/bh archetype could stack high damage abilities. Which also somewhat explains the fact that as single target abilities gi HIB was not that huge at 4.5-5.5k damage. And of course you could reset it and use it again in 3 seconds. An execute attack would have been too much. Now I am not so sure.

None of the healing AC's have an execute. VG is the only non-heal AC that doesn't have one. With the nerf in burst to VG's I think they could use one now. I agree before it would have been over the top but now it would make them useful again. So keep these threads going.

We got Commandos an interrupt, we can get VG's an execute!

None of the healing AC's have an execute. VG is the only non-heal AC that doesn't have one. With the nerf in burst to VG's I think they could use one now. I agree before it would have been over the top but now it would make them useful again. So keep these threads going.

We got Commandos an interrupt, we can get VG's an execute!

No, adding interrupt or die mechanics to new fights got commandos an interrupt.