Display Name Only Log In Now Live

AmberGreen

I have a solution for those who are continually getting the "one time password" when logging in to both the game and the website. For some reason the problem lies with using Internet Explorer, at least for me! So I did what the IT guys told me to do at SWTOR. That is I downloaded Moxzilla Firefox and made it my default browser! After I did this I only had to use 1 "one time password" for the website and 1 for the game! This is what worked for me! I no longer get the "one time password" for either the game or the website! Hope this helps!:D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have 2 computers and each time I log in I get asked about this one time password.

I started swtor as F2P and all was good. no one time password or anything like this.

Now that I'm a subscriber it changed and i get asked to put in one time password each time.

I don't want this and i don't want and I don't want some token program to generate the password myself.

My account has never been hacked since I started playing rpgs (Mods to be precise) and only had username and password.

This looks like forcing the customer to get an authenticator, which I refuse to have.

Please remove this each time password, because i even get it when I log off from one computer and then later log in again with the same computer which still has the same ip address I get asked the password again.

I think the only solution for me is to stop my subscription and go back to F2P to not have this each time.

Or to maybe just quit swtor. Started recently so no community yet to keep me here atm, just the game (which atm I still like).

Would be a shame thou for a game to loose player due to their insistance to force the one time password.

I also have 2 computers and each time I log in I get asked about this one time password.

I started swtor as F2P and all was good. no one time password or anything like this.

Now that I'm a subscriber it changed and i get asked to put in one time password each time.

I don't want this and i don't want and I don't want some token program to generate the password myself.

My account has never been hacked since I started playing rpgs (Mods to be precise) and only had username and password.

This looks like forcing the customer to get an authenticator, which I refuse to have.

Please remove this each time password, because i even get it when I log off from one computer and then later log in again with the same computer which still has the same ip address I get asked the password again.

I think the only solution for me is to stop my subscription and go back to F2P to not have this each time.

Or to maybe just quit swtor. Started recently so no community yet to keep me here atm, just the game (which atm I still like).

Would be a shame thou for a game to loose player due to their insistance to force the one time password.

i never get it, its probably because you have your internet browser clearing all active logins, cookies, etc, which causes your comp to forget everything hence why it asks for a OTP again and again

Hi I'm not sure why you always talk about the internet browser.

I just talk about logging into the game.

Do i need to place a cookie in IE to be able to start the game without this one time password?

I was also getting asked for an every time password when I logged in and I don't know how to check if my browser is in incognito mode. I've tried customer support and all I got from them was get the security key app, which I've done but it's still annoying. I've just tried downloading firefox but that doesn't help because it now demands the security key.

Can someone at Bioware just disable these extra security requirements on my account please?

Edited by Hamilqar

• 11 months later...

I'm having the same issue logging into the GAME. Nothing at all to do with a browser.

I have the same exact external IP for many months now and it's still the same.

I log in from the SAME computer each time.

Each time, it asks me for a one-time password to get into the game.

It's ruining the entire experience for me.

I'm having the same issue logging into the GAME. Nothing at all to do with a browser.

I have the same exact external IP for many months now and it's still the same.

I log in from the SAME computer each time.

Each time, it asks me for a one-time password to get into the game.

It's ruining the entire experience for me.

This is a super necro. Thanks for necroing a year old thread, now let it die again.