View Single Post

Torvai
08.13.2015 , 12:47 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by OdinStormblade View Post
Well, yes. And no. The range for the 5% damage reduction is 30m. The 15m are from the 50% damage reduction of Assas/Shadows, so you're technically right, and I was wrong on that one.
The threat reduction on the other side has no required range, as far as I know.
No. Again, and this isn't meant to offend in any form, read the tooltip, sentence by sentence. Guard does two things, clearly stated there:
1) "While active, the guarded player takes 5% less damage and generates 25% less threat." That's the first sentence. These conditions apply as long as you are guarded. They don't have a range.
2) "In addition, so long as you remain within 15 meters of the guarded player, 50% of all incoming damage from enemy players is transferred back to you. Requires tank stance"
This also does exactly what is stated there: 50% of damage from players is transerred to the guarding player, as long as he's within 15m. As such, it has a range and only applies in PvP combat. And trust me, I've seen my fair share of people believing that this also works in PvE(granted, sometimes it does the animation even in PvE, especially for environmental effects like the water in TFB, but it doesn't transfer any damage).
Biggest problem with guard in PvP is, that it sometimes losses it's effect without a reason or simply falls of somehow