Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

acheros

And the very refreshing context of being a slave who is forced into Sith training and how how despite becoming a Sith (s)he is still fighting for survival and against those that want to use him, which allows for many different interpretations of the Inquisitor's character depending on how the players see it. The endings are highly climatic and fitting depending on your alignment. This is a great and rather unique personal story of a Sith.

So far, the Inquisitor has been my favorite storyline of the three classes I've experienced (Knight and Smuggler). While Act II suffers the same "lets stretch this out over 5+ planets" issue that all the stories do, I thought it was solid overall.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, the Inquisitor has been my favorite storyline of the three classes I've experienced (Knight and Smuggler). While Act II suffers the same "lets stretch this out over 5+ planets" issue that all the stories do, I thought it was solid overall.

If you liked SI, try the IA story, blows the SI completely out of the water.

Act 1 was..Okay, not great, but i felt it was a great first act. It served like an introductory pilot. It introduces you to most of the characters, gives you the basic premise for the class storyline, ect.

Then act two happens...Act two is like, a big lipped alligator, starring you down. Sadly, however. unlike a big lipped alligator moment, this lasts much...Much longer.

Even the NAME is a joke. Force walk? really bioware? It sounds like a bad 80s dance craze..

What's wrong with meeting spirits of ancient sith lords and syphoning their power?The way i see it ,its a major nerdgasm.Clearly you did not get the point of the inquisitor and you are playing the wrong class.Its all about sith lore.

Edited by Kaedusz

You mean simply falling into the chair more than anything else.

Here Is how I view the SI the SI is like a stupid boss that has their underlings come up with all the schemes/plans many people have said this in the topic and they are correct. I don't care where my character ends up but overall the SI story makes the SI a bloody idiot. While their IQ goes up during planet questlines.

My friends and guildmates have a saying for the SI story we just simply shoot force lightning all the way to the council seat. Plus the whole story of chapter 2 and 3 I think should of been different. Right now in the game its just bad.

Hell at least the sith warrior actually can have a head on their soldiers and they are the so called "brute" the sheer number of options that SW has to deal with situations is staggering compared to the SI.

Majority of the time choices for the SI come down to "Half hearted light option" or "Lightning".

The story of the SI is plain bad. The only good parts IMO where korriban and the end scene and the end had to be ruined by mortis stealing our kill.

every class has a dialogue choice that makes them seem dumb not the si's fault if you choose that one. I played though the sith inquisitor storyline twice it was so good and every time I was the mastermind behind everything I did. there was never anyone else coming up with the plans with the exception of when I was the apprentice which frankly is expected.

every class has a dialogue choice that makes them seem dumb not the si's fault if you choose that one. I played though the sith inquisitor storyline twice it was so good and every time I was the mastermind behind everything I did. there was never anyone else coming up with the plans with the exception of when I was the apprentice which frankly is expected.

Er dude I played the SI story 4 times from 1-50 both light and dark and inbetween pretty much from chapter 1-3 its the npcs giving the SI all the plans and the SI just acts upon it never coming up with anything them self heck for chapter 2-3 it was zash detailing the plans and the crew giving additional information.

Look at nar shaada the cultists where the ones giving the plans and the ideas to the SI and when it came to the super weapon guess what? It was the moff that approached the SI and gave the plan to the SI again....

I have played all the imperial story classes and guess what? Even the BH can manipulate people better than the SI and the IA? The IA puts the SI to shame when it comes to planning, manipulation, sith politics and empire politics.

The only part of the SI story I somewhat enjoyed was act 1 and then from there it just went down hill fast.

If the SI story was soo good and the SI was such a mastermind why do we have a 14 page topic talking about how bad it is? Heck I was in beta and guess what people were saying? Keep act 1 scrap the rest and do it over. Heck when it comes to the SI story I have not seen 1 topic dedicated to how good it is while all the other classes had these forms of topics.

Edited by lokdron

Act 2 for the Imperial Agent is pretty cool. So there.

I agree. working as a double agent rocked! Trooper Act 2 was actually kinda fun gathering up the rest of Havoc was actually fun. Act 3 of the trooper was kinda meh though. Act 1 is all buildup for act 2 and act 2 is build up for act 3.

If the SI story was soo good and the SI was such a mastermind why do we have a 14 page topic talking about how bad it is? Heck I was in beta and guess what people were saying?

Because:

a) Many gamers LOVE their player ego to be stroked by epic power and epiccccc importance and epiccccccccccccc events

b) Many players are stuck on how Bioware advertised the Inquisitor instead on the actual storyline. Again, movie trailer analogy. The trailer doesn't matter in the end, the actual movie story does.

99% posts in this thread focus on these 2 aspects. And neither is really about the actual story

Because:

a) Many gamers LOVE their player ego to be stroked by epic power and epiccccc importance and epiccccccccccccc events

b) Many players are stuck on how Bioware advertised the Inquisitor instead on the actual storyline. Again, movie trailer analogy. The trailer doesn't matter in the end, the actual movie story does.

99% posts in this thread focus on these 2 aspects. And neither is really about the actual story

Er no

Well after reading 14 whole pages this is not the case. Plus the IA story has the player character being abused far more than the SI and run down by everybody and no one talks about how leet you are yet I consider this story to be far better than the SI. Since the IA story was actually well written heck even bioware said that the IA is their favorite.

Heck almost everyone on the forum says the IA is the best and that story is not about you "being" epic or you being amazingly important. The reason why people love it since the IA(won't go into story spoilers for those who have not played it yet) story is well crafted and written well while the SI was not.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210498&page=3

Considering this page.

Or this page

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210498&page=4

This page as well

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210498&page=5

This page goes into proper detail why it is bad and I agree with them. By ben and Jen

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=210498&page=7

Edited by lokdron

Er no

Well after reading 14 whole pages this is not the case.

So you say it's not the case and then proceed to quote posts that talk exactly about that lol? You quote Ben and Jen who go on and on how Inquisitor is not Palapatine/Sidious. Yes, there's also the aspect of Thanaton's unconvincing motivations. But guess what, even with IA story the villain in Act 3 is not exaclty praised and many people think Act 3 and the whole conspiracy weren't really developed enough.

Plus the IA story has the player character being abused far more than the SI and run down by everybody and no one talks about how leet you are yet I consider this story to be far better than the SI.
Then why they complain about that in SI story huh? Obviously because to many people the Sith fantasy is taking over the galaxy rather than more small, personal stories. Exaggerating of course but you get the point. Edited by Pietrastor

I always had the impression that Thanaton feared the player character so much, a recent slave apprentice having killed two Lords, that he merely used the notion of "tradition" as a convenient pretense for his actions. The man was a slave himself, at one point. I think we're supposed to come off with the impression that he's a gutless hypocrite.