best headset

Crerin

So I have lost my old headset USB adapter, and my new laptop doesn't have any mic or sound ports (oh joy!) So I am stuck with an old worthless headset. I was just wondering if anyone had any good headsets they would recommend for either quality or value. The only requirement is that it must come with a usb adapter.

I use Logitech H800. It is a wireless USB headset which is nice for a laptop. I cant test the full range of the wireless but it works all through my apartment unless I walk behind our brick fireplace. They are super light and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. They arent Beats but they have great sound quality. The mic is sensitive and you sound like yourself when you talk through it. However, the headset isn't sound canceling. personally, i wanted that so i can hear when someone in another room is calling my name but i know that is a deal-breaker for some.

plus, they are affordable (got mine for 60$)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1164567&CatId=7214

Edited by ForsakenKing

i just bought an alienware headset expecting high quality, idk if its a bum set but its to the point when im solo quing and listening to music i plug in a different headset, they are very comforatable and look really nice, the mic retracts into the headset when not in use.. but when it comes to quality its definetly not there... my old headset i used to run about 50% game sound, with the new ones i have to run 100%..

i just bought an alienware headset expecting high quality, idk if its a bum set but its to the point when im solo quing and listening to music i plug in a different headset, they are very comforatable and look really nice, the mic retracts into the headset when not in use.. but when it comes to quality its definetly not there... my old headset i used to run about 50% game sound, with the new ones i have to run 100%..

That could be a couple things, most likely it has a higher internal impedance than your other ones. Higher quality head sets tend to have a 32-50 ohm internal impedance, while cheap stuff has 16 ohm.