This is the week for info.

Chrisarn

They actually stated that the new gear will be achieved differently.

Grind is mmo. So with that being said

t-.- right here buddy

If I didn't like gear grind I would play another game, this was not pejorative. I was just saying 2.4 was all about gear grind nothing else.

Also, trid to translate t-.- on google... couldnt find anything. Weird.

Yes, the week has arrived. We will finally get some info from BioWare on 2.4 and Arenas. Can't wait for it, 2.4 can't come fast enough.

I am assuming you are referring to this

Glad you like the artwork! We are pretty happy with them as well :)

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!

Hopefully it was not pushed.

2.4 is about gear grind.

/thread

They actually stated that the new gear will be achieved differently.

Grind is mmo. So with that being said

t-.- right here buddy

It's a mmo so sure it is about a gear grind

I do not have very good hope in what they will be doing. They have just been to focused on the Cartel Market to really make anything good lately. The direction of the game is just depressing to me. :(

With that in mind I fear this:

It will more than likely be a a new kind of Grind called Cartel Market Grind. Or (CMG) for short.

Basically you are supposed to pay a little here and little there through the Cartel Market for each peace of gear before in order to get the full set of gear. Then to wear it you need to pay another little bit of Cartel Coins. In the end the total cost of the Full set of gear is more than $10 total. After which you can add it to the collections for even more Cartel Coins. :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit pessimistic of me but hey they have not been very impressive as of ate. So I fear more Nickel-And-Diming. :(

I do not have very good hope in what they will be doing. They have just been to focused on the Cartel Market to really make anything good lately. The direction of the game is just depressing to me. :(

With that in mind I fear this:

It will more than likely be a a new kind of Grind called Cartel Market Grind. Or (CMG) for short.

Basically you are supposed to pay a little here and little there through the Cartel Market for each peace of gear before in order to get the full set of gear. Then to wear it you need to pay another little bit of Cartel Coins. In the end the total cost of the Full set of gear is more than $10 total. After which you can add it to the collections for even more Cartel Coins. :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit pessimistic of me but hey they have not been very impressive as of ate. So I fear more Nickel-And-Diming. :(

Good thing that's just your imagination and it isn't going to happen like that.

• Dev Post
Hopefully it was not pushed.

Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed ;)

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes. :rak_03:

-eric

Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed ;)

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes. :rak_03:

-eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Seriously eric? I was so looking forward to that blogpost... how can it take 3 weeks for something that's already finished in the english language? I'm sure there's community members that can translate it faster than that? There's been a dryspell of actual informative blogposts for a while now, the Summer of SWTOR updates only add to the need for more clear information on what this patch will actually bring PvP-content wise.

I'm sure even Kvothe would approve if this blogpost came sooner :(. Man I'm really bummed.

Edited by Winguardian

Seriously eric? I was so looking forward to that blogpost... how can it take 3 weeks for something that's already finished in the english language? I'm sure there's community members that can translate it faster than that? There's been a dryspell of actual informative blogposts for a while now, the Summer of SWTOR updates only add to the need for more clear information on what this patch will actually bring PvP-content wise.

I'm sure even Kvothe would approve if this blogpost came sooner :(. Man I'm really bummed.

As long as they're adding MORE PvP content (like new wz's Eric...hint hint), I'm fine with this being delayed weeks.

-eric

Don't you think it is time to hype us on the next Cartel Pack? is that coming with 2.3?

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Perhaps Eric was just jesting for effect here, but assuming he was not, this statement says a lot about the hierarchical structure of EABW. That a blog post needs several levels of approval and control shows that the process of control is out of control itself. No wonder Bioware does not move fast. They are not allowed to.

Red tape. It has to be approved by a bunch of people. If something is not approved then it has to be rewritten then resent through the approval process again ad nauseam, until its approved.

If this is the same for fleshing out new features I can understand why they keep rehashing daily area's and old mechanics, not willing to innovate cause there's too much red tape involved. An open and iterative environment is not encouraged it seems at BW. What do they have to lose by having a developer speak his mind? He's part of the team isn't he? Yet so many forms of approval needed seems to indicate you don't trust him.

I can understand if it would have to be approved by his direct superior but cmon, 3 weeks for a blogpost that's rediculous.

In any case they won't change and that's unfortunate, I just hope they don't disappoint us when the blogpost finally does come.

Edited by Winguardian

They should ad dailies for low level characters, my Sorcerer may be 39 but he does have feelings :p

They do have dailies. Most of the heroic 2s/4s are daily. You have dailies for flashpoints/warzones/space combat.