Last boss of HM False Emperor impossible to kill without knockback

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i could be way off here... but knockback is not how he was intended to be beaten...

It is intended. It's a reference to how Darth Vader killed the real emperor.

It is pretty dumb design though. A reference is not worth bad gameplay and balance.

Edited by GeLopez

Did this without having a knockback. I, as a powertech tank, just jumped off the edge and grappled him off..........was not able to loot, but got the "W".

Shouldn't have to have a specific group makeup to get this fight done.

-Harlon

If your dps isnt horrid you'll kill him before this phase.

He only enters this phase after using the force choke/chasing a party member mechanic on all four party members.

Pretty much seems to me like a 1 last shot at downing him before he enrages and wipes you, if you can figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
I just did this and we only had one knockback in our party. After a wipe or two trying to figure it out, i noticed that Grapple works on him. So i put him on one side of the pit, Ran to the other, RP walked right up to the edge and boom. he died.

He only enters this phase after using the force choke/chasing a party member mechanic on all four party members.

Pretty much seems to me like a 1 last shot at downing him before he enrages and wipes you, if you can figure it out.

You're just flat out wrong sir.

Our dps isn't horrid. We burned him and he entered this phase after only force choking 2 party members. Sounds like you got lucky, as others have described, and he didn't enter the phase for you. Congratulations on the kill, but the level of misinformation here is most likely higher then your deeps.

LOL i could be way off here... but knockback is not how he was intended to be beaten... I think they will (and should) remove that option soon. I have not done that encounter yet but it sounds like some condition is not being met, perhaps he is reaching an immunity timer because the dps is too soft? Maybe it is like some raid bosses where he becomes immune for a long period of time where the group has to just buff up and heal through it until a later time where you can resume fighting him *shrug* something is being missed... he doesn't sound like he is "broken" just some clever mechanic at work here.

Actually, you are wrong bud. Knockbacks are how he is meant to be beaten. They would make him immune to knockbacks when channeling or any other time if that were not the case. Also, he is immune to damage at that point, so clearly that is another indication that knockbacks are the designed way of killing him.

He only chokes us 3 times befor he goes in his "i cast lightning stuff, derp derp phase" because we got pretty good dps, so i would call this wrong. Never killed him with knocking him down / entering his lightning phase.

Powertech can grapple for the first nockback to position him. And smugglers/Snipers have Pulse Detonator, Cover Pulse respectivly. Its pretty hard to not have more than 1 grapple or nockback in a group of 4 that works for this.

Yep. There are some group setups that cannot kill him because they're lacking the knock backs.

Vanguard/Powertech, Operatives/Scoundrels, Marauder/Sentinel, Gunslinger/Sniper.

Dumb Boss Design is dumb.

Snipers have knockbacks. Powerteches have grapple. Marauders and I guess Ops are the only ones who don't have it.

Its highly improbable you don't have two ACs in the group who have knockbacks.

It is intended. It's a reference to how Darth Vader killed the real emperor.

It is pretty dumb design though. A reference is not worth bad gameplay and balance.

Vader technically killed the Emperor by picking him up and throwing him.

I think Force Choke should work for one of the knockbacks.... would make group composition a lot easier.

If you survive the lightning phase long enough, he can be knocked off with a single knockback.

Tanks:

Powertech has Grapple. (And Death From Above? Haven't tried that one.)

Juggernaut has Force Push.

Assassin has Overload.

So right there, you cannot form a group unable to do this.

Healers:

Sorcerer has Overload.

Mercenary has Sweeping Blasters/Death From Above (Same as above on these two. They have knockdown components but haven't personally tested).

Operatives have Orbital Strike (same disclaimer)

That's potentially two knockbacks right there just from having a viable group at all. Doesn't even matter what DPS you have, but 3/4 of them have it just from basic class skills.

I did it without a knockback in our group at all. The problem is our DPS had to be extremely high to compensate for this fact. His immunity isn't active when he fights 1v1 against you so if you burn him down to his immunity fast enough he will pick someone to 1v1 and they can finish him off by bursting down the rest of his health. This strategy requires very very high dps though.

I just did this and we only had one knockback in our party. After a wipe or two trying to figure it out, i noticed that Grapple works on him. So i put him on one side of the pit, Ran to the other, RP walked right up to the edge and boom. he died.

I kinda want to get to this and see if this works and then have a sorc/consular extricate/rescue. Ultimate cinematic awesomeness lol

strat without knock back:

take emperor down to 11 % when he picks the 4 person to attack while everyone else is choked kill boss down to as low as possible when everyone choked 4th person kills boss you win no knock-back required however if the person dose not kill him you will have to knockhim off, have done it alot. if you take emperor down to 10 %before he picks the fourth person he will start to channel and must use knockback method.

Edited by dorianis

While I've yet to run FE, I imagine the layout of the bridges would also allow a Vanguard / Powertech or a Consular / Inquisitor to stand on the edge of the perpendicular bridge and use Harpoon / Force Pull the boss into the pit.

I do this to Imps running across the bridge in Voidstar all the time. :sy_havoc:

If you survive the lightning phase long enough, he can be knocked off with a single knockback.

Tanks:

Powertech has Grapple. (And Death From Above? Haven't tried that one.)

Juggernaut has Force Push.

Assassin has Overload.

So right there, you cannot form a group unable to do this.

Healers:

Sorcerer has Overload.

Mercenary has Sweeping Blasters/Death From Above (Same as above on these two. They have knockdown components but haven't personally tested).

Operatives have Orbital Strike (same disclaimer)

That's potentially two knockbacks right there just from having a viable group at all. Doesn't even matter what DPS you have, but 3/4 of them have it just from basic class skills.

You might wanna play they game before making inaccurate comments..

Orbital Strike only knocks down weak/standard mobs.

And so does Overload, by the way. and yet it works.

You might wanna play they game before making inaccurate comments..

Why don't you specifically prove to me that those abilities do not work? How is it inaccurate when I point out that I have not tested them but believe they may work? I did not claim that they absolutely will work.

Edited by Salmissra