Why do Stormtroopers wear armor...

Nireves

We can assume it was luck or we can assume it was the force trying to create balance. There are lots of ways you can ******** what happened in the movie so that the universe can make an ounce of *********** sense. If we go entirely by the movie then I think it is safe to say Ewoks are the most powerful race in the galaxy and should be building an empire of their own in Episode 7, 8, and 9 if those are ever made cause no *********** way Thrawn could handle the Ewok master race's *********** rocks.

You mean mitichlorians?

• 1 year later...
why SWTOR's trooper got better and badder armour compared to Clone wars armour

Never occurred to you that Trooper is a leader of special forces unit while Clone troopers are nothing but cannon fodder? Leader of special forces definitely have access to the better gear than tank-bred soldiers who have a very little value since you can just create more of them. As result, in order to produce such amount of armor, it's quality lower.

One hell of a necro...

Quite...but as for the question, the armor is better at environmental hazards such as gas, electrical, chemical and so on. It also helps with explosive shrapnel n the like, it can protect from blaster bolts but not to the extent of what Clone Troopers wear for their armor.

One large bump...but since someone bumped it I guess I will respond in hopes that they were sincere. :)

due to the way Star Wars canon works what we see in the movies is how it actually happens.

So when Hans blaster fires and causes a fiery explosion on a wall then thats what a blaster actually does even though it doesn't do that when it hits other objects.

So storm trooper armor creacking when they fall over then thats what really happens.

Beleive me I agree its completely stupid and its all the fault of incredibly obsessive fanboys who try to use science to explain a fictional movie not based in reality.

This statement is just wrong and bugs me. Since props do not work how they intended too (as with cracking when they hit the ground) or to make a dramatic effect then that should be defined as canon? I highly doubt Leland Chee would agree with that.

Stormtrooper armor is generally very durable and can withstand glancing blow shots and other things as previous posters have pointed out.

Edited by Reedek

Never occurred to you that Trooper is a leader of special forces unit while Clone troopers are nothing but cannon fodder? Leader of special forces definitely have access to the better gear than tank-bred soldiers who have a very little value since you can just create more of them. As result, in order to produce such amount of armor, it's quality lower.

Several sources have stated that Clone Troopers were given the best military gear available. As an example: Clone Trooper Armor can deflect blaster bolts.

I would like to out my two cents worth even though it is probably a little late.

Here is a little back ground on me so that you may know where I am coming from

I was in the military for 6yrs have been deployed overseas

Now that being said most armor that is fabricated through the military does it job pretty well but the catch is that there is always something better out there that Special Operation, Delta Force, Seals, MARSOC… etc have. These guys go in behind enemy lines and retrieve Intel, and HVT and most of the time they do not have the resources let’s say the united states army may have on hand when in a conflict.

Most of the time any type of medical or quick reaction force on hand takes two to three times as longer for support to arrive for these guys because of the specific mission that they are in. IE Black ops not supposed to be their if caught you are not part of the United States types of mission, or they are so fare behind enemy territory that evac or any type of support needs to be planed out tediously to make sure the best chance of survival for all parties.

To me it’s not that the storm trooper got the short end of the stick, but that the storm trooper is surrounded buy other resources more easily and readily available and has probably an even greater chance of surviving then say a Special forces trooper for several reasons. So it is more cost effective for command to put more money in medical, early warning units, etc…. Those buy them selves would be incredibly much more cost effective and covers a whole group of people more easily. To Place every single storm trooper in the highest grade armor that the empire has to offer would not be cost effective and even the empire has budget .(half of the storm troopers would not know what do with that armor.) I know I know some ones argument is going to be well the empire will just take over that company and make them produce it. Well then the problem is still supply and demand maybe that material used to make that specific armor is rare and not abundant and then you still have the problem who will I give this top of the line armor to.

You give it to the Special Forces or “Troopers” The life expectancy of a special operations trooper is much lower than any regular soldier. The grass is greener on the other side. The truth is that they are given better Personnel equipment and small arms weaponry because 9/10 their resources are limited and to increase their chance of coming back home alive is to be given extensive training and teach them skills that will help the survive days on end. The regular military or storm troopers 9/10 don’t have to worry about that because the resources are right there. In the end the small picture does not make sense but if you look at the big picture and how everything is placed together, then it becomes clear.

May the Force Be With You, Always! :rak_03:

I was once told the reason that everything looks better and more futuristic in the earlier movies and SWTOR is due to a technological plane and function over form. Sort of how modern military computers look on ships. Granted some are old, but not all.